HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 29, 2009, 2:20 AM

Whataburger In Downtown San Antonnio...?

Ok, so a funny thought popped into my head the other day as I was driving past Whataburger's Corportate Headquarters on 281 (the old Tesro HQ).

I thought since Whataburger is now headquartered in San Antonio they should really build/open a "signature" San Antonio restaurant in Downtown San Antonio...!

I know this may sound cheesy to some people, but I think it would be a great addition to downtown. Whataburger is no sleepy little fast food chain anymore; They operate nearly 700 locations in 10 states with sales of $1 billion annually. And it's all run from San Antonio (inside Loop 410!). Although I wish they would have rented downtown space, I think they should show their presence in the city with a one of a kind Whataburger Rest. in actual downtown. And if we can have a McDonald's in the middle of one of the most photographed areas of the city, then we can certainly have a Whataburger!

What do you all think? Good idea, bad idea? Any possible locations that would be good?

My Suggestions:

-Some where along Houston St. (not close to the Alamo)
-Some where along East Commerce

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio