HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 28, 2010, 1:48 AM
Concerned Citizen

I like the Kay Drage park location and always have. However there are some problems with that site that would have to be overcome.

The first problem is access. Macklin St. is a two lane residential street. There is no other access to the site, unless they plan on building bridges from the residential streets overlooking the property.

The other problem that I haven't seen mentioned is that it is a former landfill that has been capped. Once they start digging you never know what they are going to dig up. It may be worse than the remediation needed at the bayfront site.

The biggest problem with that site as I see it would be parking. Whether you like it or not people will want to use their cars and if they don't have a reasonable amount of parking within walking distance they will not go to the facility. Public transit is not an option that will entice people to go to the stadium. The majority of people, in this city, including myself will never use public transit.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton