HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > London Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Jan 5, 2010, 1:44 AM

Mayoral election 2010

Today was the first day nominations were open for London's 2010 Mayoralty race. Anne-Marie has filed her nomination papers, as has Cynthia Ethridge, who ran for Mayor in 2006 and got 2500 votes.

Ivan Kasiurak intends to run for Mayor once again, but will file his nomination forms in June. I think he has run in every election since 1988.

According to 'A' News, other possible candidates who have yet to announce whether they will run or not include: Bud Polhill, Jim Chapman, Ted Wernham, and Gina Barber.

Who do you all want to be the Mayor?

Old Posted Jan 5, 2010, 4:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
Today was the first day nominations were open for London's 2010 Mayoralty race. Anne-Marie has filed her nomination papers, as has Cynthia Ethridge, who ran for Mayor in 2006 and got 2500 votes.

Ivan Kasiurak intends to run for Mayor once again, but will file his nomination forms in June. I think he has run in every election since 1988.

According to 'A' News, other possible candidates who have yet to announce whether they will run or not include: Bud Polhill, Jim Chapman, Ted Wernham, and Gina Barber.

Who do you all want to be the Mayor?
Gina Barber would be my choice.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2010, 2:02 PM
The Vomit Bag.

I hope that there is a real race this time. Sorry AM, but it is time for a fresh perspective. Not trying to be snark(y), but I really find our city is drifting.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2010, 5:45 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Mayor's race replay?
LONDON POLITICS: Joe Fontana, the losing candidate in 2006, blasts Mayor Anne-Marie DeCicco-Best for her job-creation record

In a possible preview of London's mayoral race this fall, an old foe ripped the job-creation record of Anne Marie DeCicco-Best after her state of the city address Wednesday at the convention centre.

Former federal Liberal heavyweight Joe Fontana said he's not ruling out another run for mayor and let loose on DeCicco-Best for not doing enough to help London recover from a brutal recession and high unemployment.

"Our record has been abysmal over the last five years and specifically over the past year," Fontana said, stressing he was speaking as a businessperson. "A CEO in any company with a record like this . . . would have been fired. That's the reality."
http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2...-12536621.html

Old Posted Jan 21, 2010, 9:05 PM

Go Joe. Finnaly somone publicly rippes on the mayor hoppfuly he'll run again

Old Posted Jan 22, 2010, 2:23 AM
The Vomit Bag.

londonfreepress

Old Posted Jan 22, 2010, 1:10 PM

the words I am so high come to mind LOL

Old Posted Jan 23, 2010, 4:32 AM
Londoner

I will Not vote for Mayor Anne-Marie DeCicco-Best !!!!!!!!!!!

Old Posted Jan 24, 2010, 6:44 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Nor will I.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2010, 10:29 PM

I cant

Old Posted Jan 24, 2010, 10:49 PM

I voted for Mr. Fontana in the last election. If he runs again, I will likely vote for him again.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2010, 4:19 PM
The Vomit Bag.

What effect will Tim Best's DUI have on AMdeC-B's chances?

Quote:
Tim Best in court

By JANE SIMS, The London Free Press

Last Updated: 25th January 2010, 11:14am

The mayor's husband is in court this morning for a preliminary hearing into dangerous-driving and impaired-driving charges from a year ago.

Tim Best, 48, husband of London Mayor Anne Marie DeCicco-Best, faces six charges stemming from Jan. 31, 2009.

The OPP arrested a man after a car was struck by an SUV on Hwy. 401 near Putnam Road and another in Dorchester.

Witnesses told police the driver fled the scenes of both crashes

read more here:http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2.../12603441.html
That guy fvck'd up real bad.

Old Posted May 7, 2010, 10:46 PM

Joe Fontana has announced he's running again. As of 6:46 PM tonight, a poll on lfpress.com shows that 50% of respondents would vote for Fontana, 20% for Anne-Marie, and 30% for someone else, if an election were held today.

I recall Anne-Marie had a lot more support at this time in 2006.

Old Posted May 9, 2010, 7:26 PM

I've never been a huge fan of Joe Fontana, but I will vote for him in a heartbeat over Anne Marie. At the very least, having him run will mean there can be debate over the future of London. May the best Italian Catholic win!

Old Posted May 10, 2010, 2:46 AM
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTallNorth2 View Post
I've never been a huge fan of Joe Fontana, but I will vote for him in a heartbeat over Anne Marie. At the very least, having him run will mean there can be debate over the future of London. May the best Italian Catholic win!
lol

Seriously though, what will Joe do differently as mayor?

I tend to see the mayor as a puppet figure rather than a position of power.

Old Posted May 10, 2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
lol

Seriously though, what will Joe do differently as mayor?

I tend to see the mayor as a puppet figure rather than a position of power.
In his last campaign, he saw the need to work with the rail companies and higher governments to relocate rail lines outside the city. He advocated using the lines for light rail transit. If that's the only difference between him and Anne Marie, it's good enough for me. He is observing things, where Anne Marie is simply ignorant. She doesn't have a clue.

Old Posted May 10, 2010, 1:36 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Anything that has even the remotest possibility of getting rid of that shitty patio on Richmond (Friday Light Tights, or whatever). I know that I am going to vote, and it will not be for the incumbent.

Old Posted May 11, 2010, 4:26 AM

I voted for Fontana last time not because I like him but because I really can't stand Anne Marie. Now I live in Windsor so it's irrelevant to me but I'm hoping A-M does not get back in!

Old Posted May 11, 2010, 5:34 PM

Ivan Kasuriak had a letter to the editor in the London Free Press today, saying he doesn't run for mayor for fun and that he's a viable contender.

Yeah, right.

I'd actually consider voting for Chris Forester. I've known him for about 10 years and he's a good guy, don't know much about his platform yet though.

P.S. I spotted Anne-Marie and Tim Best at the Cinco de Mayo Mexican Festival on Sunday. Tim was promoting his own Cinco de Mayo specials at Friday Knight Lights to some people there.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > London Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy