HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 7:24 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDartmouthMark View Post
Thanks for the explanation, Sam.

Looks like a good strategy to build in a detour before major work starts around the interesection.

I'm looking forward to seeing this one come together - I think it will really be a big improvement. There is lots of potential to make this one of the nicest areas in the city, actually.
The canal is an interesting feature that wasn't being capitalized on. Some other cities have great historic canal areas and modern redevelopments. It would only take a few developments to tie this area together with downtown Dartmouth.

(The harbour islands are another asset the city has similarly failed to take full advantage of. George's and McNab's could be great tourist attractions.)

Old Posted Jun 29, 2019, 2:48 PM

There's some work happening between 1459 and 1475 Hollis. The old stairs there have been dug out and the area is fenced off. Possibly refurbishing the entryway down to the market?

Old Posted Jun 29, 2019, 8:57 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Another North End view. You can see a small construction site near the bottom right, which I guess is probably Agricola and Bilby:

Source

I wonder if there's a proposal for the parking lot at Agricola and Russell. Maybe that's Oland parking?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth