HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs

Old Posted Aug 31, 2021, 4:07 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveHalifax View Post
It's a CHOICE HOTEL for fuck sake - when did they ever offer anything of quality?

They are cheap and usually made of cheap parts - shortly lots of things will not work or there will be low water pressure or???
If they were going to build a cheap hotel, you would think they would have the common decency to at least make it inconspicuous!

Old Posted Aug 31, 2021, 5:37 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveHalifax View Post
It's a CHOICE HOTEL for fuck sake - when did they ever offer anything of quality?
Yep. Complaining that this is bad is like complaining that a Motel 6 on a highway is bad. This hotel will be for people who want to be in the Bayers Lake area and have easy car access, like those visiting the Community Outpatient Centre being built. It will not compete with tourists who want to spend money to be in a scenic and more interesting part of town. Because it is tall it will have nicer views and it uses less land.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2021, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
If they were going to build a cheap hotel, you would think they would have the common decency to at least make it inconspicuous!
How about: If they were going to build a cheap hotel, you would think they would have the common decency to at least not pretend it was going to look like this:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/9135ddfa...jdq8o1_540.jpg

Old Posted Sep 15, 2021, 11:33 AM

The crane came down yesterday.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2021, 1:32 PM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph06 View Post
The crane came down yesterday.
This would have been the perfect building for a crane to have toppled over on. With any luck it would have taken the building with it.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2021, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goode View Post
How about: If they were going to build a cheap hotel, you would think they would have the common decency to at least not pretend it was going to look like this:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/9135ddfa...jdq8o1_540.jpg
Yeah, I agree, but in reality it's probably only people on this site who are upset by this because they were hoping for an iconic skyscraper tower to be built in Bayer's lake (probably unrealistically).

Most other folks likely looked at the sign and thought "Oh, they are building a hotel here. Neat."...

Old Posted Sep 18, 2021, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstaleness View Post
This would have been the perfect building for a crane to have toppled over on. With any luck it would have taken the building with it.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2021, 6:24 PM

Old Posted Nov 5, 2021, 8:52 PM

Can we all collectively agree to just forget this project exists and stop posting about it

Old Posted Nov 5, 2021, 8:55 PM

One question first. Are there doors to those balcony-looking things, and are they going to be glassed in? And if so, why would that feature face away from the good view?

What an oddity this thing is. It's embarrassing to see "Halifax Tower" on a squat little stub too.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2021, 9:25 PM

Old Posted Nov 5, 2021, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDartmouthMark View Post
LOL. Great example to follow

Old Posted Mar 12, 2022, 2:55 PM

From a recent photo on Twitter by user Matt Dagley:

Old Posted Mar 12, 2022, 7:28 PM
Salty Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalkid View Post
I think they could have had windows on the east side blank wall facing the harbour as the building is connected at the base and not adjacent to it.

Hopefully they apply to have windows cut in and avoid an ongoing embarrassment regarding the design.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2022, 7:42 PM

I just saw in the news a very successful tower implosion in Florida this past week... perhaps this tower should have a similar fate. The fact that this is new boggles the mind.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2022, 10:57 PM

This now has blue vertical lights on the blank wall. From the Halifax side it resembles a tall shed you’d see at a NASA launch pad.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2022, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph06 View Post
This now has blue vertical lights on the blank wall. From the Halifax side it resembles a tall shed you’d see at a NASA launch pad.
That sounds kinda cool, actually. I'll have to check it out.

NASA North...

Old Posted May 16, 2023, 7:42 PM

For all the negative commentary around this development (and I agree, the original renderings are hilarious!), I quite enjoyed my recent stay here.

Modern design with very large rooms. Somewhat confusing layout with lobby and the third floor and specific elevators going to specific floors (e.g. 16th floor breakfast buffet which is beautiful). Decent pool and weight room. Met the owner Stephanie G., who was very kind and informative.

I usually stay downtown but didn't really need to be right in the city this time so I decided to try this place, and I'm glad I did. Will repeat!

Old Posted May 17, 2023, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzt79 View Post
For all the negative commentary around this development (and I agree, the original renderings are hilarious!), I quite enjoyed my recent stay here.

Modern design with very large rooms. Somewhat confusing layout with lobby and the third floor and specific elevators going to specific floors (e.g. 16th floor breakfast buffet which is beautiful). Decent pool and weight room. Met the owner Stephanie G., who was very kind and informative.

I usually stay downtown but didn't really need to be right in the city this time so I decided to try this place, and I'm glad I did. Will repeat!
Glad to hear something good has emerged from that fiasco.

Sounds like a Red Green sort of building: if you don't find it handsome, you should at least find it handy.

Old Posted May 17, 2023, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzt79 View Post

We stayed there as well, and aside from the already mentioned confusing ground floor/lobby floor set up, it will be worth visiting again. The restaurant had a great menu too!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs