HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 8:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRCRASH View Post

Not true, at least not in my opinion. The NoHo project to me has the same style.
DUDE - you do understand how geography works, right? noho is nowhere near downtown. that is totally irrelevant to what i'm talking about. read my posts.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 2:53 PM

It is relevant, because it's northwest of Downtown. You were not just speaking about Downtown, you were talking also West of Downtown.

Technically, NW is the same as W.

You read your OWN posts.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 4:34 PM
Ascension

Dude like totally NoHo is like ya NOT anywhere close like to downtown. Like fer sure.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 4:43 PM

Umm, read my post above man.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 4:46 PM

9900 Wilshire: Beverly Hills Weighs In On Richard Meier's Green Building

Wednesday, March 12, 2008, by Dakota

Blog Beverly Hills has the latest on 9900 Wilshire, the Richard Meier-designed, gold-Leeded green proposed condominium development between Santa Monica and Wilshire Blvds that is now before the Beverly Hills city council. In a clever fashion, the blog posts about the news in anticipation of the city council approving the project and doesn't guess locals will embrace the project: "Of course, for BH residents, the Candification [Candy & Candy is developer] of 9900 Wilshire means that City acreage which previously had been accessible to the general public will now be largely private grounds. ....Beverly Hills is and should continue to be a cosmopolitan, welcoming meeting-place. How appropriate then is it to have at our gateway a symbol of closure with its “For Residents Only” and “Do Not Enter” signs? Perhaps “the LA Country Club Towers” would be a better name for the 9900 project." Originally the project was slated to have 252 condominiums, and these renderings, which have been around for a while, may have changed

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 6:02 PM
California goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeHundred View Post
Dude like totally NoHo is like ya NOT anywhere close like to downtown. Like fer sure.
Dude, read his post. W is technically NW. And blue is technically red. Get with the program, man.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 6:56 PM
Ascension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo Park View Post
Dude, read his post. W is technically NW. And blue is technically red. Get with the program, man.
I'm like totally buggin. I though red was Office Depot and up was 54.

Whoa

/Keanu Reeves

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 7:22 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRCRASH View Post
[SOME stuff like that being built west of Downtown. But your right, it would look very attractive to have more geometric buildings like that.

Edited

JDRCRASH
West - The Red Building is in West LA. So when you say “some stuff West of DT” you’re implying it’s closer to DT? People don’t think of N. Hollywood as west of DT.
Stuff - implies that there is more than one.
Being Built - NoHo project is a proposal and is currently not “being built”

See how your choice of words has made your post confusing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRCRASH

That's nice.

But regardless, notice how I said "I THINK". I've learned to properly use the right vocabulary for people to understand what I’m saying.

You’re still leaning and I am saying this to help you. I’ve noticed you have been doing a lot of posting lately all over the SSP site, and often your post have inaccurate information, or are unclear, or you have mis-quoted someone, or taken information out of context. Then the post is inevitable followed by several posts going back and forth where the other forumers try to correct you and you fight them.

Please slow down with your posts. If you’re answering a post, read it carefully before answering. If you don’t know something or not sure, don’t post anything. If someone else has the correct info, they’ll post it.

And don’t feel you need to exaggerate. Remember your original post said “A lot of stuff like that is being built… “

Please don’t respond to this, just take it in.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by DowntownCharlieBrown; Mar 13, 2008 at 8:16 PM.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 7:24 PM
Ascension

^

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownCharlieBrown View Post
West - The Red Building is in West LA. So when you say “some stuff West of DT” you’re implying it’s closer to DT? People don’t think of N. Hollywood as west of DT.

You’re still leaning and I am saying this to help you. I’ve noticed you have been doing a lot of posting lately all over the SSP site, and often your post have inaccurate information, or are unclear, or you have mis-quoted someone, or taken information out of context. Then the post is inevitable followed by several posts going back and forth where the other forumers try to correct you and you fight them.

Please slow down with you posts. If you’re answering a post, read it carefully before answering. If you don’t know something or not sure, don’t post anything. If someone else has the correct info, they’ll post it.

And don’t feel you need to exaggerate. Remember your original post said “A lot of stuff like that is being built… “

Hope this helps.
Thanks.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 7:30 PM

Really tired of this

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeHundred View Post
I'm like totally buggin. I though red was Office Depot and up was 54.

Whoa

/Keanu Reeves
I'm getting really tired of all of these comments. It really isn't necessary and doesn't move the conversation along. There is no need to be snarky or nasty. Normally, I try to ignore all of this, but it really getting to point where this forum (and especially the Downtown LA forum) is about making fun of people and bickering, rather than Los Angeles development. I would appreciate it if we could stay on track and remain cordial.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 7:31 PM

^
Ah if only that were the case!

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 8:34 PM
Ascension

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeah215 View Post
I'm getting really tired of all of these comments. It really isn't necessary and doesn't move the conversation along. There is no need to be snarky or nasty. Normally, I try to ignore all of this, but it really getting to point where this forum (and especially the Downtown LA forum) is about making fun of people and bickering, rather than Los Angeles development. I would appreciate it if we could stay on track and remain cordial.
Meh..you are just jealous because your milkshake doesn't bring all the boys to the yard.

But you're right. I'll be good.

I actually have a question: What is the status of Madam Taussad's (sp) wax museum on Hollywood and Orange? Is that under construction or prep work or what?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 9:26 PM
California goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeah215 View Post
Yeah good to see you doing your part in moving the discussion. by dwelling on the topic even further.

SO ANY1 KNOW THE STATUS OF 3 CAL PLAZA

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 1:16 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownCharlieBrown View Post

Please slow down with your posts. If you’re answering a post, read it carefully before answering. If you don’t know something or not sure, don’t post anything. If someone else has the correct info, they’ll post it.

Hope this helps.

sheesh take it easy on him! he's trying really hard, doing lots of research, to make coherent, relevant comments

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 2:19 AM
Environmental Sabotage

Well how about some Hollywood Updates:

Well there have been a few people asking for some Hollywood updates and since most LA forumers seem to be hanghing out in the City Compilations section I decided to post them here.  Not much:

The Madrone:

PaliHouse:

The Jefferson:

Old Hamburger Hamlet:

Madame Tussaud & H&H remodeling to look old industrial:

Last edited by dktshb; Mar 14, 2008 at 2:42 AM.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 3:27 AM

thanks! great job. its exciting to see Hollywood coming back strong.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 3:31 AM
California goth

thanks dktshb. good to see hollywood still moving along considering dtla is slumping a bit.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 4:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo Park View Post
Yeah good to see you doing your part in moving the discussion. by dwelling on the topic even further.

SO ANY1 KNOW THE STATUS OF 3 CAL PLAZA

It's and dead since 1993.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 6:55 AM
L O S A N G E L E S

So that old stuff is actually new stuff. Interesting

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations