HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 10, 2006, 6:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich
Hey, do you happen to know the status of these projects:

1. Kimberly Place Towers I-III: I guess this is proposed near Las Vegas Central?

2. Dynasty Tower/Rio Drive Tower/Hunter High-Rise

3. Flatiron

4. Mandarin Oriental Hotel for CityCenter: Has it been approved?

5. H.U.E. Lofts at Art Central: Has it been approved?

6. Vegas 88: Is this one still on?

Just trying to keep the Emporis status' current.
Re: Flatiron - it looks dead to me. There's no action at the location and I can't find anything current about it on the internet. I would be shocked if it was actually ever built. Ditto with Renzi. The developer stuck up an ugly temp. building and a couple of signs near the location, but now the signs have spray-painted for sale messages at the bottom. There's no mention of the project on the renzi development website - www.renzidevelopment.com.
I think the whole project is pure fiction.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2006, 10:47 PM
Editor

New Renderings!

I found this recent project rundown (it was made on the 9th) of all the projects in Downtown. This has many new renderings such as Renzi or Club Reniassance and Stanhi

new renderings such as these

There are also many new projects with renderings. It took me a few hours to update everything, Information such as height is also provided on the pdf

Some of the new projects

The Diagrams and front page have been updated.

Link
http://www.lasvegasnevada.gov/files/...b_projects.pdf

Old Posted Jun 11, 2006, 1:23 AM
BANNED

The buiding in the bottom middle pic looks like its facade is melting or peeling off or something.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2006, 1:34 AM

AAwww, It looks like more of a DE-EVOLUTION than EVOLUTION.
Curvy cool to boxy. But it's still alive.
Yeah it does Daquan13. Definitely cool.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2006, 1:41 AM
Reverie

Aside from Cherry projects and Strealine, there is yet to be actual construction on one of the tallers proposals, esp Stanhi and Club Ren. I find it strange how the Mayor has done all he could by approving all of these tall towers yet not a single one has worked.

Perhaps Wall Street, I mean World View will be the first.

On looking over the Vegas city website's maps, it is worth nothing that the Summit tower (formerly Ivana) is still approved and on the map. I'm taking it means the approval is still active and could be transfered to the new owner if they wish to build that tall (doubtful)

Old Posted Jun 11, 2006, 1:44 AM

^^^That is Monument tower. The old liberty tower site.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2006, 2:52 AM

monument is the tower that has the funky fascade right?

it resembles a proposed chicago high rise called AQUA that reflect ripples in a pond

also, club ren is posted as only proposed not u/c

601 fremont has a better design now.

renzi prolly aint dead if it has this much detail/ info.

wht is that boxy building in the second rendering of stanhi - the one that has newport in it as well....there is a white boxed mass behind stanhi - its pretty large.

i hinestly would doubt the 'sumit' is dead. maybe for now, but the location and design fit perfectly. it WAS an AIA (architect institute of america) design award winner. plus it bein so tall and elegant, im sure SOMEONE wants to buy it off and take over. plus after a month from cancelation, why is it still on the boards?

juhl is permitting.....im guessing that means it will start construction soon.

evolution looks very promising
looking at 601 fremont again: it looks like it is actually TWO towers! each side view do not match, if it was one tower the elevations dont match one tower is longer than the other......it must be two towers

grand central tower looks too good to be built - thats a riskay design....

notice the design of wall street towers (no world view)

CORRECTION: that boxy building behind stanhi is actually a mass study for the elit tower - see how newport is next to it. beautiful design.

these renderings seem perfect to creat diagrams. i wish i knew how to make 'em. i'll leave the skills to the people who have them.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2006, 3:39 AM
Reverie

Yea, I was talking about the Summit tower (the 900+ foot supertall), not the liberty tower. It's still on the map. One can only hope we'll see it again. Needless to say I was a little more then agry when they cancelled it. I don't care if Trump (the Donald, not Ivana lol) eventually buys it and build it and be able to brag about being the tallest building in vegas. For once I think his ego and name recognition may be able to make it happen. His current Trump tower will be overtaken by Clun Ren and Montreux anyway as taller buildings.

http://www.lasvegasnevada.gov/files/...l_projects.pdf
On page 2.

Club ren would be able to start if they can get that last single house on the parcel to be sold and removed. It's just one house!

By the way, i ncase people havn't noticed, a bunch of parcels around downtown have been bought out and are being resold by a compnay called xyz properties. Their signs all say "pre assembled future high rise property for sale" If even half of those get built on, that will be something.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2006, 4:40 AM

^^^ Yeah, you posted before I was writing. #14 in the above is the old Liberty site, now The Monument Tower.
That is a perfect idea, knowing Trump to be into having the tallest, he ought to be looking into the Ivana project.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2006, 11:14 PM

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 12:13 AM

'Hairspray' won't stick in Las Vegas

The 300-plus mayors who attended the U.S. Conference of Mayors this week on Monday received these four new Mayor Oscar Goodman bobbleheads as souvenirs of the five-day conference, which ends today.

The producers of "Hairspray" announced Monday that the transplanted Broadway show, which opened at Luxor in February, is being canceled as of Sunday.

Cast members were told 30 minutes before the show.

Advertisement

"As a production we couldn't be happier, but we just never found the audience. It's very sad," said Myron Martin, the co-producer with Michael Gill.

Sunday's finale would be the 148th performance.

Tony Award-winning star Harvey Fierstein and his sidekick Dick Latessa were recruited for 12 weeks to get the musical off the ground.

But the Broadway success -- eight Tonys since opening in 2002 -- didn't follow in Las Vegas.

"Everyone loves it. We were incredibly proud of the show," said Martin, reached by telephone during the show.

Martin added that breaking the news to the cast was "a terribly tough time."

Las Vegas Avenue Q closes today
By Amy Somensky May 28, 2006, 1:49 GMT
printer email RSS Talkback

Las Vegas: The Las Vegas production of the Tony winning musical, Avenue Q, plays its final performance at the Wynn Las Vegas today. This closure will make way for another Tony winning musical, Monty Python's Spamalot, to move in.

Steve Wynn said previously in a statement, "As we finalized our architectural plans for Encore at Wynn Las Vegas, we realized that if we could convert the Broadway Theatre currently housing Avenue Q to the Grail Theatre for Monty Python's Spamalot, we would be able to most efficiently accommodate those new elements and meet the demands of our hotel addition. By releasing the producers of Avenue Q from their exclusive non-touring agreement, we were able to accomplish this architectural goal without having to invade our golf course real estate. Giving up the delights of Avenue Q was a very difficult, but necessary choice in view of all of the relevant factors."

As mentioned in the statement, the musical will be released from its non-touring agreement. Producer Kevin McCollum said, "Audiences and critics love Avenue Q. We look forward to sharing it with theatre audiences around the world."

Avenue Q opened on September 8th at the resort, and is currently playing the Golden Theater on Broadway, and will open at the Noel Coward Theater in London on June 28th.

Avenue Q is the story of Princeton, a bright-eyed college grad who comes to New York City with big dreams and a tiny bank account. He soon discovers that the only neighborhood in his price range is Avenue Q; still, the neighbors seem nice. Together, Princeton and his newfound friends struggle to find jobs, dates, and their ever-elusive purpose in life.

i wonder why shows arent doin so well. at the mirage, LOVE - a cirque show based off beatles songs has opened. it replace siegfried and roy.

spamalot is goin to replace avenue Q, i wonder what will replace hairspray and why it closed so hastfully... there are rumors CHER is goin to replace celine dion once her contract is up. and phantom of the opera is now at the venetian. Weird set of shows being offered in vegas. and its even more weird how some like moma mia are extremely successful and others tank.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 12:33 AM

Architectural reasons is such a bs reason to cancel a show. 50 bucks says that ain't the real reason for cancellation of Avenue Q.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 5:49 AM
Reverie

In between the New York New York and Monte Carlo hotels, where that little standalone restaurant used to be, the land is now cleared and has a sign stating "Project City Center Sales Office"

I have never visited any of the other condo sales offices but I will definitely check by this one often just to see some nice renderings and models.

Continuing north a little, I was fortunate to pass by the Boardwalk hotel, of which only the front facade was still standing after the implosion a while ago. Unfortunately my timing was such that I saw it while two bulldozers were in the process tearing it down and consequently I happened to see a bulldozer smash the "Surf Buffet" sign in half. The famous clown was already demolished, so I did not see it.

Spa Lofts

Quote:
Club magnate plans Spa Lofts for SW valley
BY TONY ILLIA
BUSINESS PRESS

Andrew Sasson, the thirty-something nightclub entrepreneur, recently unveiled a new mid-rise condominium project called Spa Lofts in the southwest valley. The three-building, 142-unit complex is located at Badura Avenue and Rainbow Boulevard, just south of the Beltway.

While the transition from club king to high-rise developer seems unlikely, Sasson is an unlikely success story. The high school drop out from London has a knack for defying the odds. He came to Miami Beach at age 17 on a student visa and he never went back. Starting as a doorman, the brassy Brit worked his way through the ranks to develop a nightclub empire before heading to Vegas.

After cold-calling Bobby Baldwin, the president and CEO of Mirage Resorts, for five years to set up a meeting, the two eventually launched Light at the Bellagio in 2001. Sasson and partners, Andy Masi and Sean Christie, subsequently formed The Light Group, the firm responsible for FIX, Light and Caramel at Bellagio, JET and STACK at The Mirage and Mist at Treasure Island.
An architect's rendering showcases a modern interior featured at Spa Lofts.

HIT WITH CELEBS

Sting, Bruce Willis, Leonardo DiCaprio, Paris Hilton, Owen Wilson, Tobey Maguire, Mark Wahlberg and Demi Moore all frequent Light hot spots. Last year, more than 2 million people visited Sasson's bars, nightclubs and restaurants.

"You have to be strong in sales and marketing in the nightclub business and take care of people," said Sasson. "You want people to have fun and party, but you're also responsible for their safety and welfare."

It's a juggling act that Sasson handles well in addition to maintaining a high-octane aura around his Light properties as the hip, happening places in town. His foray into high-rise development came by accident.

"I was looking for a place to live," Sasson said, "but there were only these tract homes that looked exactly like the home next to it. You couldn't tell them apart."

It was something he decided to change, so Sasson and partner Laurence Hallier built Panorama Towers just west of the Strip. The twin 33-story, blue-glass towers consisting of 646 luxury condominium homes sold out quickly.

Sasson, in fact, used the same architects and designers from his restaurants and nightclubs to create Panorama Towers. The project's success led to a third and fourth tower, although Sasson has since sold out to Hallier.

But now he's back with Spa Lofts. Designed by Graham Downes Architecture of San Diego, the project consists of three Bauhaus-style mid-rise buildings that form an outdoor courtyard with pools, cabanas and landscaping. Homes range from 1,276 to 1,500 square feet, with loft-like interiors that include open floor plans, double-height ceilings and balconies. Residences feature top-of-the-line finishes, fixtures and appliances manufactured by Kohler and GE. Each standard unit comes with hardwood and slate flooring, European cabinets and marble bathrooms. The five-acre project is being developed under the direction of Sasco Real Estate.

'ORGANIC STEP'

"Mid-rise projects are the next evolutionary step in the valley's move from a low-rise dominated residential market to a vertical market," said John Restrepo, principal of Restrepo Consulting Group, a Las Vegas-based real estate research firm. "It's a more organic step and mid-rise projects also work well in both urban and suburban settings."

Spa Lofts, as its name suggests, will additionally feature a 5,000-square-foot spa-and-fitness center that offers yoga, pilates and strength training as well as massages, facials and body treatments. The 70-foot-tall buildings will have four levels of residences, with covered parking below. Prices start at $360 per square foot which seems inexpensive when compared with comparable resort-style condominiums.

"Having a mid-rise in the suburbs makes sense especially with the success of The District," said Bea Goodwin, president of Las Vegas High-Rise and Condominium Alliance. "It provides a stylish, affordable mid-point between a high-rise and a single-family home."

Spa Lofts, as a result, is expected to sell out quickly, with construction scheduled to begin by year's end. The project is anticipated to finish by February 2008. A contractor has yet to be named.
I don't know about yopu but while high rises are indeed cool, I also support all of these midrises being built. Many locals may be more willing to live in these high density units and manhattanize Vegas a lot more then a luxury $2 million strip units geared towards people from out of town.

Other midrises I can think of are Vantage Lofts, Juhl, Manhattan, Boca Raton, Loft 5...

http://www.spaloftslv.com/
http://www.vantagelofts.com

Last edited by Reverie; Jun 13, 2006 at 6:01 AM.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 5:53 AM
Editor

I found the latest model of the Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Las Vegas Strip. From the architects website, they say the whole project will be completed in 2011.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 6:14 AM
Reverie

Before I forget, take a look at this blog I found as well about Project Citycenter, nice pictures of construction.

link fixed
http://table-tango.pokerworks.com/20...t-city-center/

"the largest civil engineering project in history" Man I like the sound of that! Most of us are used to it since we already know what's going to be built and maybe pass by the site everyday but still perhaps the proper thing to feel as just sheer awe of the scope of what they're gonna build.

Another twisted though but at first glance this bulldozed parking lot for citycenter looks like a farm field. Put a tractor in the middle and it complete the illusion. Not even Siegfried and Roy magic's could make anyone believe you could actually farm anything in Vegas though! It's one very expensive farm field.

Last edited by Reverie; Jun 13, 2006 at 4:06 PM.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 7:32 AM
Editor

^umm The link dosnt work for me.....

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 3:27 PM

notice the tram is now down^^^^^

also hilton vacation club look weird having all the buildings at different heights.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG
notice the tram is now down^^^^^

also hilton vacation club look weird having all the buildings at different heights.
They we're originally all planned to be 40 stories tall, but the first tower was scaled back in the aftermath on 9/11. From the model, it looks like the the 3rd and 4th towers will be getting some make up floors.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 7:33 PM
JoeCooper

Is it just me, or is Donald Trump being extremely cheap here. On the new Trump Las Vegas it is only 622 feet tall yet 64 floors. That is not even 10 feet from floor to floor. For a luxury establishment, most people expect a floor to floor ratio of at least 10 feet. Just something that crossed my mind.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1
Is it just me, or is Donald Trump being extremely cheap here. On the new Trump Las Vegas it is only 622 feet tall yet 64 floors. That is not even 10 feet from floor to floor. For a luxury establishment, most people expect a floor to floor ratio of at least 10 feet. Just something that crossed my mind.
It works out to a little over 9 1/2 feet per floor. So I assume that the ceilings are about 8- 8 1/2 feet if you take at least a foot for ventilation systems and electrical.. I find the height of the building a little interesting myself.. Perhaps the Donald couldn't build any higher due to Airspace restrictions..

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations