HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

350 Mission Street in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 18, 2015, 3:40 AM
Only Mostly Dead

^That is a shame.

As I mentioned in another thread, I wish it was possible for Planning to adjust height limits to upzone other lots to make up for cases like this (and 535 Mission and a few others) where there is unused height. These taller sites are too few to let them go to waste.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Nov 18, 2015, 4:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hruski View Post
I thought they built it up to the approved limit (which was still below the zoning)
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I'm pretty sure they got a second approval for an additional few stories that they had requested after the first approval...but then they decided not to add those extra stories.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2015, 4:38 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech12 View Post
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I'm pretty sure they got a second approval for an additional few stories that they had requested after the first approval...but then they decided not to add those extra stories.
That is also my recollection. They got a variance for essentially a few extra floors, but stopped short.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2015, 1:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
^That is a shame.

As I mentioned in another thread, I wish it was possible for Planning to adjust height limits to upzone other lots to make up for cases like this (and 535 Mission and a few others) where there is unused height. These taller sites are too few to let them go to waste.

I was thinking this also, but zoning heights are tailored to suit each site's location in relation to its surroundings to the maximum height that currently makes sense. Transferring unused height credits from one site to another is usually not an easy fit without good reason to do so. We will have better reason to raise heights once the current building cycle is complete, but it most likely will have nothing to do with adding unused height from elsewhere.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2015, 6:15 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Yeah, I realize it's not feasible. There's also the effect zoning has on the value of the property. Owners aren't going to be too happy having their value given to someone else. Just a lament of mine.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Last edited by peanut gallery; Nov 19, 2015 at 3:43 PM.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2015, 8:34 AM

^^^I still sympathize with you. Your lament is very understandable. At least the building looks about as good as it can be given all the circumstances. Too bad I probably may not really see it, unless I'm within half a block of it once everything is built up. Ignoring practicality, if it can only trade locations with Jasper...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive