HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 2:36 AM

Seems like the Leafs are the team to play if your team has a double digit losing streak that needs to be broken.

I'm getting pretty sick and tired of watching Matthews and Nylander do nothing out there while Marner works his butt off. Surely Matthews can't be expecting to get paid after the way he's played the last 20 games.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 6:12 AM

Man, it’s tough watching the Flames on the same night as the Leafs. Does Calgary want to trade teams?

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 6:21 AM

I don't know what happened to the boys tonight. Big win against the league's best team in their building only to lose to the mediocre Panthers

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 6:48 AM
恭喜发财!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman23 View Post
Man, it’s tough watching the Flames on the same night as the Leafs. Does Calgary want to trade teams?
Flames played a pretty lousy game overall, but as they have for most of the season they were able to find an extra gear when it really counted.

Sammy McBennet is fast becoming one of my favourite Flames, and if that third line / second PP unit can keep playing the way they did tonight, the Flames will be even more dangerous offensively than they already are.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 6:50 AM
BANNED

Jets pounded the Pussy Cats and sit in the leagues third spot.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 7:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
Jets pounded the Pussy Cats and sit in the leagues third spot.
With lots of traffic in the rear view mirror. If the Leafs don’t turn it around soon they’ll be lucky to have a wild card spot.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 7:30 AM

Canucks with the win now in a playoff spot and here comes Petterson.
New goalie gets the win.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denscity View Post
Canucks with the win now in a playoff spot and here comes Petterson.
New goalie gets the win.
Ducks win, Canucks out. Oilers vs tired Flames tonight, Canucks could fall another spot.

‘I believe in science’ is a statement generally made by people who don’t understand much about it. - Judith Curry, Professor Emeritus GIT

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 9:12 PM

The Flames played like shit, but yes, managed to find a way. They haven't really played a good solid 60 minute game in a while. They've been playing easier teams in the standings and have managed the wins.

Tonight's going to be a tough game for them. 3rd game in 4 nights, and they'll be facing a team that will be pumped up for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chemist View Post
Flames played a pretty lousy game overall, but as they have for most of the season they were able to find an extra gear when it really counted.

Sammy McBennet is fast becoming one of my favourite Flames, and if that third line / second PP unit can keep playing the way they did tonight, the Flames will be even more dangerous offensively than they already are.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
It is going to be a great test for us, but I also predict a very rough game.
Actually it'll be more of a test for the Flames. It's their 3rd game in 4 nights, and they haven't played well lately, and to boot.. they're going in against a team who'll be pumped up and ready for them. Not to downplay the rivalry, but with the way the scedule and standings are, the game tonight means a lot more to the Oilers.
From a Flames fan's point of view the timing isn't great for this one, but should be entertaining at the very least. On the other hand as a Flames fan, it could be just what's needed to get the Flames out of their sleepwalk.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2019, 1:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1 View Post
Actually it'll be more of a test for the Flames. It's their 3rd game in 4 nights, and they haven't played well lately, and to boot.. they're going in against a team who'll be pumped up and ready for them. Not to downplay the rivalry, but with the way the scedule and standings are, the game tonight means a lot more to the Oilers.
From a Flames fan's point of view the timing isn't great for this one, but should be entertaining at the very least. On the other hand as a Flames fan, it could be just what's needed to get the Flames out of their sleepwalk.
Edmonton has it sweet this year on playing b2b teams on the second night while being rested. Is like the NHL was trying to help them get into the playoffs!

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...games.2516113/

‘I believe in science’ is a statement generally made by people who don’t understand much about it. - Judith Curry, Professor Emeritus GIT

Old Posted Jan 20, 2019, 8:39 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

Closest emoji I could find to say "yeah Flames" !

Old Posted Jan 20, 2019, 10:17 AM
恭喜发财!

Quote:
Have to say, that was the Flames' most complete game in a while. They certainly didn't look like the team that was on the second hand of a back to back and the 3rd game in four nights, that's for sure.

Nice to keep McJesus and Drai off the scoresheet entirely, and also to get the first ever win at Rogers Place.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2019, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chemist View Post
Have to say, that was the Flames' most complete game in a while. They certainly didn't look like the team that was on the second hand of a back to back and the 3rd game in four nights, that's for sure.

Nice to keep McJesus and Drai off the scoresheet entirely, and also to get the first ever win at Rogers Place.
They looked pretty good...not the same team that sleepwalked their way to victories over Detroit and Arizona. Gaudreau and Monahan are looking like the bargains of the decade at $6.8million each. Unfortunately Chucky is going to also come in around that mark when his contract comes up.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2019, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawagord View Post
Ducks win, Canucks out. Oilers vs tired Flames tonight, Canucks could fall another spot.
Ya it’s so tight right now and everyone is taking their turn losing the standings will change daily.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2019, 9:18 PM

Chiarelli must be close yo getting canned now, with trading deadline coming up. All these coaches and GM's can't all be this bad. Unfortunately you can't fire Katz.

Pretty sad state in Edmonton. The Canucks rebuild is passing the Oilers rebuild.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2019, 9:44 PM

Petterson back for one period and he's already scored haha!
23rd of the season missing many games.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 6:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Chiarelli must be close yo getting canned now, with trading deadline coming up. All these coaches and GM's can't all be this bad. Unfortunately you can't fire Katz.

Pretty sad state in Edmonton. The Canucks rebuild is passing the Oilers rebuild.
I would howl with laughter if the Oilers missed the playoffs and the Canucks made it. Two years ago Oiler fans were planning this year's Stanley cup parade route.
The Flames might be better than I thought. I still don't think they are a serious threat for the cup, but if they can play like this next year with some playoff experience under their belt, they could be a force. I used to think my Leafs were a serious contender for the cup, but am now wondering of that's the still the case. I don't know what's going on with them.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 4:13 PM

Quote:
They looked pretty good...not the same team that sleepwalked their way to victories over Detroit and Arizona. Gaudreau and Monahan are looking like the bargains of the decade at $6.8million each. Unfortunately Chucky is going to also come in around that mark when his contract comes up.
I think Tkachuck will take a bit of a discount to stay here as the Flames have a really solid team, but I would expect somewhere north of $8 Mil.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 4:36 PM
Near Generational

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post

Oilers rebuild? I thought they were in win now mode.

There is nothing better on this Earth than stomping the Oilers. I was out watching the game at a local sports bar and the crowd was pumped.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada