HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Hilton Garden Inn/ Homewood Suites Calgary Downtown in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Calgary Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Dec 15, 2014, 3:43 AM
Editor

IMG_7159 by outoftheiceyyc, on Flickr

Old Posted Jan 17, 2015, 7:09 PM
Editor

Old Posted Jan 17, 2015, 7:10 PM
Editor

Old Posted Jan 17, 2015, 7:15 PM
Editor

Old Posted Jan 18, 2015, 2:20 AM
ARTchitecture

From yesterday...

EV Hilton by Chadillaccc, on Flickr

EV Hilton by Chadillaccc, on Flickr

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2015, 7:43 AM
Editor

^I like how you pop the rendering into your updates!

Old Posted Feb 17, 2015, 6:24 PM

Hilton

Hilton by Chadillaccc, on Flickr

Old Posted Feb 17, 2015, 11:27 PM

I'm a bit jealous. Hilton just built two hotels in Halifax and they are crap. This one looks half decent.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2015, 3:05 AM
I am the law!

No need to be jealous. Different developers (Silverbirch & Widewaters ) . Don't confuse the hotel management flag with ownership.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2015, 4:42 PM
Editor

We'll see how this turns out once it's finished. It's not exactly an architectural gem, but not every development is going to be...this is the classic example of filler. I'm just happy to see another empty lot in East village get developed.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2015, 10:43 PM
Editor

Old Posted Feb 22, 2015, 10:44 PM
Editor

Old Posted Feb 23, 2015, 8:24 AM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealplaces View Post
We'll see how this turns out once it's finished. It's not exactly an architectural gem, but not every development is going to be...this is the classic example of filler. I'm just happy to see another empty lot in East village get developed.
Not to mention the first high rise hotel in this city in like eight years! Our hotel game is seriously lacking downtown. I've heard that the Marriott is still chugging along behind the scenes.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2015, 7:24 PM
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Not to mention the first high rise hotel in this city in like eight years! Our hotel game is seriously lacking downtown. I've heard that the Marriott is still chugging along behind the scenes.
I sure wish that the Club sport had gone ahead. We will see something else go up there, just a matter of when.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 4:18 AM
ARTchitecture

I meant the Residence Inn on Tenth is still chugging along. I wish the Club Sport had gone ahead too, it was a great location for a development like that.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 4:27 PM
Editor

Quote:
I meant the Residence Inn on Tenth is still chugging along. I wish the Club Sport had gone ahead too, it was a great location for a development like that.
If the Residence Inn goes ahead I'll be thrilled through, as any development along the Tracks is a total bonus.

I hope we see another hotel proposal for the Club Marriott location.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2015, 3:18 AM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
If the Residence Inn goes ahead I'll be thrilled through, as any development along the Tracks is a total bonus.

I hope we see another hotel proposal for the Club Marriott location.
I couldn't imagine anything but a hotel going in that location, other than maybe a mixed-use hotel/condo development.

I would put my money on the Residence Inn happening. It's been around for so long and is still alive, just working out final kinks I guess. If the developer wasn't serious about it, they wouldn't have fought so long for its approval is how I see it. Also, considering the fantastic location (minus the tracks) they'd be crazy not to put up a hotel there. Could you imagine how Tenth will look once the Marriott, 6th and 10, Mark, and WAM are built? What a whacky-looking/colourful stretch of street that will be Love it!

Old Posted Feb 27, 2015, 2:41 AM
Editor

10th is definitely on the way up. I was beginning to think nothing would get built there after it was ignored in the last cycle, so seeing all the action now is pretty cool. I imagine once these projects are done it will spur on even more development.

Quote:
I couldn't imagine anything but a hotel going in that location, other than maybe a mixed-use hotel/condo development.

I would put my money on the Residence Inn happening. It's been around for so long and is still alive, just working out final kinks I guess. If the developer wasn't serious about it, they wouldn't have fought so long for its approval is how I see it. Also, considering the fantastic location (minus the tracks) they'd be crazy not to put up a hotel there. Could you imagine how Tenth will look once the Marriott, 6th and 10, Mark, and WAM are built? What a whacky-looking/colourful stretch of street that will be Love it!

Old Posted Feb 27, 2015, 4:25 AM
Fake News

Quote:
Really? I think it's nicer than 90% of the hotels in this city. The only nicer ones IMO are the higher end ones like Le Germaine and the Palliser.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2015, 11:42 PM
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Really? I think it's nicer than 90% of the hotels in this city. The only nicer ones IMO are the higher end ones like Le Germaine and the Palliser.
Agreed. Compared to other hotels it's pretty decent. I just meant in general compared to all high rises.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive