HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Vancouver Photos

Old Posted Mar 16, 2015, 9:39 PM

Nice one showing the east-west axis.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2015, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinion View Post
JacobButterStick on reddit posted this interesting angle. Click the photo for huge resolution

This is very nice indeed. I had never realized that West Georgia Street offers a tunnel view of Science Center. It doesn't pop up like that from the street level.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2015, 4:43 AM
Community Guy

Exactly, didn't realize that either.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Mar 20, 2015, 2:48 AM

Out of curiosity we went to see a West End townhouse on Sunday. To be honest, I have never even noticed this building on, even though it is very nearby our current place. The townhouse was nice and homey with a rooftop patio, but it didn't really feel like our kind of place.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2015, 12:31 AM

A week ago we saw a penthouse suite in Mount Pleasant area on the 7th Street. Even though the suite was only on the 10th floor, the view over city was pretty nice.

Unfortunately the suite was in horrible condition and littered with empty liquor bottles. It was so filthy it felt disgusting to have to remove our shoes inside. The current tenants really couldn't care less about the suite.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2015, 3:34 AM

Last Sunday was a rainy day to see a suite on the 16th floor of Callisto tower in Coal Harbour. I have always liked the looks of this building and its little sister Carina next door and I have to say that the building is also very nice (and quiet!) inside.

Too bad the suite didn't convince us, so this was also not The One.

Almost managed to fit all of Callisto in this shot.

Shorter Carina

Looking up the Callisto's curvy wall.

Carina from 16th floor.

Cielo tower and surrounding Coal Harbour. Lots of glass.

More Coal Harbour.

Burrard Inlet and Seawall.

New convention center green roof and the seaplane terminal.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2015, 7:00 PM
A hole being Doug

Some photos taken from the balcony around Canada Place last weekend.

It's been a long time since cranes were frequently featured east of downtown, hopefully life returns to the area as with the group of redevelopments that included Woodwards. It is ridiculous to have such expensive real estate prices squeeze young adults while simultaneously having prime land neglected and disrespected.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2015, 7:29 PM

Granville Street and Vancouver skyline from 30th floor of Maddox.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2015, 8:52 PM

Great shots Klazu!

Old Posted Mar 30, 2015, 10:36 PM

Awesome photos Klazu.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2015, 11:42 PM

Beautifully done.....and I could be waving at you from home.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 1:04 AM

I forget, which building are you in, Vin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
I already posted this comment on the Canada section (with no reaction, of course), but this photo really shows that Downtown Vancouver has some good bones with layers and it is not all just green glass. Our waterfronts are glass-riddled, but the middle of Downtown has much more variety.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 5:54 AM
Vancouver Moderator

I roll my eyes at how in the Canada section, what you describe happens so many times.
You'll get 3 pages of humdrum Toronto construction (giant buildings but mostly dull) with tons of comments, 1 page of cool and eclectic Montreal and St. Johns shots with a few comments, despite lots of cool details to talk about. Then Klazu or others posting jaw-dropping photos of Metro Van, the kind that middle class Korean / Japanese people litterally see online having never heard about Vancouver before and book a trip for their next vacation. But of course no comments at all, or when someone says the photos are awesome they get crapped on by Ontario types. Then it goes back to eleventy-seven shots of concrete in Toronto from every angle.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 7:44 AM

Old Posted Apr 8, 2015, 2:28 AM

Around two weeks ago we saw two more suites in the Carina and Callisto buildings. First one was on the 9th floor of Carina. A good size units, but the curvy outer wall made it not very practical. Photos taken on a rainy Sunday.

The other suite was located on the other side of Callisto, on the 18th floor. This time the weather was better.

I somehow like the Escala building next door. It has the very best location in all of Coal Harbour and prices are like that.

The view of Burrard Inlet and the North Shore mountains was absolutely spectacular even though we were only halfway up the tower!

From this side of the building there is a nice open view of Coal Harbour waterfront.

And here is the whole view. Definitely not bad view, but the asking price for this suite was one thousand more than our budget is, so there was really no room for negotiation. Otherwise we would have taken the suite.

The reason why we event went to see this overpriced suite was because the rental agent called us and wanted to show it. So we thought what the heck and at least we got some nice photos to remember. I hope you enjoyed.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2015, 8:19 PM
Website Manager

Love all the photos Klazu! Sorry to hear about the gross apartment

Old Posted Apr 12, 2015, 4:26 AM

Three more places we have seen this week. First one is taken from the 14th floor of 1050 Burrard (part of Wall Centre complex) towards east. Kitchens in this tower are very old and also the tower is built cheaper than One Wall Center.

We also saw a 17th floor suite in The Waterford building in Yaletown. Very nice building overall and a good size suite, however it was missing that something. Erikson building is just next door.

Lastly we saw a place in The Spot building nearby Granville Street. The interesting thing about this older tower is that all suites are two-floor lofts.

There is a nice rooftop patio for residents to enjoy, offering great views over surrounding Yaletown and Downtown.

More to come...

Old Posted Apr 14, 2015, 6:38 AM

back around christmas

DSC_0605 by snub_you, on Flickr

Old Posted Apr 14, 2015, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
Lastly we saw a place in The Spot building nearby Granville Street. The interesting thing about this older tower is that all suites are two-floor lofts.
Same developer as Space (on Seymour), the Van Horne and Carrall Station (in Gastown) - also 2 storey loft buildings.

After problems will illegal infilling of the 2nd storeys in the buildings, the City revised the zoning bylaws so that ceiling heights have to average 10 ft throughout the building - eliminating future all-loft buildings.

The developer passed away sometime after the all-loft projects were built.

The only other 2-storey loft building downtown is Metropolis - by Rize-Alliance.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2015, 6:30 AM

Here are some pics I took today of the 4/20 smoke-out at the Art Gallery downtown. These were the early crowds before it got really crazy towards 4:00. I've never seen so many people in Robson Square before. Almost every step was being sat on, as well as the ledges. I didn't venture into the centre very much as you could hardly move in some places. A very blissed out crowd on a glorious summery day.

April 20 '15, my pics

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Vancouver Photos