HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jan 15, 2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrhardt View Post
There is quite a bit of activity going on at the new Costco site. A lot of excavation has already been done. Does anyone know what the proposed opening date is?
In the fall for sure. I think I remember someone mentioning a November opening date but not sure how reliable that is.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2018, 1:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
In the fall for sure. I think I remember someone mentioning a November opening date but not sure how reliable that is.
I believe late September or early October but probably October.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2018, 8:37 PM

The old Tommy Hilfiger is all boarded up, and there is work going on but not sure what its going to be. No signs on the outside to say what it will be, or when it will be open.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2018, 9:46 PM

Celebrate Is Now Closed For The Season (Moncton Location)

A Special Message To Moncton From "Celebrate"....

"Thank you Moncton!

After receiving overwhelming support from our Saint John customers, we decided to open a holiday pop-up shop in Moncton - and we were not disappointed! The shop is now closed for the season, but we hope to be back next year! Thank you for welcoming us into the community!"

Official Post On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/celebratedi...type=3&theater

So Their Moncton Location Really Was A Pop-Up Holiday Location.

Anyways, I Hope You Guys Visit Their Store Here In Saint John!!!
(They're Located At Eastpoint Shopping Next To FYI Doctors & Across From The GAP At 11 Fashion Drive)

It's Such An Awesome Store To Shop At!!!!
I Love It So Much & I Hope You Do Too!!!

Thier Official Website: http://celebratedeals.com/

Last edited by DyAm00394; Jan 16, 2018 at 10:10 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:45 AM

Now that we all now the future for Costco, thoughts have moved to what might become of the old Costco location. Here is an interesting read on the IKEA small scale stores expanding. Would Ikea be interested in the old Costco once they move???

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...showroom-mazes

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:50 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micks5477 View Post
Now that we all now the future for Costco, thoughts have moved to what might become of the old Costco location. Here is an interesting read on the IKEA small scale stores expanding. Would Ikea be interested in the old Costco once they move???

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...showroom-mazes
I think a smaller sized "pick-up & order point" IKEA is entirely plausible in the Moncton market. I think IKEA has committed to at least double their footprint in Canada by 2025. Some of these new stores will be of the smaller format variety. Most of these will be located in exurban areas around the big three Canadian metropoli, but there could be room for such stores in mid sized smaller Canadian markets as well.

Do I really think a pick-up & order point IKEA is on tap for Moncton? Not really, but it isn't beyond the realm of possibility. IKEA might be interested in establishing a presence in NB, and if so, Moncton would be the likely choice. Knowing Costco is moving, it would behoove CREIT (and perhaps Moncton city staffers) to approach IKEA to see what their intentions are, and to let them know about potential opportunities in the greater Moncton area.

The old Costco store will eventually be torn down. It will be replaced by a new retail plaza, probably consisting of 3-4 smaller sized big box stores. IKEA could occupy one of these retail units. The chances of an IKEA are slim, but only time will tell..........

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces