HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Aug 5, 2013, 9:30 PM
I am a typical

We love stories about infidelity!

Old Posted Aug 5, 2013, 9:58 PM

Oh good!

Well, I officially know that my mother is cheating on my dad. I found texts on her phone of an explicit conversation that I don't think I'll ever get out of my head now. And I'm sure my sister already knows, she works with my mom in my family business and she actually hinted at it when they were having an argument (she's done a lot of fucked up shit with married men as well). Basically my whole family LOVES to lie and keep secrets, I cant even begin to tell you the shit I've found out in the last 2 years alone.

The thing is I'm sure my dad is cheating as well, he's ALWAYS out of the house, I'd be a fool to not think he's fooling around with somebody. I'm not sure I can really blame my mom either, my father is VERY apathetic and never really cares to be involved in any aspect of my life and he's neglected my mother as long as I can remember. My mom has always done everything for me in my life and she's always been there for me but I don't know if I can keep a secret like this.

I don't know what the hell to do, I'm 19 and plan on going to college next year but now I really want to get out of the house before all this shit explodes, god I wish I could just run away across the world. I'm so sick of being negatively affected by other peoples choices, I feel like everything is falling apart and I'm losing my sanity/will to live. Just goes to show you having money doesn't mean SHIT and it really doesn't make you happy at all.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2013, 10:04 PM

Oh and to top it all off I'm incredibly insecure, In the closet and in love with a man who lives across the country that doesn't know I exist.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2013, 10:24 PM
I am a typical

It's harder when the men you love across the country do know you exist.

When I was 10 I caught my dad cheating on my mom, so I called her at her sisters and told her to come over. She arrived while he was still sleeping and kicked him out of the house, and that was the end of that. They were never married though.

My dad has moved on to woman number 4, been with her for a few years now. I have never met her or her son.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2013, 10:24 PM
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthq View Post
Lulz when did J Will get banned? ..That guy seemed to have it out for me back in the day.
I didn't even know he was banned! This wouldn't have escaped me back in the days I was posting up to 20 posts a day here.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2013, 10:30 PM
Bah!

My folks will be married for 56 years in September.....hopefully they are past this infidelity thing.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2013, 11:26 PM
I am a typical

My grandpa is 87 and still sleeps around inasmuch as his age allows him to.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 1:28 AM
Always A Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
Oh and to top it all off I'm incredibly insecure, In the closet and in love with a man who lives across the country that doesn't know I exist.
Being 19 sucks. It was one of the worst years of my life, when I first drank hard liquor - I started with Smirnoff vodka and quickly progressed to Wild Turkey 101.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 1:33 AM
Bah!

19 sucked for me but 15 was way worse.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 1:36 AM
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
My grandpa is 87 and still sleeps around inasmuch as his age allows him to.
I'll venture to guess that my parents never had sex with anybody but each other.......or in the daytime.....or in any room other than the bedroom......or even while being completely undressed.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 1:45 AM

nm

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 2:50 AM
E pluribus unum

My mom once asked me if the pants she was wearing gave her camel toe...

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 2:52 AM
E pluribus unum

Also, I think J.Will was banned for using Glowrock's last name in a post and then going off the deep end with insults (more so than usual).

And I'm almost certain that currently suspended InSaeculaSaeculorum ("this messageboard is dominated by republican convservatives") is a reincarnation of banned forumer Echo Park/TMNT Mask. Very similar M.O.'s, same city, similar sense of self righteousness...

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 8:24 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
I don't know what the hell to do
I'm sure some may disagree, but unless they are flaunting it in your face, and/or explicitly asking your to keep their secrets, I don't see the need for you to tell the other exactly what the other is doing (or what you think the other is doing) unless you're directly asked by one of them. Barring them coming to you, or one of them being totally in the dark as to what's going on, I don't see it as your place to "get" the other one in trouble, especially if you have secrets of your own you are not willing to share in the context of the family. I also would assume that each of them already knows or has a good guess as to the fidelity status of the other. Since this is really affecting you, I'd go to each of them seperately, and tell them very clearly that you know what's going on, and what it's doing to you and what you think it's doing to the family.

I wish you luck, buddy. The family issues you're dealing with are hard, no doubt.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 1:51 PM
Old Fart Forumer

@ The North One - It's a tough time for you, and as LMich mentioned, your parents are going to have to work this out between themselves. My story isn't dissimilar to yours. When I started Junior High (7th grade) a 9th grader approached me and asked me my name. I told him and he asked if my Dad had the same name, answer was yes. He grabbed my shirt, lifted me off the floor and told me to tell my Dad to stay away from his Mother. I had no idea who he or his Mother were. I didn't know what to do.
My Dad was a great guy. He was my Little League coach, went to school functions, always took us on fun vacations, etc. He usually had 2 jobs, and though we certainly weren't rich, we never wanted for food or clothing. He was loved by all, a good time Charlie. But he did like the ladies.
I eventually told my Mother what had happened. She must have know that he wandered with others, but she was a strict Catholic and kept trying to keep the marriage together. A couple of years later they divorced. I think the straw that broke the Camel's back was my encounter at school. Strange, but they remained very close through his remaining years.
Sorry for the long winded story, but I survived, I'm sure you will to. Take from this what you will. You've got a long way to go in life, please don't give up because of this. btw, I've never told anyone all of this before, so this kind of let me get something off my chest as well.

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 2:52 PM
E pluribus unum

Obama's speaking at my high school tonight...

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 10:46 PM
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Ithacan View Post
........Sorry for the long winded story,.....
Awwww, that's what we're here for.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 10:54 PM
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 View Post
Obama's speaking at my high school tonight...
Are you going?

Old Posted Aug 7, 2013, 4:33 AM
E pluribus unum

Actually it was in the afternoon and I didn't go because it's a two and a half hour drive from Flagstaff to my high school in Phoenix.

Besides, I've already seen Obama speak once when he was still trailing Hillary for the Democratic presidential nomination in early 2008.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2013, 5:04 AM
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyi View Post
I'll venture to guess that my parents never had sex with anybody but each other.......or in the daytime.....or in any room other than the bedroom......or even while being completely undressed.
samesies

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest