HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Prime on the Plaza in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Surrey Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Aug 7, 2017, 8:21 PM

Yeah it's visible from 22nd St Station now too.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 4:13 PM

Aug 15:

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 3:03 AM

It's kind of funny how I think that nothing has changed, until I finally walk down University Drive and *bam* there's... like... a whole building there that wasn't the last time.

It still astounds me how quickly Prime and the expansion is changing the neighbourhood.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 5:46 PM

And the change will continue in the interm with the start of the West Village 44-storey rental tower this fall / early next year, Evolve's rise, the opening of 103 Ave, and West Village Park. Then even bigger change within 2 years with the removal of the ice rinks / bus loop relocation, expansion of the plaza, and redevelopment of that area.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 6:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryHolmes View Post
It's kind of funny how I think that nothing has changed, until I finally walk down University Drive and *bam* there's... like... a whole building there that wasn't the last time.

It still astounds me how quickly Prime and the expansion is changing the neighbourhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
And the change will continue in the interm with the start of the West Village 44-storey rental tower this fall / early next year, Evolve's rise, the opening of 103 Ave, and West Village Park. Then even bigger change within 2 years with the removal of the ice rinks / bus loop relocation, expansion of the plaza, and redevelopment of that area.
From what I can see from over here; yes! And it all seems to be turning out so much pleasanter than Mississauga not only because of the lusher vegetation, but the designs themselves.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2017, 6:50 AM

Today:

My pic

Old Posted Sep 8, 2017, 8:25 PM

That area is looking so different from a year ago. Can't wait until the bus loop is reconfigured!

Old Posted Sep 8, 2017, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EhJay View Post
That area is looking so different from a year ago. Can't wait until the bus loop is reconfigured!
When are they planning to start that by?

Old Posted Sep 8, 2017, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
When are they planning to start that by?
I'm going to guess that it will be after fall 2018, I think they need to complete the sky-train station upgrades before they can reconfigure the the loop

Surrey Central SkyTrain Station
Quote:
Upgrades Begin Construction will begin in early April and is expected to be completed by the end of 2018.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2017, 1:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trofirhen View Post
From what I can see from over here; yes! And it all seems to be turning out so much pleasanter than Mississauga not only because of the lusher vegetation, but the designs themselves.
I've never been in Mississauga, so what's the problem? Not that I doubt you, and not that I'm displeased with Surrey's transformation, mind.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2017, 2:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryHolmes View Post
I've never been in Mississauga, so what's the problem? Not that I doubt you, and not that I'm displeased with Surrey's transformation, mind.
To put Trofirhen's message into context, Surrey is sometimes considered to be Vancouver's equivalent of Mississauga, interns of its size, geography and high-level transformation from sprawling suburb to a metropolis in its on right. Significantly, compared to Surrey, Mississauga is significantly ahead in its transformation. I think Trofirhen just meant to say that though Surrey might be a bit behind Mississauga, the development is actually turning out better here.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2017, 2:39 AM
retro_orange

This is true. I have lived in both Mississauga and Surrey. Mississauga has a ridiculous amount of concrete jungle and very ugly buildings. Everything is paved, typical of it's boom time (60's and 70's)

Surrey on the other hand has many randomly placed empty lots all over that get very overgrown and strewn with trash and turn urban prairie, mini forest. Not so great architecture either, though Surreys boom time is now and can learn from the mistakes of other suburb-turned-metro cities.

I lived in both a bit less than 3 years, crime wise I got mugged in Mississauga and house broken in to in Surrey. Both have gang problems from bored youth too.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2017, 2:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro_orange View Post
This is true. I have lived in both Mississauga and Surrey. Mississauga has a ridiculous amount of concrete jungle and very ugly buildings. Everything is paved, typical of it's boom time (60's and 70's)

Surrey on the other hand has many randomly placed empty lots all over that get very overgrown and strewn with trash and turn urban prairie, mini forest. Not so great architecture either, though Surreys boom time is now and can learn from the mistakes of other suburb-turned-metro cities.

I lived in both a bit less than 3 years, crime wise I got mugged in Mississauga and house broken in to in Surrey. Both have gang problems from bored youth too.
A light beating with metal rods can do wonders for "bored youth."

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 2:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcman72 View Post
I'm going to guess that it will be after fall 2018, I think they need to complete the sky-train station upgrades before they can reconfigure the the loop

Surrey Central SkyTrain Station
They also need to complete the new ice surfaces down at Scott Road which I think is about the same timing so you're probably right that we won't see redevelopment of the bus loop area until after fall 2018.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2017, 10:21 PM

They are now working on the 26th floor where the floorplate pivots on an angle. You can see the thick slab at the top of the 25th floor where the square floorplate ends.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2017, 3:11 AM

yes, I've noticed that on the street level too...as more of the concrete gets revealed, it is more apparent. Another 10-12 floors I think? I wonder if it will be the same height is Ultra that's behind it?

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 5:57 AM

Angled floorplate becoming more visible - onto the 2nd floor above the lower half of the tower

Old Posted Sep 30, 2017, 10:26 PM

Prime from the north with SFU behind

Old Posted Oct 6, 2017, 12:57 AM

Crane was raised today. 9 more levels to go.

Last edited by Shift; Oct 6, 2017 at 2:28 AM.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 7:02 AM

Today:

My pic.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley