HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 2, 2017, 4:36 PM

NEW HEADQUARTERS FOR FRENCH CONSTRUCTION COMPANY "VINCI"

330FT - 710.420 SQFT - 25 FLOORS

Architects : Marc Mimram & Jean-Paul Viguier

Old Posted Jul 2, 2017, 4:49 PM

WORLD'S LARGEST START-UP INCUBATOR HAS OFFICIALLY OPENED

Architect : Wilmotte & Associés

Developper : Xavier Niel (Owner of Newspaper "Le Monde" and CEO of Illiad)

THE BUILDING IS 1020FT LONG AND SPANS OVER 366.340 SQFT

Old Posted Jul 2, 2017, 5:58 PM

^ This is loud in the local business news this weekend.
They're advertising some kind of exciting "college-at-work atmosphere"coming up there, so to steak.
Lots of hungry youngsters expected in there. It makes you want to have good ideas and start a business! lol.

This in the 13th arrondissement, officially the hot spot in town at the moment also goes to people hating brutal stained concrete.
Really, it can be most contemporary, apparently friendly and stylish.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2017, 12:02 AM

Nice view of La Défense

Old Posted Jul 6, 2017, 10:55 AM

^ I hope towers planned to sit nearby wealthy Neuilly, namely the Link and Hermitage will show off shinier materials than those we've had so far for the 2010s.

Here's a closeup of the Link (#916 above). It's a large image, so I'd rather just post a link to it.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4281/3...3e93d1f8_o.jpg

This could be some nice change from the more generic and dated international style façades we had to the latest towers.

Frankly, I still feel a bit frustrated and angry at the looks of Carpe Diem in particular, starving for sleeker materials.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
^ I hope towers planned to sit nearby wealthy Neuilly, namely the Link and Hermitage will show off shinier materials than those we've had so far for the 2010s.

Here's a closeup of the Link (#916 above). It's a large image, so I'd rather just post a link to it.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4281/3...3e93d1f8_o.jpg

This could be some nice change from the more generic and dated international style façades we had to the latest towers.

Frankly, I still feel a bit frustrated and angry at the looks of Carpe Diem in particular, starving for sleeker materials.
Carpe Diem is indeed a bit of a snoozer in terms of materials. Actually I think it's a size of the window frames that make it look a bit outdated not to say 1980s-esque....

But look at Majunga or D2, they look amazing. I was watching an interview about Hermitage plaza and they were actually kind of pleased by the fact that it took so long to finally get permission to break ground because through al these years, they managed to get the necessary technology to make better glass and better techniques of construction which they say is going to enable them to build those two towers two years earlier than expected !!

Let's look at the bright side and not "french it up" by complaining about everything !

Old Posted Jul 6, 2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonParis View Post
Let's look at the bright side and not "french it up" by complaining about everything !
That's right. Let's turn our attitude into something positive, confident and welcoming at last, for an actual change. It would be some sweet relief and satisfaction.

Besides, I agree that D2 and Majunga look pretty decent.

Otherwise, Carpe Diem's materials came from China. So, I'm absolutely not against buying stuff from China when it's a better deal, but they could at least bring the best of theirs to us, huh. Cause they were unfair to the Carpe Diem façade in my humble opinion. They seem to do much better things in their own country.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2017, 1:53 PM

Bruneseau area in the 13th arrondissement of Paris is now fully under construction !

Here's one of the building currently under construction that won the International limited competition FIRST PRIZE and its program :

- Social Housing
- Studios for immigrants
- Nursery
- Offices
- Commercial space

Old Posted Jul 25, 2017, 1:55 PM

Forgot to post a picture of the actual site U/C :

Old Posted Jul 29, 2017, 6:13 PM

Found this tower proposal, it's suppose to replace the Novotel building :

BUILDING THAT WILL BE REPLACED :

TOWER PROPOSED :

Old Posted Sep 2, 2017, 12:16 PM

IDK whether this was ever posted on here, so here goes.
We had 2 renderings for a same residential project in La Défense, that would sit next door to the Majunga tower.

None of these would be the approved design, but they give us a clue about the actual thing to come up there.

I suppose apartments in there would be rather high-end and expensive, especially by the top of the towers, though not particularly meant for the super rich, unlike the residential top floors of the Hermitage project, for example.
I think if some middle class could afford this, it would be something good to begin with to bring residential high-rises back in business locally.

The 2 buildings would roughly be the same height as Défense 2000, currently the tallest residential of the district, or very slightly taller like 140m.
According to a guy in the construction business, the project would be reliable and likely to be implemented in the next years.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 8:05 PM

^ Got better renderings.

That's what I mean all the time. Build a few hundreds of these over here, then they would stop talking about harassing the local real estate market by their retarded regulations that are as oppressive as inept and ineffective.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonParis View Post
Bruneseau area in the 13th arrondissement of Paris is now fully under construction !

Here's one of the building currently under construction that won the International limited competition FIRST PRIZE and its program :

- Social Housing
- Studios for immigrants
- Nursery
- Offices
- Commercial space
Can you believe 2/3 of France's population are eligible to social housing in Central Paris?
That's a bloody mess.
I bet the hard-line French left wing establishment like ugly Mélenchon loves it. Those freaks want to take control of everything, up to one's home and privacy.
Fucking pervs... Ugly freaks! I swear I hate them as much as I hate the far right.

However, this program is neat. Funny, African folks in their traditional outfits on these renderings look like they hardly got off the immigrant boats.
Their kids won't dress the same, I can tell. Although I would if it wasn't controversial.
Their clothes are well designed, actually elegant and comfy.
Very nice, fashionable for the summer.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 9:38 PM

Tour Montparnasse refurbishment project finally unveiled :

Construction is set to begin in 2019 for a completion due in 2023

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 11:37 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Hmmmmmm, I kind of prefer it the way it is. There's no guarantee that this redesign is going to age any better.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Sep 25, 2017, 4:05 PM

Hi. They picked the design of the French consortium.
This is the runner-up, by Chicago-based Studio Gang Architects.

There were many more proposed designs, some apparently a little fanciful for a €300-million refurbishment that's probably intended to be mainly functional.
It is necessary since the tower was designed when oil and power were still cheap, prior the 1973 oil crash ; it no longer fits environmental standards at all.

Here's another example, Dominique Perrault seemed to suggest to turn it into a supertall.

Not a chance for now.

As long as the tower is alone, awkwardly out-of-place in the skyline, most won't like it anyway. It seems lone towers like this feel a bit dystopian like objects of domination of some sort or whatever negative. A real change would be to add more towers to the 14th-arrondissement side of the neighborhood. I think there is room for more tall things when they agree to demolish some deprecated stuff that's in the close 14th-arrondissement surroundings of the tower. Like those gross bars behind it.

This bit of the district is not particularly pleasant.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2017, 4:46 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Ohhhhh, man, the Studio Gang one would have been amazing.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Sep 30, 2017, 11:58 AM

mm... Idk.
My favorite was the MAD design.

That was slick, stylish. But it wouldn't make it to the final.

I think often, local outsider architecture firms complain about the fact that they wouldn't be given a chance to achieve anything big. They say everything noticeable goes to well established firms. That will not be the case this time. This is some commitment to our more underground firms. I suppose one should wait for real materials to judge them.

Moreover, the French didn't forget to put a couple of trees here and there onto their renderings. As dumb as it may be, that might have made a bit of a difference. They're well aware of the very overdone current trend. A little bit of wood over a crown is supposed to make you look like an environmentalist. In other words, marketing always matters very much in architecture.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2017, 8:28 PM

Some pictures of the latest buildings over Rive Gauche (13th arrondissement), by the pss-archi contributors, so you guys can see a bit of what happened over there for the past 6 or so months...

Same new row of offices, from the platforms of the Austerlitz rail terminal.

Some apartment buildings.

I think this is in brick, but you hardly can see cause it's so white.

I haven't even seen any of these completed yet.
Partial view of the contemporary district from the National Library (thx to Vincent).

Most of these things were built for the 2000s. There'll be some highrises in the background, nearby Ivry-sur-Seine.

There's a lot more to come... Like this modern whim by a French architect, for example.

Another oddity, some social housing or something to bring this post to an end.

You should see the district (Paris Rive Gauche, 13th arrondissement) for yourself when you visit the city.
A noticeable success of contemporary planning. It delivers in person, I can tell.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 1:27 AM

Those redesigns all look hideous Don't touch Montparnasse, there's nothing wrong with it. Just redesign the base à la Sears tower.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations