HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Wuhan Greenland Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Wuhan Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Feb 8, 2016, 4:03 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumdogmillionaire View Post
Shorter buildings are almost always more efficient, literally speaking and energy-wise. Most supertalls are built in the quest of winning the dick-wagging contest of who has the tallest building, not as something for logic's sake
A basic fact and yet a lot of people will ream you on forums like this for saying it. Going over ~800ft has no purpose other than dick-waving and makes no engineering sense. The only reason it makes economic sense in some cases is because the super-rich will pay handsomely for the right to wave their dicks. It's a conspicuous consumption sort of deal. "Look at me, I'm so rich I can waste tons of money on a gigantic phallic symbol to compensate for my erectile dysfunction".

Old Posted Feb 8, 2016, 3:37 PM

..Gays call them "Size Queens"......

Old Posted Jul 28, 2016, 10:40 AM

Update: This building has already exeeded 300 meters in height for nearly 2 months already, thus exceeding supertall status, and it means about half the height of the building is complete. I guess it is around 320-335 meters by now. I hope it can be completed quickly, Because I'm a HUGE fan of skyscrapers and a HUGE, HUGE fan of the Wuhan Greenland Center. I want to go see it, take photos, and even go in its observation deck and stay in it too.

Topping Off: 2017

Estimated completion: 2017-2018

Opening: 2018

Any July/August Photo update? I would love to see them.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2016, 11:26 AM
if I sang out of tune

lift cores have to be so big for super/megatalls as they now form part of the office space
(as in one part of the office will be concrete enclosed, the other glass). The lifts
themselves are only in the central bit, not the arms.

Last edited by muppet; Jul 20, 2017 at 7:50 AM.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2017, 7:51 AM
if I sang out of tune

Invisible Wuhan

Old Posted Jul 20, 2017, 7:52 AM
if I sang out of tune

by whhb123

Old Posted Jul 20, 2017, 3:22 PM
Chairman

Damn that is a huge city.

-sb

Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 10:04 PM
if I sang out of tune

by cdr48

Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 10:41 PM

Height cut to 500 M

by 花样诗情

Old Posted Sep 9, 2018, 1:42 PM
Editor

update

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscillation View Post

Old Posted Sep 10, 2018, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
I read somewhere that Greenland is building a Wuhan Center.
lulz

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 6:32 AM

On Hold

https://www.ctbuh.org/news/construct...pment-in-wuhan

Quote:
A subsidiary of China’s largest construction group has suspended work on one of the nation’s tallest skyscrapers after the developer became the latest in a string of companies to default on a payment. The default highlights the growing challenges faced by China’s construction groups as the slowing economy trims credit supply, putting the once runaway mega-tower building boom under stress.

In an October 30 letter, China Construction Third Engineering Bureau Company (CCTEBC) said it would halt construction on the 476-meter-high Greenland Center in the central city of Wuhan. It said Greenland Group, one of the nation’s largest property companies, had failed to make “a significant” project payment.

“Unfinished supertall skyscrapers, which cost a huge amount of funds to build, are a typical sign of economic recession,” said Yan Yuejin, an analyst at Shanghai-based E-house China Research and Development Institution. “They are financed by credit and will run into trouble when lenders begin to scale back.”

China reported year-on-year economic growth of six percent in the third quarter, its slowest pace in 30 years. Other cash-strapped property developers have also been struggling to keep their tall-building projects afloat. Construction of more than a dozen super tall skyscrapers, defined as buildings higher than 300 meters, have been postponed or are behind schedule.

Wuhan Greenland Center: The 1500 ft tall Dissapointment by Brady Cloud, on Flickr

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 4:04 AM
BANNED

This design was amazing. The look is certainly something out of the future. A curvy facade tower like this is quite inspiring. The creative force to design such a thing is remarkable. The developer certainly had high aspirations. The money was obviously there to do a flashy tower design to make a big statement which may be a bit lacking in other areas of the world. I am interested to see it finished. Sadly it is on hold.

Last edited by aquablue; Jan 28, 2020 at 4:17 AM.

Old Posted May 29, 2021, 9:02 PM
The Vomit Bag.

You should check out Greenland's Wuhan Centre. At 98 stories, it is the tallest building in Greenland.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2022, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownTown View Post
A basic fact and yet a lot of people will ream you on forums like this for saying it. Going over ~800ft has no purpose other than dick-waving and makes no engineering sense. The only reason it makes economic sense in some cases is because the super-rich will pay handsomely for the right to wave their dicks. It's a conspicuous consumption sort of deal. "Look at me, I'm so rich I can waste tons of money on a gigantic phallic symbol to compensate for my erectile dysfunction".

Even ignoring the fact that there is nothing wrong with vanity height, you're objectively wrong. No reason for a building over 800 ft, you can't be that delusional. Then again you're banned, so there will be no response from you.

Even with the height cut this building is still massive. Crazy to think how many megatalls were about to go up in china before their regulations.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2022, 2:27 AM
DENNAB

^^ Yea, China is so spoiled if a 400+ meter building isn't tall enough lol.

Anyway, skyscrapers are indeed "dick-waving" and senseless after a certain point but 800 feet is probably a bit low for the cutoff. Probably more like 1,100 feet or so may still be necessary in the largest / most crowded cities on earth.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2022, 1:47 AM

Old Posted Feb 13, 2024, 4:23 AM
Walk taker

It's pretty dramatic how quickly the number and scale of projects coming out of China has diminished in the last few years - thanks in no small part to the dramatic collapse of China's private property development sector

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction