HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 16, 2019, 4:35 PM
I Rise Again

Very unique name as well. I wonder if it will have non traditional brew pub styling and have more on an industrial look to it.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2019, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonianSentinel01 View Post
Very unique name as well. I wonder if it will have non traditional brew pub styling and have more on an industrial look to it.
They have my favourite mural from this years Inspire Festival. That should draw some traffic, and perhaps be a backdrop for a beer garden of some sort.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2019, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
They have my favourite mural from this years Inspire Festival. That should draw some traffic, and perhaps be a backdrop for a beer garden of some sort.

Where is this one located?

Old Posted Jul 16, 2019, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark View Post
Where is this one located?
190 John St

Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 1:05 AM
I Rise Again

Wow! That is some nice! Beautiful mural.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 1:44 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

The new East End Community Centre pool is all set to open.

Photo from Mayor Dawn Arnold's FB page

Old Posted Jul 20, 2019, 12:55 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

This quote for a recent City of Moncton press release about building permits issued is interesting:
http://www5.moncton.ca/docs/media/20...permits_Q2.pdf

Quote:
two new apartment buildings along St. George combining for $7 million (64 units total).
Two new apartment buildings on St George? One is obviously the building under construction at St George & Weldon. Does the other one mean the apartment building further out on St George Blvd at the old Centennial Shakers site, or is it a building closer in to the downtown area? It would have been nice if the press release was a little more informative.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2019, 2:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
This quote for a recent City of Moncton press release about building permits issued is interesting:
http://www5.moncton.ca/docs/media/20...permits_Q2.pdf

Two new apartment buildings on St George? One is obviously the building under construction at St George & Weldon. Does the other one mean the apartment building further out on St George Blvd at the old Centennial Shakers site, or is it a building closer in to the downtown area? It would have been nice if the press release was a little more informative.
Just read a story saying there will be 24 units at the Centennial Shakers site. So if the Weldon & St George building has 40, then that would be right. So many new apartment buildings going up!

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 3:28 PM

It looks like they are working on the Higgins Block downtown. A lot of the plywood has been removed from the windows. A new development company called Fusion Commercial Properties Inc. purchased the building. I think it was in January. Their web site shows a picture of the interior and it looks like it's pretty well gutted. It will be interesting to see what type of tenants occupy it in the future.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
It looks like they are working on the Higgins Block downtown. A lot of the plywood has been removed from the windows. A new development company called Fusion Commercial Properties Inc. purchased the building. I think it was in January. Their web site shows a picture of the interior and it looks like it's pretty well gutted. It will be interesting to see what type of tenants occupy it in the future.
Fusion is a joint venture between Mario Cassie (MACC) and Andre Savoie of adelin. Last I heard they were going to look at apartment style lofts. But that could of changed

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster chucker View Post
Fusion is a joint venture between Mario Cassie (MACC) and Andre Savoie of adelin. Last I heard they were going to look at apartment style lofts. But that could of changed
I hope it's residential. They could make some really special units there with lots of character. They'd be leased in a heartbreak. I know Adelin & MACC have a lot of commercial properties, but I don't think they have any residential units. In any event, it's great to see this iconic building in the heart of downtown get developed.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Just read a story saying there will be 24 units at the Centennial Shakers site. So if the Weldon & St George building has 40, then that would be right. So many new apartment buildings going up!
That's an apartment building they are putting back there behind the old Centennial!?

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo1 View Post
That's an apartment building they are putting back there behind the old Centennial!?
https://live.staticflickr.com/4003/3...d84914a6_b.jpg

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 4:31 AM

Quote:
Underground parking too! I drive by pretty much every day and the basement/underground parking is almost complete. Just like the photo from the link above, the ramp to the underground on the left is almost complete and exactly as shown. However, the footprint is pretty small. Need to check to see if another ramp for exiting vehicles is part of this plan. If not, tight squeeze for parking down there.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
Underground parking too! I drive by pretty much every day and the basement/underground parking is almost complete. Just like the photo from the link above, the ramp to the underground on the left is almost complete and exactly as shown. However, the footprint is pretty small. Need to check to see if another ramp for exiting vehicles is part of this plan. If not, tight squeeze for parking down there.
Thanks for the update. I was wondering how this project was going. It's not an area of town I travel in. Being closed for a long time, Shakers was a real eyesore. It's great to see it being developed into something nice. There will be a great view of Jones lake from the units in the back.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 1:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Current Office Vacancy Rates in Atlantic Canada (from Huddle)

Moncton - 7.96%
Fredericton - 8.04%
Halifax - 14.62%
St. John's - 17.64%
Saint John - 18.26%

The Class "A" occupancy rate in Moncton is currently 3.57% (down from 8.49% last year), and is considered essentially "full occupancy".

With the scarcity of premium Class "A" office space in Moncton, one would think this would mean more new construction in the offing. Why isn't Crombie working on 1222 Main Street? This would seem the perfect time to begin this major retrofit!!!

Also posted in the statistics thread.........

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Current Office Vacancy Rates in Atlantic Canada (from Huddle)

Moncton - 7.96%
Fredericton - 8.04%
Halifax - 14.62%
St. John's - 17.64%
Saint John - 18.26%

The Class "A" occupancy rate in Moncton is currently 3.57% (down from 8.49% last year), and is considered essentially "full occupancy".

With the scarcity of premium Class "A" office space in Moncton, one would think this would mean more new construction in the offing. Why isn't Crombie working on 1222 Main Street? This would seem the perfect time to begin this major retrofit!!!

Also posted in the statistics thread.........
It would be great to see Crombie finally re-do 1222 Main street. I wonder if they would entertain residential in the building? Would part residential and part commercial work? In any event when they finally do this project and with Tannery Place being built, there are going to be a lot more people working and living in this part of town.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 11:58 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Hilton Garden Inn - current status:

Definitely a much more impressive looking construction site than the Hyatt Place.........

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Hilton Garden Inn - current status:

Definitely a much more impressive looking construction site than the Hyatt Place.........
I noticed the other day, it looks like they are going to reuse the pool from the colonial.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerTom View Post
I noticed the other day, it looks like they are going to reuse the pool from the colonial.
I also noticed that. However, I think it's being used for when it rains. They could be using it as a holding tank for pumping out the water pools around the work area.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces