HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Dec 30, 2017, 7:49 PM

Atlanta Devmap Site

Hi all,

I'm going to have a lot of free time the next 3 months or so and I'd like to spend some time updating / cleaning up the Atlanta Devmap site (http://atlanta.devmap.io). There are a lot of duplicate projects, dated information (Atlanta Falcons stadium is still listed as "construction" for example) and new information to be added.

However, I cannot seem to be able to make any changes to anything. When I edit, say, the Mercedes Benz stadium from "Construction" to "Complete," it seems to accept my input but it doesn't make the change when you revisit the page. Likewise, when if I add or remove information from a building's info page, the same process of seeming to accept my input but not actually making any changes occurs.

The owner of the site, clexmond, hasn't been active on these forums since July. I can't "login" because I never had an account, and I can't see where I could sign up for one anywhere on the site.

So I seem to be a bit stuck. Does anyone have any insight in using this site or could tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thank you.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2018, 8:12 PM

I figured it out! When you go to commit a change you actually push "Cancel" instead of "Save Changes."

EDIT: Grrr, spoke too soon. It does change the status / information on the page after you select cancel, but if you go to the main page and go back it still doesn't save your changes.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2018, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSkyPalaceOwner View Post
I figured it out! When you go to commit a change you actually push "Cancel" instead of "Save Changes."

EDIT: Grrr, spoke too soon. It does change the status / information on the page after you select cancel, but if you go to the main page and go back it still doesn't save your changes.
Pretty sure there is an approval process with this site. While you can make changes, they won't be saved until the admin approves. I think I am relaying that correctly. We could always create an open google map instead?

Old Posted Jan 16, 2018, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Pretty sure there is an approval process with this site. While you can make changes, they won't be saved until the admin approves. I think I am relaying that correctly. We could always create an open google map instead?
That is unfortunate. I remember trying to change the new Benz stadium to "Complete" right when it was complete last summer. For it to not have updated by now means that clexmond and anyone else involved has truly abandoned it.

Seems odd for clexmond to just disappear in this fashion. Hopefully everything is okay.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta