HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 2, 2006, 2:23 AM

Summit at Copper Square - 23 Floors 253'

Elevator core has reached the 23rd and final floor, the rest of the building is at floor #18.

44 Monroe - 34 Floors 380'

Concrete has been poured for the 8th floor.

Sheraton Downtown Hotel - 31 Floors 360'

Work is finishing up on the 3rd floor, 4th floor should be under construction shortly.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2006, 2:33 PM
-_-

Any news on Cielo lately?

Old Posted Dec 19, 2006, 3:02 PM

Nothing new on Cielo, but here's a link to their website if you haven't seen it:
http://www.cielophoenix.com/

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 1:56 AM

Wink What a View From Cielo

Look at the view from the Cielo web site. It's more like from the top of South Mountain than from where Cielo will be.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 2:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
A model of the Cielo Phoenix towers shown at the pre-sales grand opening (photo credit to Soleri). Not the most inspiring buildings, but at least they should be pretty tall (for Phoenix) with 36 floors and probably around 400'.

Ugh, more "Phoenix-ized" architecture. C'mon guys, check out this building (the blue one, 45 floors) just done by the same developer in Las Vegas. Honestly, which one would you rather have?

(Photo credit: Don Pacho at SSC / SSP / SSL)

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 2:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLV View Post
Ugh, more "Phoenix-ized" architecture. C'mon guys, check out this building (the blue one, 45 floors) just done by the same developer in Las Vegas. Honestly, which one would you rather have?
Looks an awful lot like 44 Monroe which is under construction now in DT Phoenix, they're currently on the 10th floor...

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 4:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLV View Post
I gotta tell ya, I prefer the Cielo design. It is more imaginative then the Vegas tower, albeit not as tall. The Cielo towers have the large, wrap-around terraces on the upper floors, that are slightly spiralled as well. I don't see this at all being "Phoenix-ized" as there is nothing like it anywhere in Phoenix. You'll need to explain yourself unless you're just trying to pick a fight.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 6:18 AM
UrbanPHX

Besides the height, that Vegas tower is boring. I'll take Cielo.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 8:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInCal View Post
I gotta tell ya, I prefer the Cielo design. It is more imaginative then the Vegas tower, albeit not as tall. The Cielo towers have the large, wrap-around terraces on the upper floors, that are slightly spiralled as well. I don't see this at all being "Phoenix-ized" as there is nothing like it anywhere in Phoenix. You'll need to explain yourself unless you're just trying to pick a fight.
The top-heaviness strikes me as reminiscent of the early Central Park East renderings. The wrap around terraces are neat, but I don't think the balance between the two towers works. But, really, my problem it with the (lack of) a crown. It makes it look too much like an office building waiting for the 20 ft letters to signify the anchor tenant.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2006, 7:50 PM
-_-

Yeah, a crown would definitely be a nice addition to the top. I have to say that the lighting in the pic of the model certainly does not do it justice. It looks boring-beige in that pic, especially with the yellowish interior lighting.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 3:32 AM

Cielo Renderings

I think this one is a little more flattering than the model because of the lighting in the office where the model is located. Looks white with blue glass.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 5:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInCal View Post
I think this one is a little more flattering than the model because of the lighting in the office where the model is located. Looks white with blue glass.

Actually, it just makes it look more like a Frankenstein building. Fairly standard residential stuff, than wham, 2/3 of the way up there's a random suburban office park midrise glued to the top. If you just took off that last 20 feet facing the top it would look perfectly fine.

Here's a crude MSPaint of what it would look like.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 11:38 AM
Website Manager

that is such an absurd looking design!

it does look better white part at the top

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 4:34 PM

I'll chalk this one up to personal taste...and leave it at that.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2006, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundevilgrad View Post
Don't know if this link has been posted here yet, but it's a fairly comprehensive reporting section from the AZ Republic on DT development

http://www.azcentral.com/specials/downtownphx/
There's a lot of good stuff in that link, in particular, the plans to build a mixed use structure at the northwest corner of Central and McDowell. I hope something is done soon because that coner has been an empty dirt lot for too long now.

I'm wondering about the plans to expand the Hotel San Carlos, where the heck are they going to put the tower? If they were to put up the high-rise, it would have to be on Monroe, which would be blocked.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2006, 8:43 PM

Great to see Phoenix building up, up, up.
That blue & white Cielo rendering looks a little Miami-ish to me.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2006, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumMike View Post
[color=navy
I'm wondering about the plans to expand the Hotel San Carlos, where the heck are they going to put the tower? If they were to put up the high-rise, it would have to be on Monroe, which would be blocked.
[/color]
I haven't heard anything about that plan, other than the article. IMO, I think the owners were pipe dreaming towards the end of the boom cycle and I would be very suprised to see the project happen. However, I would love to be proved wrong!

Old Posted Jan 5, 2007, 5:16 PM

Not much information on this one, but it appears a hotel is slated for the parking lot directly west of US Airways Arena and south of the future CityScape site.

It looks to be 35+ stories and part of the land is owned by the city which might give it a bit more chance then a completely private project.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2007, 5:18 PM

New 16-story Ball Park Lofts to offer office, retail

Christia Gibbons
The Business Journal

A 16-story office condo building east of Chase Field and Seventh Street called Ball Park Lofts is in the works, a project of first-time high-rise developer Wayne McIntosh.

While it's early in the process, McIntosh said he's hoping to have the building at 811 E. Jackson St. up in two and a half years.

The project -- being developed by Ball Park Lofts LLC, consisting of McIntosh and other investors -- will offer offices above first-floor retail. Early projections are that office space will sell from $300,000 to $450,000 depending on size, and lease for $30 to $45 per square foot. Entire floors can be bought or leased, as can other configurations of space.

Architect Greg Mueller of San Diego-based Tucker Sadler Architects was hired for the project. Mueller has worked on Phoenix-area developments such as DC Ranch in North Scottsdale, the Hilton at Fountain Hills and WestGate City Center in Glendale.

"It's an ideal location for affordable office space," said leasing agent Dennis Kolodin of Realty Executives. "Obviously it will have beautiful views."

Kolodin also is the retail leasing agent for Orpheum Lofts, Tapestry on Central and Landmark on Central.

He said the Ball Park Lofts will not be in direct competition with the nearby CityScape project, as the land east of Seventh Street is "significantly less expensive than on the other side of the street."

Still, there's always some competition, and he and McIntosh said they hope the project is up before CityScape. The much-touted residential/office/hotel/entertainment project is planned for three city blocks from First Avenue to Second Street and Jefferson to Washington streets.

CityScape is scheduled for a first-phase opening in 2009, with completion in 2011. Developers include RED Development LLC, Barron Collier Cos., Novare Group, Cardon Development Group and Callison Architects.

A 25-year resident of the town of Paradise Valley and originally from Los Angeles, McIntosh was an investment banker for 20 years and a Denny's franchisee in Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas. He's also worked with Bill Prather of El Paso Bar-B-Que Co.

"I love what's happening in downtown Phoenix," McIntosh said, remembering going to Suns games at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Thanks go to the city's redevelopment efforts and "Jerry Colangelo for bringing everything into downtown," McIntosh said of his interest in the area.

McIntosh said he has owned the land for about eight months, but would not reveal what he paid because he's trying to acquire more in the area. Light rail and railroad lines will be close by, he said.

"I could live anywhere in the country, and I've picked here. I adore it," he said.

At one time, he and his wife contemplated moving back to Newport Beach, Calif., but being stuck in traffic trying to take their children to Disneyland convinced them to stay in Arizona.

As for his downtown project, McIntosh said he'd like to be the first one out with some office lofts.

Get connected
CityScape: www.downtownphxrising.org.

Realty Executives, Dennis Kolodin: 602-315-9292.

Tucker Sadler Architects: www.tuckersadler.com.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2007, 5:32 AM
UrbanPHX

Here's two more models of Cielo I found on another site.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations