HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 11, 2015, 6:14 AM

A couple of photos from http://denverurbanreview.com/

The view from the 12th floor of 1401 Lawrence:

SkyHouse Denver has reached the 20th floor:

SkyHouse Denver up close:

1144 Fifteenth Street:

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 4:20 AM

Looks like this jem has or will shortly break ground.
315' at 28 stories.

Last edited by comoneymaker; Nov 9, 2015 at 4:22 AM.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2015, 7:22 PM
Mile High City

Wow!

(And yes I haven't posted here in years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by comoneymaker View Post
Looks like this jem has or will shortly break ground.
315' at 28 stories.

And in even bigger news it looks like plans are underway to renovate the Performing Arts Complex. Including construction of 3 new towers on the site. There are currently 3 different plans with the towers one office one res and one hotel ranging in height from 476' to 400'. Although in the renderings some appear to be much taller than that as much as 550'.

Check out the plan here with the renderings at the bottom.

http://artsandvenuesdenver.com/image...2015_final.pdf

Old Posted Nov 8, 2015, 7:37 PM
Unicorn Wizard!

Oh hey this thing. Wasn't there a big blocky building proposed here once? I think it never went past being a massing model rendering with floors color coded by use.

I really like the angled, faceted glass wall. Makes a great statement for such a small building.

Actually what are we looking at here, the glass box doesnt look 315 feet, it looks more like 10 stories/100 something feet. Is the proposal that thing nearby?

Old Posted Nov 8, 2015, 9:02 PM

Yea there was a different rendering a long time ago. I believe it was two taller towers then it got downgraded to that 9 story glass building and took floors of the apartment tower next to it. It is a full block project.

courtesy of denvercityscape.

Project Details: This project is proposed to include 360 apartment units and a 9 story office building linked together by a 6 story parking structure. 20,000 square feet of retail would also be part of the project.

Here is another angle

Old Posted Nov 9, 2015, 4:22 AM

And in even bigger news it looks like plans are underway to renovate the Performing Arts Complex. Including construction of 3 new towers on the site. There are currently 3 different plans with the towers one office one res and one hotel ranging in height from 476' to 400'. Although in the renderings some appear to be much taller than that as much as 550'.

Check out the plan here with the renderings at the bottom.

http://artsandvenuesdenver.com/image...2015_final.pdf

Old Posted Nov 28, 2015, 8:46 PM
Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaorama View Post
Oh hey this thing. Wasn't there a big blocky building proposed here once? I think it never went past being a massing model rendering with floors color coded by use.

I really like the angled, faceted glass wall. Makes a great statement for such a small building.

Actually what are we looking at here, the glass box doesnt look 315 feet, it looks more like 10 stories/100 something feet. Is the proposal that thing nearby?

The glass box is just part of this project. The other part is the 30 story tower in the background

Old Posted Dec 20, 2015, 11:48 PM

With as much going on in metro Denver I'm surprised this one hasn't been updated for awhile..

Old Posted Dec 22, 2015, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Ewing View Post
Nice!

Of the various third tier cities (Atl., Minneapolis, Seattle, Miami, Denver, Dallas, Houston), I think Denver is the best. It blows the doors off if fourth tier cities like Charlotte, Tampa, Indy, etc.
I'm a bit confused, which admittedly doesn't take much lol. I love Denver. It is my top choice city to relocate to. In fact, I have a job interview there coming up after Christmas. I'm willing to even take a pay cut to live there. THAT'S how much I like it. HOWEVER, I'm from Houston. Houston is home and therefore I feel like I need to stand up for my city.

First, what does 3rd tier mean? Houston will soon, probably by 2020, surpass Chicago as 3rd largest in the US. I'm not being sarcastic. I just really don't know what you mean by 3rd tier.

Houston is home to a 1/6th of ALL construction in the US. There are highrises going up on every corner here.

So when you say Denver is the best, I don't disagree with you but when it comes to construction (office, condo towers, ect) Denver can't compete. It's not even close.

Finally, are there height restrictions in the Denver area? I'm surprised that they haven't built anything taller than the three 700 footers (I included Wells Fargo at 698' b/c what's 2 feet amongst friends?). Just curious.

Here's to hoping to make a new life in Denver soon!

Old Posted Dec 22, 2015, 9:51 PM

[QUOTEFinally, are there height restrictions in the Denver area? I'm surprised that they haven't built anything taller than the three 700 footers (I included Wells Fargo at 698' b/c what's 2 feet amongst friends?). Just curious.
][/QUOTE]

Yes there is and that's one reason for a lot of 5-6 floor stick builds, except for a small area in the central core where you can pretty much build as tall as you want there is restrictions all over-thank the NIMBY's for them..

Old Posted Dec 23, 2015, 9:00 PM

Oh btw people usually move here for the climate, if your into weather its fun along Colorado's front range-lots of cool thunder storms in the spring and summer months (miss the thunder storms as Sacramento just gets a few), fast snow storms in winter with an occasional big storm with blizzard conditions plus lots and lots of bright sunshine!

Old Posted Jan 14, 2016, 1:15 AM

Some new eye candy (maybe?) projects recently announced for the DT Denver area:

21st & Welton, 18 Stories, 210'

Ascent Union Station, 14 stories, 160'

RTD Market Street Station, 10 stories, 123'

That's all for now folks......

Old Posted Jan 14, 2016, 4:57 AM
Development Shill

A bit disingenuous

Quote:
First, what does 3rd tier mean? Houston will soon, probably by 2020, surpass Chicago as 3rd largest in the US. I'm not being sarcastic. I just really don't know what you mean by 3rd tier.

Houston is home to a 1/6th of ALL construction in the US. There are highrises going up on every corner here.

So when you say Denver is the best, I don't disagree with you but when it comes to construction (office, condo towers, ect) Denver can't compete. It's not even close.

Finally, are there height restrictions in the Denver area? I'm surprised that they haven't built anything taller than the three 700 footers (I included Wells Fargo at 698' b/c what's 2 feet amongst friends?). Just curious.

Here's to hoping to make a new life in Denver soon!
Claiming that Houston will surpass Chicago as the third biggest city is only true since Houston's "city" includes suburbs and farmland. Houston's city area is 3 times that of Chicago. If Chicago were to have as ludicrously large an area labeled as city it would have around 6 million. Also I'd be very surprised if by 2020 Houston surpassed Chicago. Maybe 2030, but only due to technicalities, Chicago is much more densely populated, and has a vibrant, massive(only second to NYC) and growing downtown.

Houston's downtown also feels dead compared to many other tier three cities(such as Minneapolis, Denver, Seattle, and ATL). Too many parking lots, and no real street level life.

Just my two cents, but I just feel it's really disingenuous when people try to claim that Houston is/will be the "third largest city" in the US. Chicago has more skyscrapers, density and more infrastructure than Houston will ever have.

Sorry, I too have to defend my city

Old Posted Jan 14, 2016, 5:04 AM
Never Dell

If Houston annexes a lot more land maybe it'll be #3 largest municipal government zone by population. It's funny what some people misunderstand. Local chambers are really good at misusing stuff like that, based on most people not thinking critically or understanding these things.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2016, 2:16 PM

I get the enthusiasm for height, density and synergy, but ]only urban geeks define a city by its CBD.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2016, 5:38 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Here are a few updates:

All via DenverInfill

Block 162

Quote:
A new office tower is proposed for 15th Street between Welton and California in central Downtown Denver.

The Patrinely Group, headquartered in Houston, is currently planning a 606,500-square foot, 32-story office tower for across 15th Street from the Hyatt Regency Denver Convention Center Hotel. The project is named Block 162 for the site’s block number on the original plat map of Boyd’s East Denver survey of 1859.

1401 Lawrence

999 17th Street

Le Meridien / AC Hotel

SkyHouse Denver

16th and Wewatta Hotel / Office Complex

1144 Fifteenth Street

1709 Chestnut

Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Jan 15, 2016, 6:57 PM
ColoRADo

^ Awesome. Thanks.

January 2016 Snapshot:

This list only contains projects 100 ft in height or greater within Denver city limits.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2016, 3:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANSIT View Post
^ Awesome. Thanks.

January 2016 Snapshot:

This list only contains projects 100 ft in height or greater within Denver city limits.

Excellent job with this...... a good all-in-one record keeping for the high- and mid-rise projects (over 100 feet) currently within the limits of the City and County of Denver.

Only to maybe make things easier.... if I may (sort of in order).....

a) I think that the Observation Tower is going to be a no-go at Block 162...
b) I think that 14th Street Dual Brand Hotel is the Hyatt Place/House? If so, it could be considered complete?
c) same 15th & California Dual Brand Hotel is Le Meridian/AC
d) full name is Eviva Cherokee
e) are Alexan Arapaho Square and 600 Park Av. the same?
f) 19th & Wawetta is Ascent Union Station, yes?
g) any info/links on 26th & Alcott
h) any info/links on Jefferson View?
i) any info/links on 5050 South Syracuse (DTC)?
j) 1st & Steele is Coda Cherry Creek
k) Speer & Bannock Residential is the Greystar Residential?
l) Kimpton Hotel is now reborn as Hotel Born

Until February?

Old Posted Jan 18, 2016, 9:42 PM

Hanover Speer Blvd

Old Posted Feb 1, 2016, 7:43 AM

One Orchard

Quote:
5 tower masterplan
3 million sf on a 9 acre site
670 residential units, 800 sf of office, 75 sf of retail, 40sf whole foods, 125 sf urban park

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations