HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
All of these are apartment towers except for the second one, which was a boutique hotel near Pike Place Market. The new tower on that site will be a mix of hotel and residences (not sure if apartments or condos). Most of the towers going up are apartments, which have mostly been fueled by the ever increasing Amazon campus.
Nice projects. Thanks for sharing.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:26 AM
A.K.A. Vigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
LOL. Why is the word "luxury" thrown around so casually?
I don’t know if it should really be considered “getting things done” if it’s just going to need to be torn down in 20 years.

1500 for a 1 bedroom apartment? Eff that. How many people can afford $1500 a month for a one bedroom apartment? No wonder nobody lives downtown. I’m actually heavily thinking about moving out of downtown. It’s way too expensive, The rates are going up way too fast, and there just isn’t a lot downtown that makes it worth it... I don’t even like seeing movies downtown anymore. Now that Century 16 is being renovated, Megaplex 12 is officially the most ghetto first run theater in salt lake valley.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:58 AM

Not to change topic but. While driving by the old Royal Garden Inn on 600 South today I noticed they have started to demolish it. Not sure if that is to gear up for the apartment complex that was announced few weeks ago. But it’s coming down.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
I don’t know if it should really be considered “getting things done” if it’s just going to need to be torn down in 20 years.

1500 for a 1 bedroom apartment? Eff that. How many people can afford $1500 a month for a one bedroom apartment? No wonder nobody lives downtown. I’m actually heavily thinking about moving out of downtown. It’s way too expensive, The rates are going up way too fast, and there just isn’t a lot downtown that makes it worth it... I don’t even like seeing movies downtown anymore. Now that Century 16 is being renovated, Megaplex 12 is officially the most ghetto first run theater in salt lake valley.
Average monthly rent for 1 bedroom is close to 1100, so quite a few people can afford it actually. If you take out some of the seedier neighborhoods pulling down the averages, the main part of SLC is probably closer to 1200-1300 average.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:29 AM

Quote:

Um what? Are you talking about the proposed 20-story tower right now? Who's going to tear down a 20-story apartment tower in 20 years?

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch Wasteland View Post
Average monthly rent for 1 bedroom is close to 1100, so quite a few people can afford it actually. If you take out some of the seedier neighborhoods pulling down the averages, the main part of SLC is probably closer to 1200-1300 average.
Yeah, when you consider the boom in six figure earners in the valley that average is still low and far less than almost any other major city. There's definitely an influx of high earners coming in and driving up prices but I feel like the city's pre-tech lower average income is keeping supply/demand in check. Thus hopefully we won't see these $3k-5k/mo downtown apartments like Seattle or SF.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:41 PM

Quote:

Maybe you should. I can't imagine living somewhere I hated to live. Personally I lived in the heart of SLC for a decade and loved it(granted rents were way cheaper). If it weren't for the housing crisis opening up an opportunity I probably still would.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Wellsian View Post
Maybe you should. I can't imagine living somewhere I hated to live. Personally I lived in the heart of SLC for a decade and loved it(granted rents were way cheaper). If it weren't for the housing crisis opening up an opportunity I probably still would.
Seriously. I can’t remember a comment of his where he wasn’t complaining about something! Sorry for getting onto you months ago trying to defend him. I didn’t realize how negative he was towards everything.

Those rents really aren’t bad. My wife and I were looking at apartments in Downtown Denver (maybe relocating there) and we went to that new confluence tower they just built, and it’s not even in the central business district and they wanted over 4000$ for a two bedroom.

Here in Seattle it isn’t much worse. I would kill for a two bedroom apartment downtown for 1500$-2000$

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:51 PM
One Thing At A Time

I'm super excited to see another downtown residential tower! Every year downtown gets more and more vibrant. The streets, even in the winter months, have more and more foot traffic. More bodies living in downtown proper is just going to add to that vibrancy. Is the building an iconic work of art? No, but we don't need all of our buildings to be architecture wet dreams. We need them to exist! I walked by the Carl's Jr. today and imagining even a mediocre building there instead of it made me all kinds of excited. Hope these projects come to life!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West