HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted May 5, 2008, 1:41 AM

Indent

(hahahahahaha I indented the word indent HAHAHAHAHAHAAh im so funnyHahahahahahahaaha PMSLWROFLhahahahahahah)
yeah...

Is it croocked? it appears to have a tilt in the third pic.

Old Posted May 5, 2008, 3:31 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Anyways...

Yeah it's supposed to lean towards the street. I like it but it's the design that offers the least amount of space.

Old Posted May 7, 2008, 3:16 AM
Registered Lurker

Hole or indent, both would look good.

I don't think the leaning tower look is good though. I suppose you could make a story behind it, like how the leaning tower of Pisa had a bad foundation.

Old Posted May 9, 2008, 12:53 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Aha. No. The foundation was fine and a skyscraper that size with new materials would've collapsed if it had leaned that far. I like the first and last but Idk. I'm lazy so I don't wanna detail both of them to see what they look like and then I don't wanna have to delete one.

Anyways.I started to work on another city but I won't show it for a while.

Old Posted May 9, 2008, 11:26 PM

I hope you don't abandon this city, I really like. But at the same time, I can't wait to see the next city. Whichever city it is, I can't wait to see the next (or first) update.

Old Posted May 10, 2008, 1:25 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

I won't abandon this city. I'm just working on a neighboring city. Maybe I'll start a new thread but Idk cause it's gonna be mostly port. I won't work on it much cause I've been working on a house and a single skyscraper but we'll see.

Old Posted May 10, 2008, 1:49 AM
Registered Lurker

That's good you won't just ditch this one. Maybe you will connect the two sometime since they are neighboring cities.

When do you plan to reveal this house? i am assuming it will be very detailed because of the time it is taking.

Old Posted May 10, 2008, 1:56 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Well, IDK. The house won't come for a while. I get bored of working on the same thing as I said before. But yeah, I'm gonna try to make it very detailed. I don't think I'll be able to connect the two cities because they would make my computer run slow when they're both filled in but who knows. I'll see.

Old Posted May 15, 2008, 4:39 PM

i know what you mean, but this city is cool, so you could indeed work on a neighboring region and then connect them. That's what I did with the Port and Beachfront when I got tired of the Peninsula.

Old Posted May 21, 2008, 2:04 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Old Posted May 21, 2008, 2:33 AM

that building looks awsome, and the colors make it a little cyberpunk, like almoast a night shot. I asume it's the medical center?

Old Posted May 22, 2008, 3:23 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

These next ones aren't rendered. And yeah, you're right Vertical. I got tired of waiting. Plus I just wanted to show the city.

Anyways, change to textured?

Keep untextured?

Or mix both? Ish?

Old Posted May 22, 2008, 3:27 AM

the texture's nicer. is it light?

Old Posted May 22, 2008, 7:44 PM

textured

Old Posted May 23, 2008, 3:22 AM
Registered Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 View Post
Awesome hospital design!!!

Old Posted May 24, 2008, 4:09 AM
Desert Dweller

Ah, so realalistic

Old Posted Jun 7, 2008, 8:53 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

So I've been really lazy lately and I haven't worked on this city. I had thought about going to textures but I'm still not sure yet cause mines look bad from far away and good from near by.
Anyways, here's the first building in a while. The newest addition to Port Pacific is the Maria Cleofas Police Department. The building was finished last month to house the states (islands) police headquarters. The building is 255 feet tall and has a total of 19 floors (one is on the roof). It has 2 heliports and is located in El Estatdo (The State is the part of the city where the states main buildings like the Capitol, the Federal Court House, etc. are on, it dos not include city hall, city court house etc.).

The East and West sides of the building have a sideways-stairs like facade which allows the building to be equally sized as a rectangular one but still allowing enough public space and to allow light to enter otherwise shady areas.

Although the building looks thing it is actually large for it's height. The MCPD is the has the largest average square footage per floor up to date. The whole building was designed to be large rather than tall because the State District does not allow buildings over 300 feet tall. There is only one building taller than 300 feet tall which is the Maria Cleofas Capitol Building.

During the nighttime for 6 hours the building displays a light show on the West wing of the building. The West wing had dozens of glass panels which change color throughout the show. The panels are lit by LED lights which waste less energy than any light bulb out there and last longer. Solar panels on the roof light 10% of the building but solar panels in the mountain provide the rest of the electricity. It is the 5th largest building to completely get it's electricity from solar panels in the city.

It's not a court, or a jail, or the cities police department but the entire islands police headquarters unit place thingy. And sorry about the crappy GIF image. I couldn't figure it out how to make the slides fade out instead of slide out. Plus Kerk adds those stupid lights out of nowhere.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2008, 9:27 PM

very nice design!
i like the idea of the lightshow but it seems a bit unrealistic that the police is installing a lightshow in their building^^

Old Posted Jun 7, 2008, 9:39 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

Mehh.. It's not the whole building. It's not even like a big thing just Kerk makes everything change. The only thing that change colors are the glass panels on the side which many buildings already have. And it's only supposed to be like a slow-fade color change but like I said the program I use doesn't have fade outs.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2008, 9:40 PM
World Machine

Very creative building and aspects that go along with it. It has a very sleek design and a classy touch. I also love the fact that it's a lowrise. Very well done with this one.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup