HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 17, 2013, 4:43 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 461 West 34th St | 312 FT | 29 FLOORS

New 399-room hotel penciled in for 461 West 34th in Midtown West
By: Joyce Chen
November 14, 2013

Google Maps

Quote:
More Hudson Yards hotel revelry!

A new Marriott hotel project is afoot at 461 West 34th Street, a block from the Javits Center.

Also known as 428 10th Avenue, the 29-story development will boast 399 rooms, according to the plan exam application filed November 13th. DSM Design Group is the architect, and the developer is Atria Builders. The corner site is currently a vacant lot.

The 197,253-square-foot project will be called Courtyard by Marriott at Javits Convention Center, according to the site for the Manhattan Regional Center, which is partnering with Atria Builders on the building.

The hotel is being partially funded through the federal EB-5 program, which grants visas to foreigners who invest $500,000 or more in an American business. From 2008 to 2012, Marriott International has endorsed at least 14 projects using EB-5 financing, The New York Times reported.

Half a mile from the new project is another Courtyard by Marriott hotel at 307 West 37th Street.
Application filed 11/13/2013: NYC Department of Buildings

I figured this would be an easy one to follow with all the ongoing coverage of Hudson Yards!

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive