HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 2:08 PM

Isn't this where County Downs is adding new lots or is it further to the west of CD?

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bystander1
It is bounded by Perry Hill Rd. (the office park) on the west, I-85 on the south, and East Blvd. (Sam's Club) on the east. Prime midtown real estate that's ripe for some type of large-scale New urban residential/shopping development. Probably just a matter of which developer finally snaps it up first.
Excellent application for Google Earth. If you've got it, it's easy to see where this land is.

The northern edge of this is the County Down Development. They're planting houses fast back there, but there does seem to be a definite southern boundary to the development. There's been a sign for Apartments on the 85 side of it forever, but no sign of that going in.

As for some type of mixed use development, I'm not sure what anyone could do without direct access to any major roads. It would take a new through road from the Hardee's on Perry Hill to Sam's on the Boulevard.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 3:19 PM

Who owns the property? It looks like it merges into the property owned by the Marshall's but I didn't think they owned the land up to the interstate.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 3:23 PM
Witty comment fail

besides the obvious traffic fubar that would occur on the Bypass side, imagine how much better (more compact and accessible) it would have been had East Chase been built on this tract.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 3:46 PM
Witty comment fail

Most of it is owned by the 'FHM Company' (and I've just confirmed that that is the LLC for the Marshall family).

www.emapsplus.com and public tax records are your friends

Last edited by thoraudio; Nov 15, 2006 at 3:56 PM.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 4:07 PM
Midtown Montgomery

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilson
What bounds it to the North?
Basically I-85 runs north/south through the city, so it is bounded by 85 on the north and the south.

I hope this land is made useful... I'm sure there is enough to make a whole new large scale development.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 4:12 PM
Witty comment fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Duckz
Basically I-85 runs north/south through the city, so it is bounded by 85 on the north and the south.

I hope this land is made useful... I'm sure there is enough to make a whole new large scale development.
no... 85 to the south, County downs to the north, Perry Hill (actually Colonial business park) to the west, and Bypass (Sams Club) to the east.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 4:16 PM
Midtown Montgomery

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoraudio
no... 85 to the south, County downs to the north, Perry Hill (actually Colonial business park) to the west, and Bypass (Sams Club) to the east.
Ahhhh I understand now--I was basically describing the tract of land to be on top of the interstate, lol.

So exactly how far from 85 is County Downs residential?

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 4:21 PM
Witty comment fail

from the rearmost houses, about 3/4 of a mile

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 4:22 PM
Midtown Montgomery

Access this Yahoo map link to see the tract. http://maps.yahoo.com/beta/#maxp=sea...2.365898&mag=6

I also centered the map on the tract. You can see it right above 85 inbetween Perry Hill Road & the Boulevard.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2006, 6:19 AM

Quote:
besides the obvious traffic fubar that would occur on the Bypass side, imagine how much better (more compact and accessible) it would have been had East Chase been built on this tract.
Ahh, my thoughts exactly. I've wondered the same thing for years.
It would have been better at controlling sprawl than the current EastChase location.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2006, 6:50 AM
Midtown Montgomery

What's everyones opinion on the best use for this tract?

A new stadium to seat 20,000 plus would be nice.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2006, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Duckz
What's everyones opinion on the best use for this tract?

A new stadium to seat 20,000 plus would be nice.

With my living at the back end of County Downs, I'd prefer more of a mixed-use development of some kind rather than a stadium. With the expansion of County Downs, there's been much fear that County Downs Road will eventually be extended to tie in with the former Colonial Park on Perry Hill Rd. We are close enough to I-85 to hear the traffic at times and even the PA announcer from Trinity football games.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2006, 10:28 PM

New Stores

I noticed some new stores going in behind Dreamland and IHOP on Atlanta Highway. One is right next to the Fred's and the other is in the old Bruno's building. Any info. on what these are? Also, Jalapenos is going in the old Appelebees spot in Eastdale Mall and they're putting in a Brewster's across from Walmart on Atlanta Highway. Any word on when groundbreaking will be for East Chase Market Center?

Old Posted Nov 21, 2006, 11:16 PM
Witty comment fail

our thought is that it may be Freddie B's going in the Bruno... Freddie B's is a dave and buster's style place... but we're not sure.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2006, 3:00 PM
Witty comment fail

Info on Cloverdale area. There's also suppose to be a community meeting tonite to discuss the possible developments close to Huntingdon.

Quote:
Development boosts district

By David Irvin
Montgomery Advertiser

A new development in Cloverdale has captured the attention of local business owners looking to reinvent their image or who just want to find another location to set up shop.

City Loft Corp. is leasing space at its mixed-use building project on Cloverdale Road at the site of the old A&P grocery store. The project will include 16 residential lofts -- from 1,000 square feet to 2,400 square feet -- and about 28,000 square feet of retail or commercial office space, said owners Harvi Sahota and Anna Lowder.

The company has developed condominiums in downtown Montgomery, a project that complements the city core revitalization project.

McAlpine Tankersley Architecture, the firm that designed the series of buildings at the A&P site, will move into the second-floor office space of one of the large buildings facing Cloverdale Road.

The Nancy Paterson Bistro, a local restaurant, will move into a 5,000-square-foot slot in the next building, about 25 yards from the popular restaurant Derk's Filet and Vine.

"I want this area to remain strong," said bistro owner Nancy Paterson. "And while I think it is great that the east side is booming, what Anna and Harvi are doing is very progressive. It is going to be a great shot in the arm for that side of town."

City Loft Corp. will begin selling residential units in January. The smallest unit will sell for about $200,000, the developers said, and the price will increase with the size of the property.

The front two structures -- the Atlantic and Pacific buildings, named after the A&P grocery store that occupied the land decades ago -- will be complete by April, which will allow the new tenants to move in by the end of spring.

"We were very interested in making sure we had a range of unit sizes because we want there to be a good mix of ages and income levels," Lowder said.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2006, 8:35 PM
Midtown Montgomery

ASU also has some construction/renovation going on... that whole area is kinda bustling and there is plenty of work going on.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2006, 3:39 PM

RSA HQ Updated Pics

Parking Deck going in...

HQ

My future office....supposedly...after HQ is finished.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2006, 2:48 PM
Witty comment fail

looking good.

It seemed like it took them forever for the first two floors... then they started putting up a floor every week and a half or so.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2006, 4:21 PM
Midtown Montgomery

Quote:
looking good.

It seemed like it took them forever for the first two floors... then they started putting up a floor every week and a half or so.
Is that 6 of the 8 completed? Doesn't look as if it will be very tall or even viewable from the riverfront.....

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast