HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 2:10 PM

Don't believe these were posted yet from https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...tml#g/447203/1

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
I'm bringing this topic back up again only because I don't know the rules. Is there a map that shows the restrictions by block in Midtown? For instance, it's not clear why office buildings like 1075 peachtree are tall (39 stories?) and have a good street presence but it seems that if a tall building were built on the Norfolk Southern lot, it would have to have a large plaza surrounding it.

Do the rules relax north of 10th street?

I'm not asking this question snarkily, I just don't know the rules.
You can use these two websites, depending on your preference, to find the zoning district for what you're wanting to view:

https://gis.atlantaga.gov/planview/
https://gis.atlantaga.gov/zoningmap/

From there you'll know the zoning district you're trying to find the FAR information for. There might be an easier way to find this information, but here is a link to zoning information:

https://library.municode.com/ga/atla...16-18P.010DECO

The link I provided SHOULD take you right to SPI-16 Development controls which lists the max FAR. You'll note that Max FAR for non-residential uses, with bonuses, is 10.2.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
I'm bringing this topic back up again only because I don't know the rules. Is there a map that shows the restrictions by block in Midtown? For instance, it's not clear why office buildings like 1075 peachtree are tall (39 stories?) and have a good street presence but it seems that if a tall building were built on the Norfolk Southern lot, it would have to have a large plaza surrounding it.

Do the rules relax north of 10th street?

I'm not asking this question snarkily, I just don't know the rules.
https://www.midtownatl.com/_files/do...lines_rdcd.pdf

Starting at page 23. I think this is the old version, but the newer version is largely the same. I think there are some differences in how developers can chain the density bonuses now (I forget exactly how and can't find the Blueprint 3.0 version for some reason).

Generally speaking, the max is 10.2 with all bonuses (retail + mixed use + affordable housing+ etc) west of Juniper. South of the park and east of Juniper it has a transitional height plane down to 6-7 depending on where and then down further at Piedmont.

Developers can always purchase additional FAR from the historic site of their choice if they want to exceed the cap, too.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 2:18 PM

8West from ABC

IMO if West Midtown had a large park and HRT stop, it would be Atlanta's best neighborhood once all these new projects finish construction. Lots of residential, office, and great entertainment. Not sure how large the grocery at Star Metals will be yet, however from their posts on IG it looks like it may take up part of the first and second floors of the development.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 3:25 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

Anyone have anything from the meeting last night?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 4:29 PM

Update on 1105. (Apologies for the in window panorama weirdness).

The leveling has broken out from the rear left corner, and now is expanding across the entire lot. Every day more people are coming on site and the project progresses.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 4:33 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

Try putting the lens of what you’re shooting with right up against the window, you won’t get reflections. I’m soooo stoked for this project.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Don't believe these were posted yet from https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...tml#g/447203/1

I like! Looks like it view prominently from the west stands of Bobby Dodd Stadium.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post
Try putting the lens of what you’re shooting with right up against the window, you won’t get reflections. I’m soooo stoked for this project.
Yup, however was attempting a pano as the surface area for this project in relation to my vantage point is MASSIVE. Unfortunately can't capture most of it from my balcony in open air - my trippy version will have to do.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Has anyone else noticed Cousin's "8th and West" project in the background? Just above the AT&T sign and right of One Atlantic..

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.ARCH View Post
Has anyone else noticed Cousin's "8th and West" project in the background? Just above the AT&T sign and right of One Atlantic..
My god you are right. I knew the student housing project was in it, but didn't realize 8th & West was. Build them both at the same time, please!

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 8:40 PM

West Peachtree is going to be a valley between high rises greater than Peachtree through midtown.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 8:42 PM

Quote:
My god you are right. I knew the student housing project was in it, but didn't realize 8th & West was. Build them both at the same time, please!
Impressive wall of buildings--

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 8:44 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

They're breaking ground Q1 2019?

By 2020, Midtown is going to be FIRE!!!!!!!!!

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.ARCH View Post
Cousins has the same architect working on both projects- Pickard Chilton. They also designed 1180 Peachtree (King & Spalding building at 14th/Peachtree).

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 9:07 PM

December 2018 DRC Recap: Codenamed "Project Fusion" Now Has a Tenant

DRC Response: Continue Refining and Expanding Activation Opportunities in Open Spaces
Quote:

[QUOTET]he project is designed by Pickard Chilton, HKS and Kimley Horn in anticipation of a major corporate relocation. The project has been known as Project Fusion, but officials announced today that railway company Norfolk Southern will occupy the proposed building, moving their corporate headquarters to Midtown Atlanta.

The new headquarters is organized around two towers with up to 856,000 square feet of office space and additional uses such as a childcare facility, technology innovation center and café at the ground level. The project benefits from a direct connection to the North Avenue MARTA Station located across the street as well as easy access to the Interstate and east/west connectivity via Ponce and North Avenue, one block away.

Envisioned as an urban campus, the project features a vibrant plaza at the corner to welcome the public with activities such as food trucks, artists markets and other programming elements. In addition, there are multiple levels of garden space that cascade up the façade of the buildings and culminate in a dining garden and recreation area on the sixth floor for employees. All of the 2,000 parking spaces are fully enclosed and ventilated, and half of them will be constructed below grade.[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Overall, the committee was enthusiastic about the innovative design of the buildings and recommended support for the identified variations. However, the DRC challenged the team, including landscape architect OJB, to continue refining the open space plan by creating more permeability and inviting places for people to gather within the plaza. Thoughtful programming will help bring the plaza to life and creative design features such as intimate seating areas, performance spaces and public art will ensure that the space is actively used by both the tenants and the Midtown community.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 10:06 PM

Development is really going to be closing in on the Varsity. I bet it doesn’t last another decade.

To be clear, I think the restaurant will last longer than that. I just don’t think it will last in it’s current form at that location for much longer. West Peachtree and Spring are being built out quickly. That corner is prime real estate.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 10:39 PM

If that wide shot is to scale, then the new building isn't as badly dwarfed by the AT&T building as I had feared it would be, which is encouraging.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 11:02 PM

Does anyone think of this Manhattan building when they see 8th and West??

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 11:04 PM

I hope this expedited the upgrade of the ATT plaza that was proposed back in the summer!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations