HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
There's an announcement on social media that there is to be an unveiling of a statue NW of the stadium to 2 Rider legends on fan day this weekend. Sounds like the Lancaster-Reed type installation that a lot of fans were hoping to see happen.
Two statues. Near Gate 2 and 3 there are a couple of concrete blocks that were poured and cordoned off with barricades at the last B.C. game. I assume they're going there.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2017, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
There is a very large hard liquor concession you are missing, but I am not sharing online because the lines are really short!
Eventually it will be "found out". Head to the General Admission Lounge (Harvard Lounge), head to south/west corner behind food concessions and there's a huge alcohol concession with 3 tills. Premium and regular beer, wine, coolers, spirits, etc.

Sorry Stormer (I assume you're talking about this because there's never anyone there...). There's also a "private" bathroom for that area as well. No one ever in it!

Old Posted Sep 1, 2017, 5:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Fan View Post
Eventually it will be "found out". Head to the General Admission Lounge (Harvard Lounge), head to south/west corner behind food concessions and there's a huge alcohol concession with 3 tills. Premium and regular beer, wine, coolers, spirits, etc.

Sorry Stormer (I assume you're talking about this because there's never anyone there...). There's also a "private" bathroom for that area as well. No one ever in it!
Boo!

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Fan View Post

Ha! At the Bryan Adams concert me and a buddy found that bathroom. The concourse ones had lines out the door and the whole show we had a whole bathroom to ourselves.

The concession wasn't open though, that would have been icing on the cake!

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 7:00 PM

How true that it will eventually be found out! Ditto experience for my wife and me at the Bryan Adams event. While my wife was standing in the long women's line up, someone directed her to the lounge. Nice and quiet when we went late into Bryan Adams intermission, not even a line up out the door (there was a line up when we first arrived in the stadium looking for food), and pretty devoid of people inside, so we practically had the whole space to ourselves!

Is that area closed off or of limited access to the masses during a Rider game? Sorry, not a Riders season ticket holder -- probably won't make it to a game this year until the kids are a bit older, as none of them like a LOUD atmosphere like the Riders' games are famous for!

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
Two statues. Near Gate 2 and 3 there are a couple of concrete blocks that were poured and cordoned off with barricades at the last B.C. game. I assume they're going there.
I was totally wrong about this, those blocks were for signage.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff Bucket View Post

How true that it will eventually be found out! Ditto experience for my wife and me at the Bryan Adams event. While my wife was standing in the long women's line up, someone directed her to the lounge. Nice and quiet when we went late into Bryan Adams intermission, not even a line up out the door (there was a line up when we first arrived in the stadium looking for food), and pretty devoid of people inside, so we practically had the whole space to ourselves!

Is that area closed off or of limited access to the masses during a Rider game? Sorry, not a Riders season ticket holder -- probably won't make it to a game this year until the kids are a bit older, as none of them like a LOUD atmosphere like the Riders' games are famous for!
Nope - open to anyone (all ages) during Rider games.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 4:27 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
I was totally wrong about this, those blocks were for signage.
They are right in front of every gate. Looks like they're moving on the complaint about lack of signage/directions.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 8:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
Nope - open to anyone (all ages) during Rider games.
Thanks, Drofmab!

If the lounge is open to the public, then its seems its enclosure has given me the impression that it's an exclusive space. Is that a prevalent (popular or common) initial reaction by people to its enclosure during big events, even if it is meant just to mark off the lounge space and/or provide a quieter area, or is the lounge well populated?

Good on y'all who can presently claim exclusivity on the lounge, so you can avoid the line-ups!

Last edited by Scruff Bucket; Sep 7, 2017 at 8:30 AM.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff Bucket View Post
Thanks, Drofmab!

If the lounge is open to the public, then its seems its enclosure has given me the impression that it's an exclusive space. Is that a prevalent (popular or common) initial reaction by people to its enclosure during big events, even if it is meant just to mark off the lounge space and/or provide a quieter area, or is the lounge well populated?

Good on y'all who can presently claim exclusivity on the lounge, so you can avoid the line-ups!
They keep the doors closed because it is climate controlled, although it was hotter in there than outside on Sunday.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 6:25 PM

Quote:
They keep the doors closed because it is climate controlled, although it was hotter in there than outside on Sunday.
First couple of games, I noticed security at the doors - they were doing entry/exit counts. I assumed this was for maximum occupancy reasons (fire). I didn't notice them doing this at the most recent couple games, but I also wasn't looking.

It's a nice space - especially for extremely hot/cold games. I've seen a lot of families in there - sitting at tables, cooling down, & getting away from the noise, while still being able to keep an eye on the game (there are plenty of TVs in there).

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 10:01 PM

Any pictures of the old stadium being demo'd

Old Posted Sep 30, 2017, 1:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bess View Post
Any pictures of the old stadium being demo'd
From a few days ago
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...ield-1.4303876

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 3:51 PM

Any word of completion of the paved walkway from Mosaic to Albert Street along the tracks? I hope planting trees/landscaping is part of this.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Any word of completion of the paved walkway from Mosaic to Albert Street along the tracks? I hope planting trees/landscaping is part of this.
I do not believe there are any immediate plans or budget for this.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2017, 2:55 AM

Pats and Warriors set to meet Feb. 18 in outdoor game at Mosaic Stadium

Old Posted Oct 6, 2017, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicalRecession View Post
I love it and will be there, although it could be tough sell in Feb. It could be 30 below! I was at the first Heritage Classic in Edmonton. It was 20 below and everyone froze their asses off. Beer would freeze before you could drink it.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2017, 5:57 PM

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 5:15 AM

Saw some minor damage around New Mosaic tonight. signs and flag poles blown over. Roof seemed solid. Back up power was on. 119km gusts were probably the strongest in over 20 years.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 7:15 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Saw some minor damage around New Mosaic tonight. signs and flag poles blown over. Roof seemed solid. Back up power was on. 119km gusts were probably the strongest in over 20 years.
It was retry crazy when it blew through the Cathedral area, lots of broken branches on the streets.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan