HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One57 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Oct 23, 2012, 9:22 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
^^ They have their own observation decks in their living rooms.
I said all the tenants

Old Posted Oct 24, 2012, 12:48 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2012, 4:46 PM
don't *meddle*...

New towers rise on the ever changing New York skyline and the admission fee for Top of the Rock is still the same- what more could I wish for?

Old Posted Oct 24, 2012, 6:15 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...EEW37x66tlZyKJ

By MICHAEL GROSS
October 24, 2012

Quote:
In the last few weeks, Extell Development’s Gary Barnett has used club/restaurant owner Michael Hirtenstein as a piñata while hyping One57, Extell’s new condo tower opposite Carnegie Hall. Hirtenstein admits (as Barnett has told reporters) he paid a construction worker $200 to take his iPad to the 47th-floor unit he’d agreed to buy and shoot a 10-second video of its view of Central Park. That’s where the stories diverge.

Barnett says he returned Hirtenstein’s contract and deposit as a matter of principle, deeming him a less than ideal buyer. “He likes to say he rejected me. He’s completely off base,” counters the wiry, handsome Hirtenstein. “I’d asked to go up [to see the unit]. They wouldn’t let me. You want me to spend $16 million without seeing it?”

After the iPad play, Hirtenstein went to his One57 saleswoman to complain that his “unobstructed” view was blocked by the Essex House, but all she cared about was how he got the video. “I said, ‘We gotta talk price,’ ” he continues. Barnett demanded an apology. “My lawyer put them on notice,” says Hirtenstein, who wanted his deposit back. “All I was trying to do was be an informed, intelligent buyer. Apparently, that doesn’t sit well with Mr. Barnett. That’s not nice.” Pow! “It’s not elegant.” Wham!

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2012, 1:21 PM
New Yorker for life

http://observer.com/2012/10/is-one57...nearby-towers/

Is One57 a Bummer Or a Boon for Nearby Condo Towers?

By Kim Velsey 10/24/12

Quote:
It has been, thus far, a year of almost incandescent hopes for the Manhattan luxury market. The $88 million sale at 15 CPW, the $70 million sale at the Ritz Carlton and rising like a beacon to the south, the unfinished One57 tower, with a penthouse in contract for more than $90 million.

Is One57 a rising tide that will lift all boats (yachts?) or an ultra-luxury development that most other buildings breaking the skyline can’t compete with in finishes or prices? Or even worse: a view-blocker, shadow-caster and general reminder that places like the Time Warner Center and the Trump International are not as new as they once were?

CitySpire residents, for one, seem to believe that One57′s existence gives them carte blanche to ask unheard of prices, not only for the market, but for the building. From the $100 million triplex that was purchased for just $4.5 million in the early 1990s as raw space to the $9 million three-bedroom that came on the market yesterday—a condo that if sold at the asking price would more than triple the highest price ever paid for a finished unit in the building. It would also command $1,000 a square foot more than anything else at CitySpire ever has.

“It’s the new normal! I know that these apartments will go very very high,” declared Marie Bianco, the Prudential Douglas Elliman broker with the $9 million listing (she also has a number of other less expensive listing in the building). “This is priced right, you can’t find them anywhere. The thing is, One57 just popped up and it’s in the same vicinity, so why shouldn’t it get these prices?”

One57 didn’t block CitySpire’s view, she reasoned, in fact, the two buildings basically shared a view. And while the building itself was older and in need of some “patching up,” the apartment itself had been “perfectly renovated.” In fact, she estimated that the average price per square foot had leapt from around $2,100 to somewhere between $3,000 and $3,500—though the building has yet to see a sale that would bolster such a reality.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 1:03 AM
New Yorker for life

The impact will be complete when they finish the crown.

Anne_G_Ivy

Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 7:09 PM
Ex Houstonian

I was just watching the new doctor who series and saw this, its from a while ago but still cool to randomly see while watching the show.

http://doctorwho.tumblr.com/post/209...click-here-for

Old Posted Oct 27, 2012, 12:46 AM
International

My, this thing has grown! Can't wait to check it out the next time I am in NYC, which hopefully isn't too far into the future.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2012, 1:44 AM
An Optimistic Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
The impact will be complete when they finish the crown.

Anne_G_Ivy

Imagine this view in 10-15 years. The skyline will be back to its former greatness a hundred years earlier.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2012, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck From NY View Post
Manhattan Schist?
Schist happens.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2012, 4:46 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Oct 28, 2012, 6:46 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Oct 28, 2012, 7:44 PM

The facade on this building is literally breath taking, I went into the park the other day and it was simply an impeccable view

Old Posted Oct 28, 2012, 9:17 PM
Mr. Technology

This tower is advantageous to the public (great views), advantageous to the developers (sky-high rates) and advantageous to the city (increased tax revenue).

Old Posted Oct 29, 2012, 2:06 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish View Post
This tower is advantageous to the public (great views), advantageous to the developers (sky-high rates) and advantageous to the city (increased tax revenue).
It's the gift that keeps on giving....

BooRad0859

macPSU

wakkawak

Old Posted Oct 29, 2012, 3:02 AM
Ex Houstonian

I just cant believe how absolutely freaking huge ESB is in that above view. It dominates. Its time something overtook it in that area.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2012, 3:22 AM
An Optimistic Realist

Agreed, and it's going to be more than one tower. Without the great crown, One57 is practically at the same level as the ESB at the moment.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2012, 2:54 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Oct 29, 2012, 3:37 PM
Mr. Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
From the street level, all you need to do is look up at this tower and you will always know which direction you are facing and which direction Central Park is located in relation to the direction you are facing.

The crown serves as a compass to the pedestrian on the street.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2012, 6:38 PM

Guys....the crane on this baby just broke. Had a relative call and tell me they saw it and then piers Morgan just put a picture on twitter
http://twitter.com/PiersTonight/stat...548224/photo/1

Last edited by Dylan Leblanc; Oct 29, 2012 at 8:21 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive