HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 1:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
Half of the Toronto experience is the suburbs of Toronto, there's more to life than just the uber-urban experience and people in the old city, the inner suburbs and outer suburbs are all on average quite different from each other and have very different social vibes. I go back and forth between the downtown life, the inner suburban attractions and the outer suburban socializing...this is definitely a city with many layers and what appears on the outside masks a great deal of invisible depth. Took me years to figure it out.
It seems to me that this happens in pretty much every city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
No one "woots" after living in Toronto. Why?
The people who woot about living in Toronto are busy enjoying the city, not posting about it on the internet.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 4:35 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister F View Post
It seems to me that this happens in pretty much every city.

The people who woot about living in Toronto are busy enjoying the city, not posting about it on the internet.
Population half or interesting stuff actually happening half.

I spent some time in mississauga, enjoyed some of the cultural elements, however being there was dreadful.

But for woots I do love toronto, my biggest issue with it, is more environmental issues relating to my autism.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Yeah well that's part of what I was referring to when I said I value my age.

I'm 28, and own almost nothing, I own three pairs of pants, no bed(I sleep on a floor), not even a laptop, my most prised possession is a globe.

Granted even if I had a million bucks, I'd probably still sleep on the floor(granted in a very expensive condo).

Nesting is something that personally freaks me the hell out.

I'd much prefer to have a sex pit to sleep in, otherwise I despise being at home.
Nah..Things will change with age, you'll see..I used to fight my way to stay away from my home..Now I fight to get home..

Creature comforts prevail, and where I used to drop my cash to keep up on the latest styles , beer money, chasing skirt etc. changed to gadgets,dinners out (or in), comfortable clothes, and nicer furniture..

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Population half or interesting stuff actually happening half.

I spent some time in mississauga, enjoyed some of the cultural elements, however being there was dreadful.

But for woots I do love toronto, my biggest issue with it, is more environmental issues relating to my autism.
Every city, of a certain size, has a Mississauga. Basically Mississaugas happen when there are enough people who are willing to trade urban qualities for space and domestic comfort, or who can't afford to pay for urban qualities given their need for certain space and domestic comfort requirements.

It's only odious and apparent to you because it's big. And it's big because Toronto is big.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 9:39 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Nah..Things will change with age, you'll see..I used to fight my way to stay away from my home..Now I fight to get home..

Creature comforts prevail, and where I used to drop my cash to keep up on the latest styles , beer money, chasing skirt etc. changed to gadgets,dinners out (or in), comfortable clothes, and nicer furniture..
Meh I think you have to keep in mind that I'm on the autistic spectrum. Alot of stuff that regular people fancy(like clothes nice rooms whatever) are totally unimportant to me.

The only thing I could think of wanting is a place for me and my girlfriend to make music.

Which is a bit more complicated than simple comfort.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2015, 2:30 AM
The Vomit Bag.

what the hell is a sex pit?

Old Posted Jul 11, 2015, 4:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
I would imagine it's just like a fighting pit, except that instead of watching the "competitors" (whether human or animal) fight, the spectators watch them have sex...?

(Kidding. It made no sense to me as well, but unlike you, I could shrug it off as ESL-related, which I did... your reaction shows that I was mistaken, though.)

Old Posted Jul 11, 2015, 5:43 AM
sick transit, gloria

Somehow I feel it's very much intentional and not a typo. So yeah...

Old Posted Jul 11, 2015, 12:21 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Well the only value having my own place is for sex,sleeping, hygeine. OTherwise I'd rather not be at home.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2015, 12:47 PM
The Vomit Bag.

I don't know if you have heard, but there is this really comfortable platform that is both firm and yielding, and provides warmth and comfort. It is called a bed.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2015, 12:50 PM
BANNED

Quote:
I don't know if you have heard, but there is this really comfortable platform that is both firm and yielding, and provides warmth and comfort. It is called a bed.

Yeah but that type of thing wastes valuble momentum.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada