HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 16, 2019, 1:42 PM
somewhere in-between

10 Ionia is under-construction, by the way. Foundations have been proceeding for the past few months. This photo from May 29, courtesy of MJLO at UrbanPlanet.

Source: Flickr

Old Posted Jun 16, 2019, 2:09 PM
somewhere in-between

This hasn't been discussed on this forum yet, but Amway Grand Plaza is receiving a major facelift ($40 million), in the form of an entire re-cladding. The work is intense enough to justify the temporary installation of a crane on the sloped roof of the existing tower (which occurred over the past few months). Some impressive images below that I snagged from UrbanPlanet forumers.

Source: WoodTV8

From Friday, June 12 -

Source: UrbanPlanet | Courtesy ZAP!

From April 4 -

Source: UrbanPlanet | Courtesy GRDadof3

From March 29 -

Source: UrbanPlanet | Courtesy GRDadof3

Old Posted Jul 19, 2019, 9:26 PM

MSU Embarks on Next Phase of Grand Rapids Innovation Park to Boost Medical Research

Quote:
The Michigan State University Grand Rapids Innovation Park, which opened in 2017, will add a second phase that includes 200,000 square feet of new R&D and office space along with a 600-car parking structure. A third building is being planned.

MSU is joined in the project by Health Innovation Partners, and together they focus on developing public-private partnerships to bring new drug and therapy discoveries to market. The new building is slated to open in late 2021.

Health Innovation Partners is a real estate development joint venture between Rockford Construction, MB Real Estate, and Walsh Construction/Walsh Investors. SmithGroup is lead architect. Together, the partners work on research, testing, and commercialization of new therapies and medical devices.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 4:55 AM

Residence Inn construction from July 9 by joeDowntown on UrbanPlanet:

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 1:35 PM
somewhere in-between

^ This is an interesting project in several ways - the lot shape, building size, and the construction methods employed (round steel tube structures, pre-fab concrete, etc). I find it interesting that the outer shell is preceding the interior structure. I'm sure it will start to make more sense as it progresses, it just seems atypical for Michigan.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 2:22 PM

Yeah, there's all kinds of goofy stuff going on in there.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2019, 5:40 PM
somewhere in-between

^ Building on this, the following article provides some interesting historical context for the site, and how we got to where we are today with its redevelopment.

Quote:
Brownfield approval moves forward new MSU-affiliated medical innovation building
Estelle Slootmaker | Rapid Growth Media
August 1, 2019

...Last week’s City of Grand Rapids’ Brownfield Redevelopment Authority approval will provide approximately $29 million for the site and launch construction of the 200,000-square-foot Grand Rapids Innovation Park medical innovation building. The project is expected to attract $83 million in private investments and create 250 to 300 new jobs...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations