HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 7:29 PM

2 Updates

Fiserv considering four area sites for its corporate HQ

Quote:
Brookfield-based Fiserv Inc. has narrowed its search for a new corporate headquarters to four locations and will likely make a decision on its new location by the end of the month, according to numerous commercial real estate sources.

The Fortune 500 financial services technology developer has been considering proposals from several real estate developers since April to develop a 120,000 to 150,000-square-foot Class A office building.

Wisconsin wines and dines Foxconn as state emerges as top site for mega-plant

Quote:
Wisconsin has emerged as a top potential site for a major investment from Taiwanese electronics giant Foxconn, drawing multiple visits from top executives and boosting private hopes of the state winning a once-in-a-generation opportunity.

Wisconsin still faces competition from multiple states and could have to provide enormous incentives to land a plant from Foxconn Technology Group under a potentially tight timeline.

But extensive interviews show that Wisconsin has gotten intense vetting in recent weeks, with Foxconn executives traveling the state to see potential sites and talking with everyone from politicians and local economic development officials to higher education leaders. That includes a visit in recent days from the company's legendary founder and chairman Terry Gou, who has said Foxconn would make a decision in July.
By the end of the month, we should know the direction of 2 larger projects; Fiserv's HQ and Foxconn. Foxconn is on a whole different level and would change the entire game in the Milwaukee Metro area. Fiserv on the other hand, would be a great HQ for the city to lure downtown. I was hoping Fiserv would get Washington Square built but that doesn't look like the case. If it's down to Schlitz Park or Reed Street Yards, I think I hope they end up at Reed Street but I would be happy with either. It would be awesome for the city to lure a Fortune 500 HQ into the city from the burbs. Then again if I'm being really honest (and selfish), I truly hope they locate in Tosa. Either way, by then end of the month, more good news should be coming out of the Milwaukee area.

The current boom shows absolutely no signs of slowing down. If anything, it seems as if it is about to get way more intense. Now we just need JCI, Marcus, HKS, Masonic, and WEC to show their hands....

Old Posted Jul 15, 2017, 4:11 AM

Caught wind of another 1,000,000+ sq ft warehouse to be built in SE Wisconsin. This one in Racine County though. Don't really know if I should (or can) say much more so I won't other than.....it's a local company (already a presence in-state) and it ain't Foxconn...

Old Posted Jul 15, 2017, 2:29 PM
The City

^ Cool. Huge warehouses are nice but they don't really employ a lot of people

Old Posted Jul 15, 2017, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
^ Cool. Huge warehouses are nice but they don't really employ a lot of people
Except when they are Amazon and employ 2500 people.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2017, 4:03 PM
Chicago picture-taker

Milwaukee Bucks Arena - Wisconsin Entertainment & Sports Center

More photos than anyone needs of construction on the Bucks' new arena, next to the Bradley Center. http://wp.me/p7uLxw-3H6

Twitter: @buildupchicago

Last edited by danielschell; Jul 18, 2017 at 9:45 PM. Reason: Spellcheck

Old Posted Jul 18, 2017, 5:28 PM

^^^^^^

Nice pics man.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2017, 9:24 PM
Chicago picture-taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan15 View Post
^^^^^^

Nice pics man.
Much appreciated

Twitter: @buildupchicago

Old Posted Jul 19, 2017, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan15 View Post
Now we just need JCI, Marcus, HKS, Masonic, and WEC to show their hands....
I would love for Marcus to build at the end of Water St. I have always said that the design is a perfect bookend to the downtown.

But I have also learned that having faith in Marcus Corp is like kicking water uphill.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations