HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Jul 11, 2007, 10:46 PM
Sand kicking airport guy.

^cities in France I know of Nantes,Lyon,Nice,Bordeaux etc...I have been thats the only reason why I say that.Edmonton and Calgary are both very nice cities,each with its own unique set of benefits.I really dont get bothered by distasteful reviews.I still remember the best one yet,I cant remember the magazine but it said Toronto's population was 1 million!!!LOL Now there was a uprising!

Old Posted Jul 11, 2007, 11:05 PM

Yes, Cold, you have a point. And I think anyone that's travelled - especially overseas - may come across that.

I hate to admit ignorance of geography (since, I think I'm well informed in that subject), but when I went to Germany in my early 20's, I had no idea of Cologne - a city of well over a million back then (and a beautiful city).

At the same time though, there are plenty of cities about the same size that are well known - Zurich, Liverpool, Dublin, Glasgow, Dubai, Nice, etc....

While, at the other end are plenty of cities (such as those in China and India) which can be as large as TO that not too many know of.

I think its a matter of how/what they contribute to the world (in those I listed, I think that's obvious ), and I guess I like to think that most Canadian cities have contributed on many fronts.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2007, 11:07 PM
Derp

When I was on a business seminar in California back in April, one of the women asked where we were from, and when I replied "Edmonton" she said, oh Pennsylvania? Enough said.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2007, 11:09 PM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcaliburKid View Post
When I was on a business seminar in California back in April, one of the women asked where we were from, and when I replied "Edmonton" she said, oh Pennsylvania? Enough said.
She meant Kentucky. Edmonton, Kentucky. Silly woman doesn't know her geography!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton