HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 1:13 PM

Supposed to be 24 and sunny today. Three degrees below normal, but I'll gladly take it after the string of gloomy weather we've had.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 2:30 PM

It's actually warmed up to 16 degrees (seasonal) right at noon. Maybe today won't be so bad after all.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 3:03 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 3:41 PM

^ It looks kinda weird since I am used to seeing this view in shades of gray. Everything looks so bright and green this time.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 3:54 PM

I got my wish. Winds decided to pick up a little from the west to northwest. No seabreeze, fog pushing offshore, sun breaking out, 18 degrees. Lets see how long this will last.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 4:32 PM
ARTchitecture

Sunny and 15 degrees as of 10 am, heading up to 21 today. Yesterday got up to 25, so I spent a good 4 hours outside studying in the evening, was so nice. This will be our last seasonal day til next Tuesday, but we'll be fluctuating between way below normal and slightly below normal for the next 11 days.

Severe thunderstorms in the forecast for the Calgary region and areas to the north late this afternoon and overnight as the pattern change comes in hard, clashing with the Pacific system over the foothills and the Front Ranges. There is a threat of convective storm activity throughout the affected area, which is basically an ellipse from Rocky Mountain House to Red Red Deer to Brooks to Nanton and Turner Valley, basically half the provincial population is under severe threat through this evening and overnight, bringing it to 2/3 in the "severe possible" zone.

'My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.' — Jack Layton

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 10:13 PM

Sever Thunderstorms moving towards Calgary with large hail and possible tornado activity. Yikes! sky to the west is really dark!

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 10:55 PM
ARTchitecture

I ran out to get groceries just after 4, took the Ctrain two stops from University Station to Lions Park Station, my grocery store is right across from the station. I managed to neeeearly beat the rain between my walk from US to my house with all my groceries. Even though I'm pretty wet, I'm quite proud of my timing. Plus, despite being inside studying the whole day, my walk to the station and the wait on the platform was nice and sunny. Might be the last sun I see til Saturday

Another benefit is that was my first time in a warm rainstorm this season, and it felt fantastic. Usually our rainstorms are really cold then the temp rebounds immediately after.

Here's a photo as I was getting to University Station on my way for groceries, was quite ominous...

And on another note, the last of my veggies have finally sprouted! Cucumbers and Basil (the closer plot in the photo) were the holdouts, and all the rest that I planted back in mid-May (farther plot) are doing amazing.

'My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.' — Jack Layton

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 12:13 AM
Suburbs Suck

30.2C at 4pm.m and sunny.
I've got to admit I'm actually looking forward to the cooldown starting tomorrow. Tired of sweating and not being able to work in my yard during the day.

22 20 25 23 22 22 with some accompanying precipitation.
castlegar.ca

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 1:24 AM

Yard is a lot nicer when the trees have leaves.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 1:39 AM
Go Preds!

Although, the lows are still too low (it's a forecast so that can change) for my liking, this is our first summer looking forecast. Nothing extraordinary but at least it's what you would expect in mid-June. Welcome summer... hopefully you stay with us more than a week.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 1:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
Yard is a lot nicer when the trees have leaves.
]
Nice yard!

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 2:31 AM
Go Preds!

26C with a humidex of 27 and mainly sunny!

Low was still on the cool side at 13C.

The warmspot was Osoyoos, BC at 31.1C. Osoyoos also had a low of 21.2C this morning, just has to wait a few more hours to see if this will be the official low. Would be the highest in the country this year if it is.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 5:27 AM
ARTchitecture

Wow Calgary ended up barely getting hit by anything, just that storm while I was walking home from groceries. Central Alberta still getting hammered hard though.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 6:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
26C with a humidex of 27 and mainly sunny!

Low was still on the cool side at 13C.

The warmspot was Osoyoos, BC at 31.1C. Osoyoos also had a low of 21.2C this morning, just has to wait a few more hours to see if this will be the official low. Would be the highest in the country this year if it is.
And now official, low of 21.2, highest in the country so far this year.

Today was also the 8th day in a row above 30 in Osoyoos, but a cool down is coming as of tomorrow.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 7:29 AM

Sunny, warm, dry. Tuesday's high at Vancouver Harbour was 22 C (23 w/humidex), the low was 16 C.

English Bay Beach, Vancouver, June 18 '19, my pics

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 12:33 PM

Sunny beautiful morning, 13 degrees at 10am. Forecast to get up to 21 today, but winds are supposed to die out around noon hour, meaning yet another seabreeze could set up this afternoon and keep the city from warming up.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Wow Calgary ended up barely getting hit by anything, just that storm while I was walking home from groceries. Central Alberta still getting hammered hard though.
Got hit pretty good a couple hours ago though, woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep for about an hour, lots of lightning and thunder.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 1:56 PM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Got hit pretty good a couple hours ago though, woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep for about an hour, lots of lightning and thunder.
Yeah man, my alarm went off just as the rain started hitting around 5:30. Was a really effective way to get me up to get another couple hours of studying done before my final in a half hour

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 2:01 PM

We have three cool and rainy days to get through, then it looks like summer weather will finally hit. Along the north shore of Lake Erie we should see humidexes in the 30s and lows in the 20s for the rest of the two-week forecast.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada