HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #21  
Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 8:20 PM
oiler-dude's Avatar
oiler-dude oiler-dude is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 666
Last year during final project time at college, the campus Tim's got a workout. I was pulling 8AM - 1AM school days, so I was going there often.

I was, I kid you not... 0-53 before finally winning a doughnut.

0/1 this year, thanks to less stress, and being at a job where there isn't a Tim's attached to the building.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #22  
Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 8:49 PM
Danny D's Avatar
Danny D Danny D is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 116
Last year I was 0 - 30

This year I'm 2 - 14
__________________
Architectural Technologist Student - Confederation College
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #23  
Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 8:59 PM
Dmajackson's Avatar
Dmajackson Dmajackson is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: B3K Halifax, NS
Posts: 8,025
I've won one coffee this year so its around 1 / 10.

I work between a Timmy's and a MacDonalds and only ever go to the former. McD's coffee is crap and even though both stores are horrible for you at least Tim's taste like something other than grease. On average I go to Tim's five times a week and only go to McDonalds once to get a breakfast burrito before my morning shift on the weekend.
__________________
Halifax Developments Blog

- DJ
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24  
Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 9:13 PM
bulliver's Avatar
bulliver bulliver is offline
So very tired...
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Downtown Edmonton
Posts: 3,736
0/1, and the only reason I bought a cup of that shite coffee is because my boss gave me a prepaid tims card in lieu of a Christmas bonus. I'm spending the rest of the balance on doughnuts....
__________________
Support the mob or mysteriously disappear...
Ipernity | Recent SSP Photo threads:
Two Days in Winnipeg | Stuff I've seen so far this year in Edmonton | Rural Alberta Advantage | Edmonton AB - Third Quarter 2011
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #25  
Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 9:17 PM
vanman's Avatar
vanman vanman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 5,064
My good buddy's dad's coworker just won a car last week so that got my whole circle of friends into buying timmys coffees haha. But I'm still getting my free Mcds coffee like clockwork.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #26  
Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 9:43 PM
MrSlippery519 MrSlippery519 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 788
The last 2 years only donuts and coffee, however 3 years ago I won a BBQ which was great.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #27  
Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 10:11 PM
Canadian Mind's Avatar
Canadian Mind Canadian Mind is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,921
I've never won once. :\
__________________
"you're eating chicken periods" - Vid
"I love eggs, especially the ones with runny yolks" - Me
"EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, you're disgusting!" - Vid
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #28  
Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 10:21 PM
Black Star's Avatar
Black Star Black Star is offline
Made in Edmonton
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 4,439
1 FOR 4. McDonald's coffee is way better than Timmie's.

McDonald's I'm 0 for 50 this year... But I win everytime I have a sausage McMuffin with egg.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #29  
Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 10:22 PM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is online now
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 33,337
CALTRANE IS 1 FOR 1!

(I won a free coffee)

__________________
Learn Here about the 200 Skyscrapers U/C in Toronto The Toronto Skyscraper Blog
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #30  
Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 10:31 PM
dancinb dancinb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 382
I've never had a Tim Horton's coffee.

When I hear people talk about it, it seems like more of a competition as to how many coffees you've actually BOUGHT than how many you've won.

Everything about the "contest" leaves a taste in my mouth that is worse than what I imagine their coffee ever could.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #31  
Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 11:39 PM
vid's Avatar
vid vid is offline
Because it's 2015.
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 37,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulliver View Post
0/1, and the only reason I bought a cup of that shite coffee is because my boss gave me a prepaid tims card in lieu of a Christmas bonus. I'm spending the rest of the balance on doughnuts....
Sell the card. That's what I do when people give them to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinb View Post
I've never had a Tim Horton's coffee.

When I hear people talk about it, it seems like more of a competition as to how many coffees you've actually BOUGHT than how many you've won.

Everything about the "contest" leaves a taste in my mouth that is worse than what I imagine their coffee ever could.
That's the point of the contest: Get people to spend lots of money at Tim Hortons. The prizes are secondary.
__________________
Toronto & HamiltonThunder Bayother photos | my geofiction | random things | skyscraper diagrams
It's not about what you don't have—it's the little you're given, and how far you can run with it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #32  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 12:23 AM
feepa's Avatar
feepa feepa is offline
Change is good
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,622
eh hey zee zed about aboot to roll up the rim Rim RIM!!!

I don't even consider tim hortons Canadian anymore. It's certainly not 'fresh baked in store' either. The only reason people keep drinking their coffee is because they don't know they've been addicted to nicotine they put in their coffee/slop.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #33  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 12:54 AM
bulliver's Avatar
bulliver bulliver is offline
So very tired...
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Downtown Edmonton
Posts: 3,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
Sell the card. That's what I do when people give them to me.
Ha! Didn't realize there was a market for black market tims prepaid cards. Where do you sell them? How do you convince people the balance is what you say it is?

If anyone is interested the balance is $28 and change...I'll let it go for $25
__________________
Support the mob or mysteriously disappear...
Ipernity | Recent SSP Photo threads:
Two Days in Winnipeg | Stuff I've seen so far this year in Edmonton | Rural Alberta Advantage | Edmonton AB - Third Quarter 2011
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #34  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 12:57 AM
whiteford's Avatar
whiteford whiteford is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,530
i love the brew, but i have never won a thing in all these years. not even a god damm dognut. damm.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #35  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 1:39 AM
MolsonExport's Avatar
MolsonExport MolsonExport is offline
The Vomit Bag.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Tropic of Sir Galahad
Posts: 29,574
ahh, vid is mocking me. I can't stand the pain!


Sooo lemme understand. If you are a customer, you should not voice complaints. wish I could be so high and mighty and just avoid every company that annoys me (hell, there may be one or two left in the whole world).

Two coffees a day (of the weak TH brew) is far from extreme...compared to most professors. There are 16 Tim Horton's on Campus.

Quote:
That's the point of the contest: Get people to spend lots of money at Tim Hortons. The prizes are secondary.
Brilliant!
__________________
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. John Kenneth Galbraith
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere.Elie Wiesel

Last edited by MolsonExport; Mar 4, 2011 at 2:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #36  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 1:42 AM
manny_santos's Avatar
manny_santos manny_santos is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Willowdale
Posts: 3,052
I've won once this year. I've already lost track of how many coffees I've had.

Last year I won exactly once, and it wasn't even at home. I won a donut at a Tim Hortons in Toronto. In 2009 my winning percentage was close to 50%.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #37  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 2:55 AM
eternallyme eternallyme is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,243
There are over 250,000,000 contest cups so the chances are quite low for anything other than coffee and donuts...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #38  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 3:12 AM
Wharn's Avatar
Wharn Wharn is offline
Torontonian Refugee
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxy County
Posts: 981
Here I was, thinking I was the only person who called it "Roll up the Rim to Lose".

0/12 reporting in, last year it was literally 0/31. I swear to God Tim Hortons sends a higher percentage of loser cups to the universities, either that or I just have shit luck with this contest.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #39  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 4:17 AM
youngregina's Avatar
youngregina youngregina is offline
Edan
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rosscarrock
Posts: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaletown_fella View Post
Does anyone find Tim Hortons doubles doubles very inconsistent in proportion depending on location? I loathe when I'm given 3 parts cream and 1 sugar and I've left the store and already on the subway. Seriously, most of the workers are retarded.
Hey, I used to work there.... but its not the workers that are retarded. It's the inconsistent machines that dispense the cream/milk/sugar. We use huge 2 gallon bags of cream. However, the less cream there is in the dispenser, the less pressure there is to push the cream out. So when the dispenser is almost empty, next to nothing comes out. However, we aren't aloud to change the bag until it is COMPLETELY empty. The same goes for the sugar dispensers too. They get clogged way too easily as well. Every location gets the same machines. It's just if you get there right after it was refilled vs. as soon as its empty. That's why it is always different. However, your are also right in saying some of the workers are retarded,, they hire the worst people (well at my location anyways) that actually find it so hard to lift a spoon and stir the goddamn cup of coffee that I've handed them. BUT, that doesn't go to say that the customers aren't just as retarded. They come in, asking for the strangest shit and actually do not listen to you in the least. If you tell them we are out of something, they will keep asking for it. Or will come back saying their coffee is burnt, when I can assure them it is nothing of the sort. Or they bitch and whine when they don't give me enough change, saying its cheap so I should just give it to them anyways. I always retort, because its so cheap, you should be able to afford it... It's not like it's fun on our side when half of canada comes whirring in and out of your doors, and you have to make thousands of coffees a day. It sucks.
__________________
#YYC
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #40  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 5:08 AM
The_Architect's Avatar
The_Architect The_Architect is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 3,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharn View Post
Here I was, thinking I was the only person who called it "Roll up the Rim to Lose".

0/12 reporting in, last year it was literally 0/31. I swear to God Tim Hortons sends a higher percentage of loser cups to the universities, either that or I just have shit luck with this contest.
Last year at uni I was batting above .600, it surprised me quite a bit.
__________________
Hope is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:42 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.