HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted May 11, 2011, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
We have a thread for this: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=190081

If we get some "Toronto Style" downtown condos, that would change everything!
lol ya thanks!!

Seriously though I do wondering what he is thinking now that the Renaissance towers have been more successful than most people thought originally. Maybe Fahri will get off his butt and actually do something like that now that he knows there is a market?

Old Posted May 11, 2011, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldoto View Post
The developer is now looking at sites for yet another tower in the downtown.

Tricar has pre-sold 30 condominiums in its new, 188-unit building

Old Posted May 12, 2011, 2:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new age View Post
As much as the talk of looking for a new site sounds good, the pre sales numbers are not good at all. The fact they even started construction with less then 20% sales is not in the norm.
Incorrect

They intentionally started construction with 0% sales. They are doing this with a faith in the market. They don't require future unit owners' money to finance the project: Tricar and their financiers are putting up their own money because they are confident that they will recoup the investment. If the financiers who are putting up the money didn't believe in the business plan, there would be no project. Not all condo projects require future owners to finance the development's own construction - only developments where no one is willing to risk their money in what they feel is an uncertain market require future owners to finance the project's construction (i.e. City Centre in Kitchener).

If they have sold 20% by volume and at least 30% by value in roughly 8 months - mostly without much publicity, and have another 18 or 20 months before owners take possession, I'd say that they are doing fine.

Besides, why the hell would they publicly announce that they were on a property hunt for future developments if this development was going badly in their view?

This is a huge vote of confidence in the downtown London market.

Old Posted May 12, 2011, 9:25 AM

I did say not the norm. It is a good sign that Tricar has the money, and would put it behind the project. It is all so a good sign for future condo developments that the high end ones went first. This should translate into buildings of higher quality.

On the bad side you are optimistically predicting 2+ years to sell out, and until then I don't think you will see them or maybe even any one else break ground on anything major.

I hope its not true, but this is a test project and many are waiting to see the outcome.

Old Posted May 12, 2011, 9:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snark View Post
Besides, why the hell would they publicly announce that they were on a property hunt for future developments if this development was going badly in their view?
What better way to spark interest in the building you are already building, and its all for FREE!

Old Posted May 20, 2011, 10:23 PM
Wannabe Urbanite

I wonder if the green roof, with trees and all, will come to fruition?

http://urbanitydesign.wordpress.com/...n/renaissance/

Old Posted May 21, 2011, 1:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpseatles View Post

How about they build a 35 story tower in the middle with a different design?

Old Posted May 25, 2011, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTallNorth2 View Post
How about they build a 35 story tower in the middle with a different design?
Considering the London Market and the availability of space for construction, not to mention a proximity most London renters and owners would find uncomfortable I think the developers statement about finding another site for a new build will probably be much more likely. But I'm totally with you on the 35 stories.

Old Posted May 25, 2011, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpseatles View Post

When I went by yesterday, I noticed the half of the middle part already completed has trees on it, as well as a few pavilions. So the green roof already exists. I don't know if it will ever look quite this nice though.

Old Posted May 25, 2011, 11:47 PM
Wannabe Urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokkei Mizu View Post
When I went by yesterday, I noticed the half of the middle part already completed has trees on it, as well as a few pavilions. So the green roof already exists. I don't know if it will ever look quite this nice though.
Cool! This will make it London's first green roof sorta thing, right?

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 10:31 PM
Wannabe Urbanite

A couple updates from today, by me:

http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n596/Simpseatles/

Old Posted Aug 14, 2011, 3:17 AM
Bruatalism gets no respec

Great development. I thought it would have more glass, but this is a skyline changer for sure. btw London already has more glass than Hamilton.

anyway to get a bit higher rez of this. I can work from this but higher rez would help.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2011, 4:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcity View Post
Great development. I thought it would have more glass, but this is a skyline changer for sure. btw London already has more glass than Hamilton.

anyway to get a bit higher rez of this. I can work from this but higher rez would help.
When's the last time Hamilton had a new high rise building constructed in its core? It's been a looong time I think, 25 - 30 years?

Old Posted Aug 14, 2011, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcity View Post

that is the only one i have seen on the net sorry. Does london really have more glass then hamilton? I never really looked hmmmm.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2011, 11:18 PM
Wannabe Urbanite

Old Posted Aug 15, 2011, 1:33 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Looks like tower 2 will end up being shorter.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Aug 16, 2011, 1:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Looks like tower 2 will end up being shorter.
Well, the 28th floor is sold, so I don't think it any shorter. The tower is smaller though. There are other differences as well.

Last edited by Snark; Oct 12, 2011 at 1:28 AM.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2011, 3:22 PM

Interesting I always thought these were exact copies...I actually like the idea that they will not be exactly the same.

MolsonExport why do you think tower 2 will be shorter? If anything they should make it 30 floors since it's going to be much narrower looking at the render Snark posted.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2011, 9:04 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Just from the rendering (viewed from the south):

But evidently, this is not the Renaissance. So my brain farted.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Aug 18, 2011, 12:39 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Every residential development salesboard has the couple with the pearly-white smiles. Almost always, the female is hanging off (strangling?) the male. Often, there is bare feet. Almost as bad as those targeting the senior citizen.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates