HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted Mar 24, 2016, 9:36 PM
of Canada

Vernon

Growing up in Vernon the most exciting thing I remember being built was a parkade (and looking back on it, probably the most boring thing) and a hospital wing (and another hospital wing since I moved away). I saw a few proposals over the years that would have been good but never got off the groung. So with an actual ground breaking, this is pretty exciting (I hope it isn't wood framed).

http://www.hhtotalcare.com/groundbre...amlets-vernon/

Even though I haven't lived there since 1987 it's still home in some way.
All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us? NOTHING!

Old Posted Mar 27, 2016, 4:34 AM
HVAC guru

The new arena was a pretty big deal at the time... They're planning a second one now. The new theatre is pretty nice for a city of its size, I remember the parkade going up as well as my dad's office building which at the time seemed huge (the CIBC building) but mostly have just watched my home town sprawl up the hills and into power centres on the north edge of the city. The most interesting thing going on right now is the redevelopment of the old BMO on 32nd.. It was partially done when I was back in November, should be a nice addition

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia