HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #8641  
Old Posted Jul 12, 2017, 4:23 AM
Jerry of San Fran's Avatar
Jerry of San Fran Jerry of San Fran is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 917
150 Van Ness Avenue - View from Polk St.

The 10th floor concrete pour has been done. The building will be 13 stories. The last concrete pour is scheduled for August - on schedule but a very tight one according to a foreman.

150 Van Ness Ave. - 2017_07_11
__________________
(Essex) Fox Plaza Resident Since 1971 (the building everyone loves to hate :>)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8642  
Old Posted Jul 12, 2017, 5:06 PM
gillynova gillynova is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
The 10th floor concrete pour has been done. The building will be 13 stories. The last concrete pour is scheduled for August - on schedule but a very tight one according to a foreman.

150 Van Ness Ave. - 2017_07_11
Thanks for the update! I wish buildings went up this fast in San Jose
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8643  
Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 12:52 AM
minesweeper minesweeper is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 586
Here's another rare project on the western half of the city: 3501 Geary aka One Stanyan, a 12 or 13-unit building with retail on former gas station site.



And this is what it will look like by the end of 2017, according to DeRose & Applebaum:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8644  
Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 7:39 PM
Reminiscence's Avatar
Reminiscence Reminiscence is online now
Green Berniecrat
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond/Eureka, CA
Posts: 1,689


I took this while on the 6th Street I-280 off-ramp (I wasn't driving!)
__________________
Reject the lesser evil and fight for the greater good like our lives depend on it, because they do!
-- Dr. Jill Stein, 2016 Green Party Presidential Candidate
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8645  
Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 8:19 PM
homebucket homebucket is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reminiscence View Post


I took this while on the 6th Street I-280 off-ramp (I wasn't driving!)
I actually don't mind the "balcony" look. It reminds me of the Pelli's other version in Santiago, although I guess it would be too edgy for SF's version which is more bodacious with its smooth, uninterrupted curves.


Source: https://aedesign.wordpress.com/2015/...antiago-chile/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8646  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2017, 4:41 AM
1977's Avatar
1977 1977 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 814
SF in the morning light:


San Francisco
by David Yu, on Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8647  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2017, 4:32 PM
colemonkee's Avatar
colemonkee colemonkee is offline
Ridin' into the sunset
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A. - Skid row adjacent
Posts: 7,103
^
__________________
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8648  
Old Posted Jul 24, 2017, 5:34 PM
gillynova gillynova is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 125
Some more photos of SF currently (Thanks Juan and SpiderBHZ):


Summer in San Francisco. by John Canning, on Flickr

San Francisco from above Huntington Park by Sergio Ruiz, no Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8649  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 3:24 AM
dirt patch dirt patch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 6
I kind of like the one in Santiago over Salesforce.com tower since it has more definition and beauty.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8650  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 3:26 AM
dirt patch dirt patch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
Some more photos of SF currently (Thanks Juan and SpiderBHZ):


Summer in San Francisco. by John Canning, on Flickr

San Francisco from above Huntington Park by Sergio Ruiz, no Flickr
I think the one in Santiago is more interesting than Salesforce tower.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8651  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 5:14 AM
pseudolus pseudolus is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mission Terrace, SF
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt patch View Post
I think the one in Santiago is more interesting than Salesforce tower.
I don't know if someone with a total of 5 posts is popping up just to s--tpost.

My main concern about the Salesforce Tower is how it's so big that it makes the rest of the skyline look tiny (I'm hoping the highrises to come ameliorate this somewhat). The Santiago one is even more disproportionate.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8652  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 6:51 AM
Pedestrian's Avatar
Pedestrian Pedestrian is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
My main concern about the Salesforce Tower is how it's so big that it makes the rest of the skyline look tiny (I'm hoping the highrises to come ameliorate this somewhat). The Santiago one is even more disproportionate.
Did you have the same concern about WTC1 in NYC? It does the same thing to lower Manhattan.

When I was young and used to visit NYC, I always thought it neat the way the Empire State stood above evrything else. It still does, at least until the current crop of supertalls are finished. I view Salesforce as our Empire State.

I was looking at a video of Jerry Brown signing his cap & trade legislation of Treasure Island today. In the background was the SF skyline with Salesforce prominent on the left and TransAmerica still sticking up on the right. Loved it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8653  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 4:20 PM
colemonkee's Avatar
colemonkee colemonkee is offline
Ridin' into the sunset
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A. - Skid row adjacent
Posts: 7,103
The Foster tower should alleviate that concern somewhat, and provide more connectivity to scale.
__________________
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8654  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 4:46 PM
pseudolus pseudolus is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mission Terrace, SF
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Did you have the same concern about WTC1 in NYC? It does the same thing to lower Manhattan.
I confess. In the late 1960s I did not post anything on the NYC threads about this.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8655  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 5:50 PM
Pedestrian's Avatar
Pedestrian Pedestrian is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
The Foster tower should alleviate that concern somewhat, and provide more connectivity to scale.
It's not a concern of mine: I love seeing the big boys sticking up proud and alone.

But of course Oceanwide and 550 Howard (aka TransBay Parcel F) will do the same for Salesforce.

Last edited by Pedestrian; Jul 26, 2017 at 6:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8656  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 7:46 PM
gillynova gillynova is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
I don't know if someone with a total of 5 posts is popping up just to s--tpost.

My main concern about the Salesforce Tower is how it's so big that it makes the rest of the skyline look tiny (I'm hoping the highrises to come ameliorate this somewhat). The Santiago one is even more disproportionate.
Don't worry. DP is known to be half troll/half serious in other forums of development
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8657  
Old Posted Jul 27, 2017, 12:47 AM
observatory's Avatar
observatory observatory is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 89
There's someone with the same username over at skyscraper city cheerleading for San Jose so that could the reason for his dislike for anything SF:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...282487&page=42
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8658  
Old Posted Jul 27, 2017, 7:37 PM
Pedestrian's Avatar
Pedestrian Pedestrian is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,454
So we don't forget how it's coming together:


http://sfocii.org/sites/default/file...emoAttach1.pdf

In passing I see 2 errors here: The Jean Gang "twisty tower" at 100 Folsom depicted appears to be the 300 ft version whereas the 400 ft version was approved and I don't see 550 Howard.

The former "tabletop" seems now thoroughly banished.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8659  
Old Posted Jul 27, 2017, 8:20 PM
viewguysf's Avatar
viewguysf viewguysf is offline
High on a Hill
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
In passing I see 2 errors here: The Jean Gang "twisty tower" at 100 Folsom depicted appears to be the 300 ft version whereas the 400 ft version was approved and I don't see 550 Howard.
75 Howard and perhaps 350 Bush are also missing, not to mention the Van Ness and Market cluster, though I know that's a different story.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8660  
Old Posted Jul 27, 2017, 8:30 PM
fimiak's Avatar
fimiak fimiak is offline
Build Baby Build
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 722
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:47 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.