HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography

Old Posted Jul 8, 2013, 10:39 PM
Deerhoof Evangelist

OK, I've just read the New Yorker profile - can't share because there's a pay wall - and I gotta say that I was a little creeped out by Svenson's obsessiveness.

He really appears not to have seen the controversy coming. It all started when he inherited a 500mm, and he's been at it constantly for 18 months. Window peeping with binoculars isn't exactly unheard of in Manhattan. But he does take it to new levels.

Anyway, he's removed some of the images from the show, and has since contacted all of the building's residents by email. What he said in those emails, I don't know.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2013, 3:35 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

ha i had no idea this had made news outside of tribeca. svenson and his partner are neighbors of our friends. they have visited svensons apt, i guess he had some kind of open house shindig about this. apparantly he is a nice, but odd guy. you can see inside of svensons apt from their roof deck on the next block over. thankfully, they were not involved.

i dont really have any problem with it as the photos are not directly identifiable. although he is obviously interested in privacy/voyeurism, really if you have seen them its more about formal structure, shapes, colors and that more abstract kind of thing. still, some people were complaining and to be a good sporto artiste he should have just immediately taken down the photos of anybody who was offended.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2013, 6:35 AM

I began drawing as a very young child and had a grandfather who experimented with photography, so those things constituted my first exposure to art.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography