HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahealy View Post
Whoa there horsey!
Yeah, I need to take 10 minutes before I post.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 4:53 AM

Is that walkway going to have tolls? And will it be an electronic toll booth? Because I just can't get enough of paying tolls to get around this town.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 4:58 AM

At last. No more rumors of ASH closing.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 7:40 AM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonashbrook View Post
Key quote:

Quote:
A report about the master plan will be due to the Legislature early next year. Although there had been talks among state officials about moving it elsewhere in the city, the hospital is expected to stay at its current location, which is accessible via public transportation to patients and their families, according to mental health providers.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
Good to know, thanks for the info. What about the stuff facing Lamar? I'm not proposing kicking out the non-wealthy or locally owned shops by any means, but I'm wondering with all of the development what is game and what isnt.
The stuff facing Lamar includes South Austin Music and the Saxon Pub, which Gary Keller recently purchased with the express intent of saving it, so I don't see them going away anytime soon.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 1:25 PM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
The stuff facing Lamar includes South Austin Music and the Saxon Pub, which Gary Keller recently purchased with the express intent of saving it, so I don't see them going away anytime soon.
Thanks for the response! I also appreciate the education on those plots. I didn't know any of what you shared about these lots or the apartments behind it all, so thanks for that!

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv View Post
Key quote:
None of the articles that I've seen so far indicate whether the old historical building will be saved/restored or if there'll a complete new build. Regardless, it doesn't sound like the old building is in good shape at all at this point.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 7:09 PM

New mixed-use site plan went in today for the Crossfit gym on E. 3rd.

Not much to go on here beyond the usages of retail and residential, but I remember looking into this site a few months ago because they were doing some pre-development consultations -- the whole site's covered by CVC #15, so nothing tall. I think it's a Transwestern project, if I recall correctly.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Tower View Post
[URL="https://abc.austintexas.gov/web/permit/public-search-other?t_detail=1&t_selected_folderrsn=11850717&t_selected_propertyrsn=879296"]

the whole site's covered by CVC #15, so nothing tall..
perhaps buried parking then??

Old Posted Jan 16, 2018, 4:56 PM
Love Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Tower View Post
New mixed-use site plan went in today for the Crossfit gym on E. 3rd.

Not much to go on here beyond the usages of retail and residential, but I remember looking into this site a few months ago because they were doing some pre-development consultations -- the whole site's covered by CVC #15, so nothing tall. I think it's a Transwestern project, if I recall correctly.
Sure hope it's Transwestern. What they've done between Comal and Chicon on e. 6th is amazing! Walked around the Indy yesterday and adore the fact that all sides of the building have live/work units accessible from the street. They are good with retail mix as well and look to position their projects for long-term viability. This lot in question is next to the LA Bikeway and needs lots of love--hope it happens soon!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 6:42 AM

Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
Thanks for sharing. I live in the townhomes that surround this property, and it's been exciting to see it go up...shame it won't have any retail. But cool to see a different perspective than the usual 6-feet-from-the-ground.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 3:44 PM

Is that empty piece of land between the Crestview Commons and the Tylers outlet simply the construction staging area or is that lot gonna be turned into something too?

Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaven View Post
Is that empty piece of land between the Crestview Commons and the Tylers outlet simply the construction staging area or is that lot gonna be turned into something too?
Right now it's staging, but Trammell Crow has plans to add more multi-family to that lot sometime after this project is done.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaven View Post
At one point the developer had been open to the idea of mixed use on that lot. The (now dormant) neighborhood assoc had asked about it. No idea if it will include retail now but more multi family is def coming

It's also worth noting that Tyler's owns the lot behind their outlet building. Some redevelopment seems inevitable there

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsnail View Post
At one point the developer had been open to the idea of mixed use on that lot. The (now dormant) neighborhood assoc had asked about it. No idea if it will include retail now but more multi family is def coming

It's also worth noting that Tyler's owns the lot behind their outlet building. Some redevelopment seems inevitable there
I wouldn't get super excited about that lot behind Tyler's. I asked them multiple times what their plans were for it (I can see it out of my window, so I was genuinely curious/excited), and they never really gave me an answer about doing anything. They also just replaced the roof on the warehouse structure, so it doesn't seem like demolition is on their short list.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 10:06 PM

There was some discussion a while back about a new HEB at S. Congress/Slaughter/I-35 and how bad the traffic is there already. The project seemed to fade away over the last year or so. But a new site plan was filed today.

https://abc.austintexas.gov/web/perm...rtyrsn=5111531

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
There was some discussion a while back about a new HEB at S. Congress/Slaughter/I-35 and how bad the traffic is there already. The project seemed to fade away over the last year or so. But a new site plan was filed today.

but what about the one at Congress and Oltorf?!

Old Posted Jan 19, 2018, 12:15 AM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
There are supposedly plans slowly in the works to redevelop that one.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2018, 1:56 AM
7th Gen Central Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post

Finally!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin