HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Closed Thread

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 5:30 PM

I could be wrong about this being "new" but there's a (i think) new blue construction wrap fencing and a porta-potty on site. I don't remember that being there last week. Now, back to your regularly scheduled d measuring contest to see who can put this project on blast the most...

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 5:54 PM

I’ll check back with you when site work resumes to see if you may have missed a possibility.

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 5:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.ARCH View Post
I can confirm that progress is being made on the project - specifically the design. I'm not sure about their intended construction schedule, but it's definitely not dead.

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 8:40 PM

Quote:
I can confirm that progress is being made on the project - specifically the design. I'm not sure about their intended construction schedule, but it's definitely not dead.
Is the design improved or VE'd?

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
It is probably 33 floors now,,,LOL

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 9:37 PM

Including the parking podium?

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 9:52 PM

They’d still consider it a difficult project and need another 2 years to start because it’s over the usual 20-25 floors we are seeing around midtown today.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Revised to include the previously announced office component. The height has not changed.

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Revised to include the previously announced office component. The height has not changed.
Awww, don't rain on their parade now. They were just getting started with the snide remarks. LOL. :

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 1:02 PM
Just a dude

Quote:
Interesting, I've heard project is in doubt and not moving forward anytime soon. I guess technically you're right however, it isn't dead.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 1:43 PM
Development Spectator

Quote:
Going vertical with the office component on spec or is the entire project now on hold until a major tenant is lined up? Lots of developers are marketing office projects right now in Midtown. Crowded field and with what would appear to be very small floor layouts... Perhaps the redesign includes a wider "base" for the office component and then narrowing the tower for the condos?

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daharris80 View Post
Going vertical with the office component on spec or is the entire project now on hold until a major tenant is lined up? Lots of developers are marketing office projects right now in Midtown. Crowded field and with what would appear to be very small floor layouts... Perhaps the redesign includes a wider "base" for the office component and then narrowing the tower for the condos?
I'm out of the loop on that first question.. but yes, the office component has a bigger footprint.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 8:21 PM

New Blue

The new blue tarp thingy. Inspiring, eh? I know, not really...

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrophile View Post

The new blue tarp thingy. Inspiring, eh? I know, not really...
Just covers up the embarassing hole that was created 3 years ago..

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 9:11 PM

Why do people keep awakening this thread. Have they even secured financing yet? Put this project with Eviva; not enough means to deliver.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 10:11 PM
Just a dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
Why do people keep awakening this thread. Have they even secured financing yet? Put this project with Eviva; not enough means to deliver.
From what I've heard, no they have not.

Old Posted May 24, 2019, 2:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
Y'all are hilarious!

We have an insider, probably from the design firm, who says the project is progressing and is not dead and y'all are like...it's dead!

Old Posted May 24, 2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalopolis View Post
Y'all are hilarious!

We have an insider, probably from the design firm, who says the project is progressing and is not dead and y'all are like...it's dead!
It's obviously not dead, they wouldn't still be trying to sell units if it was. It does seem unlikely to ever get off the ground, though.

Everything they have done so far appears to be a sales tactic. It's frankly a little bizarre to push dirt around on a site just to make it look like construction has started. Other similarly-priced projects like One Museum Place and Seventh Midtown didn't do anything like that.

Between that and their redesign to include more lower-priced units, it's obvious they've been struggling to make enough pre-sales to make this happen. That's not surprising, considering it would be tripling or maybe even quadrupling Midtown's inventory of $1M+ condos.

Old Posted May 24, 2019, 12:23 PM

To borrow a line from dpoulos27, "from what I've heard" the design documents are hundreds of pages long and are extremely detailed. Does that sound about right, L.ARCH?

So with that information, along with at least 40% pre-sales and a green light from the city to proceed with the re-designed tower, I choose to be optimistic about the chances of this getting off the ground.

This is a far more massive project than One Museum Place and Seventh Midtown, so not a very good comparison.

Old Posted May 24, 2019, 12:32 PM
Just a dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalopolis View Post
To borrow a line from dpoulos27, "from what I've heard" the design documents are hundreds of pages long and are extremely detailed. Does that sound about right, L.ARCH?

So with that information, along with at least 40% pre-sales and a green light from the city to proceed with the re-designed tower, I choose to be optimistic about the chances of this getting off the ground.

This is a far more massive project than One Museum Place and Seventh Midtown, so not a very good comparison.
My info is they are lacking funding currently - it's not dead but not progressing, somewhat of a purgatory development wise.

This one is the long game, if it goes it's going to take a lot more time. That being said I truly hope it happens. Just worry it's 10 years too soon.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta