HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

53W53 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 10:21 PM
Mr. Technology

This tower will be as photographed as the iconic Chrysler Building.
Fact of truth!

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 11:15 PM

Very nice photos. Thank you -

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 11:38 PM

[QUOTE Everytime I'm reminded of the 200ft cut-off, my skyscraper heart hurts. I know the whole story behind it, but still,l I just can't let go. TWO HUNDRED FEET!! Too painful. Instead of a future icon, we'll get a filler. Beaufitul? Yes. Incredible? Yes. But still a filler.[/QUOTE]

I was going back thru time looking to see when this building got out of it's hole (Jan. 2016) and came across this posting. Now that the exterior is just about done and the building form and shape are here to appreciate, I wonder if anyone now would call this beauty a "filler"?

BTW, it seemed to me that this build was very fast, especially concerning it's complex design and that every floor is completely unique, but at 30 months maybe it wasn't so fast. Back in '15 and '16 as the build was starting the projected finish date was 4th quarter 2017.

Regardless, this is one fine building. Well designed and it looks well built.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 12:32 AM
Mr. Technology

This building is very unique and iconic.
As for the height, get over it.
I am reminded with every painful look at the short height of the Hearst Tower, 425 Park, Time Warner Center, etc., yet I appreciate the unique designs of each.

53W53 looks iconic and brilliant!

Old Posted Jul 4, 2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTalkGuy View Post
This building is very unique and iconic.
As for the height, get over it.
I am reminded with every painful look at the short height of the Hearst Tower, 425 Park, Time Warner Center, etc., yet I appreciate the unique designs of each.

53W53 looks iconic and brilliant!

I don't care about the height. My question is, now that the building envelope is nearly complete, can anyone get away with calling this piece of art a "filler" building?

Old Posted Jul 5, 2018, 11:32 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: 5Bfilms

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 1:51 AM
Mr. Technology

This iconic work of art is brilliant.
Anyone suggesting this masterpiece to being a mere filler is trolling for attention.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 2:10 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Anyone suggesting this masterpiece to being a mere filler is trolling for attention.
You have no evidence those peopoe are trolling around. They had an opinion you don't agree with and you throw out the "troll" word, that's not cool. Unless you have evidence that he is a real troll out to create a scene and piss people off for fun, you are badmouthing people for no reason other than you don't like the opinion. An alternative or unusual opinion on design is not trolling. Let's not make the forum some heaven for bashing people who don't agree with the majority.

Last edited by aquablue; Jul 6, 2018 at 7:57 AM.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 2:54 AM
BANNED

Quote:
I agree, especially when it's coming from those few persons on this forum who consistently say only negative things about NY. We all know who those handful of people are.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 3:25 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
I agree, especially when it's coming from those few persons on this forum who consistently say only negative things about NY. We all know who those handful of people are.
The person who said it is not necessarily a troll. He may genuinly hate the tower. Art is subjective. Sounds like you can't take any critique of a tower in NY by someone without getting offended. Consistant negativity does not equal trolling, some people hate most designs and have very high standards. Who are you to judge them? I didn't see a rule saying you had to be positive to be allowed post. Positivity alone is rather worthless when it comes to design.

Last edited by aquablue; Jul 6, 2018 at 10:17 AM.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 3:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
How ironic it is that of all people it was you who replied just after my post. I'm supremely shocked /s. Refer to my previous point.

Well if you don’t want to be known by everyone as a New York troll, then stop trolling.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 4:20 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico44 View Post
Well if you don’t want to be known by everyone as a New York troll, then stop trolling.

How about you go away and stop spreading dirty lies about people, I am not the NY troll. Try again, your attempt to slander my character is futile. Where is your proof? And don't tell me that having a negative or different view on design or whatever is trolling, because that argument is weak. And for the record, my positive posts are numerous on the city of NYC. I happen to have posted here for 15 years. I think my interest in your town is quite obvious. What troll out for a few laughs would really post for 15 years without moving on to fresh pastures? Certainly wouldn't be something I could imagine. Well, you can believe what you want, I don't give a crap what you think about me, you are wrong anyway. I'm lauging at ya mate, laughing my backside off!

Last edited by aquablue; Jul 6, 2018 at 10:13 AM.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 4:33 AM

Would have looked much better with an actual exoskeleton. It's not bad, but not as great as I hoped it would be.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 5:50 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_climber13 View Post
Would have looked much better with an actual exoskeleton. It's not bad, but not as great as I hoped it would be.
I dont know if its value engeinnering or what, but it's not what we were promised. Still one of the best NY towers though, even without it IMO.!

Last edited by aquablue; Jul 6, 2018 at 7:44 AM.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 11:11 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico44 View Post
I agree. If he did this in Chicago threads, he would have been banned long ago.

New York is like a white, Catholic man. Everyone feels entitled to bash him, but if he says something about anyone else, there will be hell to pay.

Last edited by JMKeynes; Jul 6, 2018 at 1:53 PM.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 3:04 PM

Absolutely stunning building.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 3:46 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Absolutely stunning building.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 5:02 PM
Metal Up Your !

It doesn't help that everyone of you pointing out this "troll" feeds of replies and attention to begin with. Move on and don't pay attention to this person. Both sides show a weak character when you let a random person's words get to you. You also show a weak character when you feel the need for pessimism on a public forum. Mods please delete these pointless replies, including mine.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 5:11 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
I dont know if its value engeinnering or what, but it's not what we were promised. Still one of the best NY towers though, even without it IMO.!
It's not wha

t you were "promised". The revised design has bee known for years. If exoskeleton is all you like then there are other towers for you to appreciate. This tower however, stands head and shoulders above most as far as design.

Now, we are getting very close to the glorious apex, when finally this tower will be crowned!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk5Z1F7n1Rr/?tagged=53w53

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 5:48 PM

It’ll be beautiful if they light up the cross bracing ala the Bank of China building in Hong Kong.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive