HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > General Discussion

Old Posted May 30, 2008, 12:26 AM

i've never even heard of rachel ray before, but this is just absolutely ridiculous. but that's your right wing for you: spending their energy on the possibility that someone might be wearing something resembling clothing worn in the middle east. what a bunch of pathetic losers.

Old Posted May 30, 2008, 2:52 AM

^WoW...never? She is like the girl next door Martha Stewart. And I have one of her 30 Minute Meal cookbooks...muy bien!

Old Posted May 30, 2008, 2:59 AM

I heard about this, and it's just downright sad. The way the right wingers piss their pants at the mere sight of anything Arab is a huge reason why I'm not a Republican anymore.

Aparently a yard of fabric is all it takes to send the GOP hiding under their beds. Party of national security my ass.

Old Posted May 30, 2008, 6:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post
^WoW...never?
never. but i don't watch tv (i assume she's on tv somewhere).

now that i think about it, i'm glad this is happening, because 1) it shows how desperate the republicans are, 2) it shows they haven't thought of any new tricks - this is the same shit they've been doing forever and 3) i think the country has reached a tipping point where, except for the true idiots, like my dad for example, fewer and fewer people buy into the fearmongering. at least here among young (ish) people in portland oregon.

Old Posted May 30, 2008, 6:36 AM
Kicking a** since 1907

Old Posted May 30, 2008, 2:10 PM
Now in Portland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsider View Post
Bostons the same way, you cant go ANYWHERE that doesnt smell of donuts and breakfast food. My aunt lives near a busy intersection and there is a DD within a mile in three directions.
I know of at least one location near Boston where there's a DD on each side of a busy street so people don't have to turn around or turn left to pick up their morning coffee! Just be glad you don't have orange and pink plastic DD signs all over the place in Portland....

Old Posted May 30, 2008, 5:20 PM

Isn't DD headquartered out of Canton, MA? When I vacationed in Boston they were like Starbucks in Seattle....every block, it seemed. Anyway, the scarf thing is asinine. I feel like purchasing one and wearing it over my rain jacket.

Old Posted May 30, 2008, 5:41 PM

I am an American born muslim and I find this ethnic scarf controversy thing hilarious.

Old Posted May 30, 2008, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeplayer1989 View Post
I am an American born muslim and I find this ethnic scarf controversy thing hilarious.
Hilarious...wish I could feel the same way. It sickens me that this country is still so backward. Living in Chicago I have gotten hooked on DD's new hashbrowns and personal pizzas...but I broke off our relationship yesterday.

I refuse to support a company that supports terrorism...which is exactly what they did when the cowtowed to the right wing extreme terrorist in this country.

Old Posted May 31, 2008, 6:59 AM

totally, these neocons r the REAL terrorists, BUSH=war criminal/international terrorist. It is our presence in the middle east that agitate the extremist muslim groups to form and grow. 1 more thing, dont believe the propaganda that there were terrorists in iraq b4 we went, bush attracted them there. IM DONE DD ROCKS, voodoo is better

Old Posted May 31, 2008, 8:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificNW View Post
Isn't DD headquartered out of Canton, MA? When I vacationed in Boston they were like Starbucks in Seattle....every block, it seemed. Anyway, the scarf thing is asinine. I feel like purchasing one and wearing it over my rain jacket.
I think it's actually Randolph, MA. I used to live in Milton which is right near these towns. DD is one thing I don't miss now that I'm in Portland. The neon and pink signs are just wrong for New England. They mar the urban landscape bad. Starbucks might be a bigger more evil corporate giant but at least they aren't so garish., and they have nicer interiors. On the other hand in Miami, Dunkin Donuts looks good.

Also need to mention DD has some of the worst coffee ever. It's worse than 7-11 (which I actually like). Nobody sane drinks DD coffee black, they load it with cream and sugar, which I can't do. I'm not picky when it comes to coffee at all but I know what I can and can't drink and if I can't drink it it must be horrible. Don't get me started on DD's "latte's". Their coolata's are good though. Anyway...

Old Posted May 31, 2008, 4:31 PM

Donut run

I find it racist that DD pulled the ad. I am boycotting all DD in the Pacific Northwest. Who wants to join me for a Donut run to Timmies in Vancouver? No , no not that little vancouver, the big Vancouver with the two new buildings putting Portland to shame.....

Old Posted May 31, 2008, 4:46 PM
Eurosceptic

If there are no Dunkins in Oregon, why is the Oregon State Capitol featured in that "terrorist-supporting" advertisment?

Old Posted May 31, 2008, 5:16 PM

according to the web site there's one - in salem, in fact.

Old Posted May 31, 2008, 5:20 PM

^^^There was up until a few months ago. It closed and then reopened as a different donut shop.

Old Posted May 31, 2008, 5:51 PM
Bears of antiquity

I miss Tim Hortons.

The Michigan ones are a little better than the canadian ones since the coffee doesn't SUCK.

Old Posted May 31, 2008, 8:44 PM

These conservative bloggers are the representatives and torch-bearers of the people the spurred welfare reform, defeated the Soviet Union, completely overhauled the tax system, proposed and implemented the START treaties, ran a brilliant campaign in the first Gulf War... and this is what they've sunk to?

Old Posted Jun 1, 2008, 5:30 AM

^hmmmm, the moderate Republicans have made many great contributions to the country and even our state, but the conservative republicanism, the one wrapping the flag around the cross, don't represent much of anything nor have many great accomplishments they have provided to America.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > General Discussion