HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted May 3, 2016, 6:53 PM

[Surrey] City Centre 2 (Professional Bldg Phase 2) | 12 floors | Completed

Since the other thread is for the first building which is completed, figured I'd create a new thread just for this one. This is building 2 of the "City Center Professional Building" 3 phase project.

I put as "Proposed" right now since it is close to construction but no concrete poured just yet.

Anyway photo render (source):

Live Feed Camera:

http://184.68.143.58:2424/view/viewe...shtml?id=17039

Live Feed Snapshot of current progress as of posting:

Old Posted May 5, 2016, 4:54 AM

Thanks jhausner!

Old Posted May 5, 2016, 3:51 PM

Interesting that the crane is up already when that pit looks like it has a lot of dirt to still be removed. The Prime site looks further excavated than that yet no crane yet.

Old Posted May 5, 2016, 5:37 PM

Didn't realize construction is well underway. That's great to see. Good to have that webcam too!! Great looking project

Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 7:08 PM

Just wanted to bump this guy back up as it is under construction now and almost at ground level...

Today:

Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 7:15 PM

^Thanks for the update.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 8:33 PM

Time to revive a dead thread! The building appears to be 2 floors above grade now, 3rd one under construction.

(Awesome) Live construction camera
http://184.68.143.58:2424/view/viewe...shtml?id=17039

Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 11:48 PM

By Yellow Fever taken March 12:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 11:29 PM

Article from BIV.

Apparently there will be 8 towers!

Giant medical research hub rises in city of Surrey
Eight-tower City Centre project aims to replicate ‘Stanford University type’ of development
https://www.biv.com/article/2017/3/g...s-city-surrey/

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 4:59 AM

Not much of an update since the last one posted, but here it is anyway.

March 19:

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 5:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Article from BIV.

Apparently there will be 8 towers!

Giant medical research hub rises in city of Surrey
Eight-tower City Centre project aims to replicate ‘Stanford University type’ of development
Nice thanks for posting.

Interesting the strong demand for office space from the Tech sector in Surrey, and attracting medical/tech firms.

8 Towers! Is this a typo? Or does Lark Group have plans beyond the initial 3 they are advertising...?

Innovation district is looking very promising nonetheless.

Adding to this cluster of medical/tech/research office towers, the first mixed-use care facility tower in the area should be getting underway later this year.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 5:57 AM

It's a bit like the cluster of buildings near VGH on Broadway - which are probably mostly medical offices.

PS - the 3rd rendering at the article must be the Phase 3 building (we may have seen it before):

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 6:44 PM

I'm surprised you guys are surprised at the eight tower plan by Lark corporation, it's been mentioned in the press since at least last year. What's noteworthy is that we're not just talking eight office towers, but very high quality jobs that go along with that. It's interesting how Surrey Central is evolving into destination for hi-tech medical research as well as academia with SFU's new departments, KPU's new campus, and the planned IBT International Campus. Capitalizing on these developments should be job number one for the City of Surrey and visionary planners should work to model the city centre on the likes of Bellevue WA, and not just another grey municipality in Greater Vancouver.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 6:45 PM

I'm thrilled to see this cluster emerging in downtown Surrey. I think that it and SFU Surrey will constitute the heart of the Surrey CBD. Those are tremendous urban anchors and trip generators conducive to transit, so it is a very positive thing that both are adjacent (or very close by) to SkyTrain stations. I had not appreciated that Lark (and Dayhu) have planned such an extensive medical-office development. Are there plans for, and room to accommodate, further expansion of Surrey Memorial Hospital?

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 7:15 PM

Yeah, I only knew about 3 towers, not the 8.
Good to see the area develop!

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 2:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFUVancouver View Post
I'm thrilled to see this cluster emerging in downtown Surrey. I think that it and SFU Surrey will constitute the heart of the Surrey CBD. Those are tremendous urban anchors and trip generators conducive to transit, so it is a very positive thing that both are adjacent (or very close by) to SkyTrain stations. I had not appreciated that Lark (and Dayhu) have planned such an extensive medical-office development. Are there plans for, and room to accommodate, further expansion of Surrey Memorial Hospital?
I've seen renderings showing a future twin Critical Care tower to the right of the existing one in the picture below. Not sure when this is expected.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 5:27 AM

I really wish they would change the light configurations on 96th from KGB to 140th. Nothing more annoying than sitting at a red light then it turns green. Then yellow by the time you get to the next intersection. Don't make it, another red. While waiting you see the next intersection is green by the time you get to it it's red. Wish it was more streamlined. Then again this is how it's like to drive in Surrey on a daily basis.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 8:51 PM

Second tower expansion from CivicSurrey.com:

No idea on timing I'd assume they'd look at it over the next decade or so. Right now I believe funding priorities are rightly shifted toward the replacement of St Paul's hospital in Vancouver. That said, Surrey Memorial is once again busting at the seams and it is still the busiest emergency department in BC and getting busier every day.

As for the rest of the development can't wait to see where the other 7 towers will be going. Hopefully they will push toward Fraser Highway as there are plans to push Whalley Boulevard through all the way to 96th Avenue. That would also mean Innovation Boulevard and all the towers would then meet up with TheHub @ King George and make everything from SMG to 100th Avenue seem to be 1 large developed area.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausner View Post
As for the rest of the development can't wait to see where the other 7 towers will be going. Hopefully they will push toward Fraser Highway as there are plans to push Whalley Boulevard through all the way to 96th Avenue. That would also mean Innovation Boulevard and all the towers would then meet up with TheHub @ King George and make everything from SMG to 100th Avenue seem to be 1 large developed area.
I would assume that Lark Group's future towers will all be within this area:

Whalley Blvd will be extended down through the current Hydro corridor. 137 Street will also connect Innovation Village directly with The Hub.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper316 View Post
I really wish they would change the light configurations on 96th from KGB to 140th. Nothing more annoying than sitting at a red light then it turns green. Then yellow by the time you get to the next intersection. Don't make it, another red. While waiting you see the next intersection is green by the time you get to it it's red. Wish it was more streamlined. Then again this is how it's like to drive in Surrey on a daily basis.
Surrey actually has the most advanced traffic management centre in Metro Vancouver.

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-n...-shining-light

"Surrey’s traffic innovation has impressed the adjudicating team at the Intelligent Community Forum, a New York-based think-tank encompassing a global network of 145 countries, cities and towns.

Surrey is among seven communities in the running for the title of the world’s most intelligent city; the others are Hsinchu County, Taiwan; Montreal; Muelheim an der Ruhr, Germany; New Taipei City, Taiwan; Whanganui, New Zealand; and Winnipeg."

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley