HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Mar 23, 2008, 10:59 PM

will the entire building be covered in stucco or just that top part? and the rest with other material? That would look a little odd to me.

Either way I can't wait til this one opens up.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2008, 11:04 PM
Hammer'd

I'm pretty sure they're done with the stucco. They should be keeping the original stone on the lower parts. The building isn't gonna change much from it's current state, they're just working on windows and doors now and I suppose they might sandblast the stone a bit more or something.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Mar 24, 2008, 1:04 AM
Closed account

lookin good on the inside. I could see in tonight with the interior lights on. second floor looks to be almost done on the interior. this will be the newest hotspot come summertime....rooftop patio, here I come!!

Old Posted Mar 27, 2008, 2:39 PM
Closed account

London Taps is putting up their signs this morning. Looks great!

Old Posted Mar 27, 2008, 4:11 PM
Closed account

^^ Oh, when I cuaght my bus @ 7:25am, the 'London Tap House' letters were all up. Does look great! The building needs a good wash tho!

Old Posted Mar 27, 2008, 4:36 PM
Closed account

looks like they have a sign facing Main and another one facing John.
I can't wait for this place to open. Just imagine if Stinson does a 50+ storey tower next door, you'll be able to sit on the rooftop patio and stare straight up at Hamilton's tallest scraper.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2008, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC83 View Post
^^ Oh, when I cuaght my bus @ 7:25am, the 'London Tap House' letters were all up. Does look great! The building needs a good wash tho!
The south-facing letters seem a little wonky, but maybe that's what they're going for. And for whatever it's worth, they've been powerwashing that building for weeks.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2008, 5:35 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistleclub View Post
The south-facing letters seem a little wonky, but maybe that's what they're going for. And for whatever it's worth, they've been powerwashing that building for weeks.
really?? haha Yikes. I can still see the old paint-on ads that used to be on the side of the bldg. Whatever. Still looking better than it did when it was empty!

Old Posted Mar 27, 2008, 7:50 PM
Closed account

the signs look fine to me.
they are painting the window frames or sanding them...can't quite tell what they're doing.

also, off topic, but I noticed the honest lawyer looks like it's going to light up the night soon based on the incredible number of light fixtures they've just put up over their sign.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2008, 8:10 PM
Hammer'd

They're painting the window frames, they were doing it yesterday as well. Looks nice. Makes them look a bit older.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Mar 27, 2008, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC83 View Post
really?? haha Yikes. I can still see the old paint-on ads that used to be on the side of the bldg. Whatever. Still looking better than it did when it was empty!
I liked that – a ghost of a ghost sign, tough to make out but it lends an extra air of authenticity. And when I say "wonky" I guess I'm referring to how the letters read from oblique angle, specifically Bowen Street. When I stopped to have a look, it seemed like not all of them were on the same parallel plane.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2008, 9:42 PM
Closed account

yea, the windows do look older. along with the wooden doors, this place is gonna be awesome!
I sure hope those metal sliding walls are for opening up to the street (although I'd be interested to see what it's like to sit inside that Main st sliding window - you'd be yelling your conversation the whole time).

Old Posted Mar 28, 2008, 1:35 AM

Anyone know what is up with that Gallagher's place on John? There's a zoning sign plastered on the front door now.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2008, 1:42 AM

had a problem with their liquor license application, so that's been part of the delay. also they bought the building next door and are delayed due to higher costs of putting a kitchen in there. perhaps the zoning application is in relation to that...

Old Posted Mar 28, 2008, 2:16 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisethehammer View Post
yea, the windows do look older. along with the wooden doors, this place is gonna be awesome!
I sure hope those metal sliding walls are for opening up to the street (although I'd be interested to see what it's like to sit inside that Main st sliding window - you'd be yelling your conversation the whole time).
Way, way back in the year of 1997AD, I used to bartend at Sundried Tomatoes, and we used to have the door open to the patio. It was a bit loud from Main ST, but not so bad. I'm glad the Tap House has this sliding glass door thingie--it'll be terrific.

Would any adventurous Digital Canon Rebel/Nikon/Kodak Instamatic owner be willing to post a photo or two of the Tap House for the poor out-of-towners now that the LTH is sporting signs, huh pleasepleaseplease?

Old Posted Mar 28, 2008, 2:54 AM
Closed account

yea, I remember sundried tomatoes and that sliding wall....it faced John St though right??
London Taps has a couple facing John and one FACING main! yikes. let's hope parking is allowed on the street there or you might end up eating a side of steel coil with your salad.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2008, 2:59 AM
Hammer'd

About 3 or 4 years ago I remember passing Sundried Tomatoes and noticing that a Mustang had slammed into the corner of the building. A couple weeks later the place went out of business and closed (possibly related, possibly not). The car didn't do much damage to the building, but still...

Old Posted Mar 28, 2008, 3:10 AM
Closed account

London Taps looks 100 times better tonight than it did a week ago. I'm really impressed with these guys. Can't wait for it to open.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2008, 3:13 AM
Closed account

brand spanking new pics from today:

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search...43133&view=all

I LOVE all the wood, stone and brick. Wow. This place is gonna rock.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2008, 3:46 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisethehammer View Post
brand spanking new pics from today:

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search...43133&view=all

I LOVE all the wood, stone and brick. Wow. This place is gonna rock.
Much obliged, RTH.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation