HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #361  
Old Posted Oct 14, 2018, 8:46 PM
timbad timbad is offline
heavy user of walkability
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mission Bay, San Francisco
Posts: 2,062
the east side









north side



from NW



looking at the Muni platform in that one, I'm not sure if this is a concern, but, according to this:



... work was supposed to have started last spring on the consolidation of the two stops near the arena into one, and take a year. as far as I can tell, the work hasn't started, and we are now a year away from arena opening. the website says they're on schedule for 'substantial completion' by late Spring, though, and I know Muni always delivers their projects on time, so probably nothing to worry about.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #362  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2018, 12:25 AM
timbad timbad is offline
heavy user of walkability
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mission Bay, San Francisco
Posts: 2,062




Reply With Quote
     
     
  #363  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2018, 5:15 AM
observatory's Avatar
observatory observatory is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 127
Here's a cool video from about a week ago giving KNBR folk a hard hat tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9BSRcVd5U4
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #364  
Old Posted Nov 6, 2018, 8:37 PM
fimiak's Avatar
fimiak fimiak is offline
Build Baby Build
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 814
I want to put these here because I know not everyone checks the webcams. This project will be wrapped up before we know it.

The gate house has been assembled and the roof is closed off for good.



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #365  
Old Posted Nov 7, 2018, 7:52 AM
SFBuildings888 SFBuildings888 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 66
Who knows. Maybe they finish ahead of schedule.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #366  
Old Posted Nov 21, 2018, 6:58 AM
1977's Avatar
1977 1977 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 929
Some recent aerial footage of the interior with some exterior shots as well.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #367  
Old Posted Nov 25, 2018, 6:28 AM
Jerry of San Fran's Avatar
Jerry of San Fran Jerry of San Fran is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,052
November 24, 2018

I like the way the building next to the arena curves around it.

The Chase Arena - 2018-11-2018
__________________
(Essex) Fox Plaza Resident Since 1971 (the building everyone loves to hate :>)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #368  
Old Posted Nov 25, 2018, 5:22 PM
Pedestrian's Avatar
Pedestrian Pedestrian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 7,617
Is that white color with the little holes making it resemble an old computer punch card the final exterior treatment (or is that perhaps a peel-off protective covering) because I have to admit I'm not fond of it? Somehow I thought it would be a metallic silver or something.

Addendum: Answering my own question, I guess that's it based on this previously posted rendering and I admit disappointment:



I'm now searching for "hanging chads".
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #369  
Old Posted Nov 26, 2018, 6:39 AM
1977's Avatar
1977 1977 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 929
Nice aerial - more here.


Chase Center - Mission Bay
by Tony Shi, on Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #370  
Old Posted Nov 27, 2018, 8:10 PM
SFBuildings888 SFBuildings888 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
Nice aerial - more here.


Chase Center - Mission Bay
by Tony Shi, on Flickr
Great shot. Excited when the arena opens. I still don’t understand why they aren’t allowed to build high rise buildings on this side of the bridge.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #371  
Old Posted Nov 29, 2018, 1:43 AM
N830MH N830MH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBuildings888 View Post
Who knows. Maybe they finish ahead of schedule.
They won't know for sure. If they complete the construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
Nice aerial - more here.


Chase Center - Mission Bay
by Tony Shi, on Flickr
Nice shots! I can see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBuildings888 View Post
Great shot. Excited when the arena opens. I still don’t understand why they aren’t allowed to build high rise buildings on this side of the bridge.
Because they don't allowed to build a nigh rise. Due to height restrictions by FAA regulations.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #372  
Old Posted Nov 29, 2018, 2:13 AM
BobbyMucho BobbyMucho is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Because they don't allowed to build a nigh rise. Due to height restrictions by FAA regulations.
It has absolutely nothing to do with the FAA. Candlestick Point + Hunters Point are closer to the airport and both have plans for mid and highrise structures.

The land in Mission Bay was zoned years ago and basically dedicated to affordable housing and UCSF—neither of which are going to build a highrise. There are however some taller structures planned for Mission Rock.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #373  
Old Posted Nov 29, 2018, 3:47 AM
pseudolus pseudolus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mission Terrace, SF
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyMucho View Post
It has absolutely nothing to do with the FAA. Candlestick Point + Hunters Point are closer to the airport and both have plans for mid and highrise structures.

The land in Mission Bay was zoned years ago and basically dedicated to affordable housing and UCSF—neither of which are going to build a highrise. There are however some taller structures planned for Mission Rock.
I thought it was because of John Burton and other Potrero Hill residents. Pretty sure he threatened funding to UCSF if they went any higher.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #374  
Old Posted Nov 29, 2018, 3:22 PM
WildCowboy WildCowboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
I thought it was because of John Burton and other Potrero Hill residents. Pretty sure he threatened funding to UCSF if they went any higher.
Yes, he threatened to hold the entire UC system budget hostage because he wanted UCSF to knock two floors off of the housing tower, and they of course relented.

UCSF is doing some other taller buildings clustered around 3rd/16th like the vision neurosciences facility that has a 12-story tower component.

But yeah, UCSF generally doesn't want to go very high anyway. It quickly gets difficult and expensive to build high-rise lab buildings with all of the ventilation and other utility needs, so they mostly go with 5-6 floors and an 85-foot parapet on those. It's mostly going to be office space and ancillary uses like housing that can go a bit higher, but even then nothing truly high-rise thanks to Burton and the rest of the Potrero folks.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #375  
Old Posted Nov 29, 2018, 8:33 PM
Pedestrian's Avatar
Pedestrian Pedestrian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 7,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
I thought it was because of John Burton and other Potrero Hill residents. Pretty sure he threatened funding to UCSF if they went any higher.
Exactly. Burton, when he was in the state Senate, threatened funding for UC which planned buildings that were taller than the Potrero Hill residents wanted. That blocked them.

Otherwise, it's just zoning. Blame the Planning Dept./Commission. If the Giants' Mission Rock development gets done, it has a few moderately tall buildings.

Mission Rock

https://sfport.com/missionrock
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #376  
Old Posted Dec 2, 2018, 9:51 PM
timbad timbad is offline
heavy user of walkability
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mission Bay, San Francisco
Posts: 2,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
...
looking at the Muni platform in that one, I'm not sure if this is a concern, but, according to this:



... work was supposed to have started last spring on the consolidation of the two stops near the arena into one, and take a year. as far as I can tell, the work hasn't started, and we are now a year away from arena opening. the website says they're on schedule for 'substantial completion' by late Spring, though, and I know Muni always delivers their projects on time, so probably nothing to worry about.
work is now fully underway on this. these are from last weekend, when the T line was closed through the area, replaced by buses







Reply With Quote
     
     
  #377  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 3:10 AM
timbad timbad is offline
heavy user of walkability
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mission Bay, San Francisco
Posts: 2,062
aaaaaand, the original platforms are gone

Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:39 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.