HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Salesforce Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jan 1, 2017, 6:17 PM

What is the name of the tall building to the right of the SF tower?

Old Posted Jan 1, 2017, 7:09 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ1272 View Post
What is the name of the tall building to the right of the SF tower?
Its Oceanwide Center aka 50 1st Street. To the left of Salesforce is 181 Fremont. IMO, Fremont and Oceanwide are fantastic. Fremont especially. I have a strong favoritism to the Bank of China tower in HK, and Fremont quasi looks like it.

SF is lucky to get Oceanwide in time due. Hell, I wish this would be what WTC2 would look like in my region (tri-state).

Even Salesforce is nice. Its a taller, and nicer version of the Golman Sachs tower in Jersey City. Again, Saleforce looks like another HK tower, and the same architect I believe designed it, One Island East.

Thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...185537&page=19

Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 12:01 AM

As unfortunate as we are to get the Pelli design for Salesforce Tower, we're very lucky to get the Oceanwide Center. It'll be a day one icon for the city.

SFT on the other hand...artists will have to be very very detail oriented to not make it look phallic when painting it on SF themed coffee mugs or shirts.

For instance I saw a painting of all the future SF towers at Philz coffee. The artists rendering made SFT look straight up like a blue penis.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 10:12 PM

Some of the earlier renderings looked as if the building or building glass was going to be blue. Now I realize it is more due to the blue sky reflecting on the glass giving that effect. I am glad the way it is turning out rather than actual blue. It looks fantastic this way so far, and may look even better when completed.

From an isolated image grab from Vimeo previously posted: (https://vimeo.com/151434466)

Last edited by SFView; Jan 4, 2017 at 10:35 PM.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2017, 5:55 PM

Last edited by Justbuildit; Jan 6, 2017 at 4:31 AM.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2017, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justbuildit View Post
Great pic. Don't forget to credit the photos you use.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2017, 11:02 PM

I took this yesterday in Alameda

Everything That Dies by SF Lіghts, on Flickr

Old Posted Jan 7, 2017, 12:46 AM
REAL Kiwi!

^^^Wow! That is stunning.....

Old Posted Jan 7, 2017, 3:09 AM

How is crown installation going? It seems to have Slowed down according to the construction cam.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2017, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maywaylayaway View Post
How is crown installation going? It seems to have Slowed down according to the construction cam.

The crown is supposed to top out sometime in March. But, yes, I agree they have slowed down a bit since they topped out the core...the rainy and windy weather probably doesn't help.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2017, 9:25 PM
Get me out of here

Love this:

Photo from photo101 on Flickr

Last edited by brantw; Jan 7, 2017 at 9:26 PM. Reason: giving credit

Old Posted Jan 7, 2017, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maywaylayaway View Post
Guessing the crown is part of the curtainwall or miscellaneous steel package vs. the structural steel package so it will start when the curtainwall gets closer to the top. But this is just a guess.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2017, 1:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv94117 View Post
Guessing the crown is part of the curtainwall or miscellaneous steel package vs. the structural steel package so it will start when the curtainwall gets closer to the top. But this is just a guess.
The next phases of construction include topping off core walls in November. Topping structural steel will begin in March. Base core and shell work will be completed during Q2 2017, and tenants will begin to take occupancy during Q4 2017.

More info and full article: https://www.bisnow.com/san-francisco...building-66397

Old Posted Jan 8, 2017, 3:32 AM

One has to wonder what the effect of tomorrow's "hellastorm" will have with winds topping 60mph on those cranes. Kind of scary to think about.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2017, 3:41 AM

$20 says this "stormpocolypse" is another media hype machine looking for advertising $$, just like the "Godzilla El Niño" of last winter (which resulted in some of the lowest rainfall in CA). After the election and their severe hit in credibility they are in full panic mode, looking to bring back more consumers. All windows in my house are open and there is a slight patter. This has been in national news sources such as USA Today, CNN, etc. In the last 6 hours we have gone from "worst storm in decades" to "worst storm in 10 years." Tomorrow it will be "worst storm since Dec. 15." Actually, I doubt that. That one was pretty wicked. (For NW California)

I'll believes it when I sees it.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2017, 4:05 AM

Does anyone else feel like Salesforce Tower is constantly mis-represented when non Pelli sources include it in their renderings? The Chase Center website did a terrible job drawing it...

Old Posted Jan 8, 2017, 4:30 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
$20 says this "stormpocolypse" is another media hype machine looking for advertising $$, just like the "Godzilla El Niño" of last winter (which resulted in some of the lowest rainfall in CA). After the election and their severe hit in credibility they are in full panic mode, looking to bring back more consumers. All windows in my house are open and there is a slight patter. This has been in national news sources such as USA Today, CNN, etc. In the last 6 hours we have gone from "worst storm in decades" to "worst storm in 10 years." Tomorrow it will be "worst storm since Dec. 15." Actually, I doubt that. That one was pretty wicked. (For NW California)

I'll believes it when I sees it.
You certainly wouldn't want to have all of your windows (or any of them) open right here, right now! I was looking out at the tower earlier, prior to this squall's arrival. I agree with you as far as seeing if it lives up to the hype since we've gone down that road before.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2017, 5:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
You certainly wouldn't want to have all of your windows (or any of them) open right here, right now! I was looking out at the tower earlier, prior to this squall's arrival. I agree with you as far as seeing if it lives up to the hype since we've gone down that road before.
Well right now I am in one of the places that was supposed to be the heart of the storm (no I'm not in sacramento) and I've seen a bigger deluge in my shower this morning.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2017, 5:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don116 View Post
Does anyone else feel like Salesforce Tower is constantly mis-represented when non Pelli sources include it in their renderings? The Chase Center website did a terrible job drawing it...

Judging from the existing massing of the building (it's huge) this actually looks pretty accurate other than the coloring which will have a more blue hue to it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture