HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1281  
Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 8:51 PM
The ATX's Avatar
The ATX The ATX is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My side of your fence
Posts: 8,634
Here's a smaller version. You're going to have a great view of 6XG going up.

__________________
Austin on Urban Planet:
http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/forum/215-austin/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1282  
Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 9:49 PM
clayton_rogue clayton_rogue is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 24
True story ATX

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1283  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 12:29 AM
KevinFromTexas's Avatar
KevinFromTexas KevinFromTexas is offline
chardonnay
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: the upside down
Posts: 49,631
Welcome to the forum, clayton_rogue. Glad you were able to sign up.
__________________
In America, today, it's not that truth has lost, it's that political bias has been accepted as a legitimate answer to every issue one struggles with.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1284  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 12:45 AM
The ATX's Avatar
The ATX The ATX is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My side of your fence
Posts: 8,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Welcome to the forum, clayton_rogue. Glad you were able to sign up.
We now have someone with a bird's eye view of the 6XG progress!

Let's just hope we have some progress soon. It's going kind of slow considering a Lincoln Rep stated that "construction has commenced." But I'm not worried. This one is golden.
__________________
Austin on Urban Planet:
http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/forum/215-austin/

Last edited by The ATX; Oct 22, 2019 at 1:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1285  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 4:07 PM
urbancore urbancore is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Zilker
Posts: 994
Just drove by and spoke to one of the workers on site. He said assuredly, that work would start on Tuesday.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1286  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 6:08 PM
The ATX's Avatar
The ATX The ATX is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My side of your fence
Posts: 8,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancore View Post
Just drove by and spoke to one of the workers on site. He said assuredly, that work would start on Tuesday.
Cool. Did you then ask them what the hell have they been doing the last several weeks?
__________________
Austin on Urban Planet:
http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/forum/215-austin/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1287  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 8:21 PM
Strayone's Avatar
Strayone Strayone is offline
Keep It Weird
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
Cool. Did you then ask them what the hell have they been doing the last several weeks?
Good ? He's likely with the demo crew only, possibly a city worker setting up pre demo stuff...who knows. A building this big takes baby steps to just get underway. As well as having so many pre construction issues, he'd just be a worker bee in the hive. But yeah it wouldn't hurt to ask, what would he say that could make the question less viable?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1288  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 8:48 PM
The ATX's Avatar
The ATX The ATX is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My side of your fence
Posts: 8,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strayone View Post
Good ? He's likely with the demo crew only, possibly a city worker setting up pre demo stuff...who knows. A building this big takes baby steps to just get underway. As well as having so many pre construction issues, he'd just be a worker bee in the hive. But yeah it wouldn't hurt to ask, what would he say that could make the question less viable?
I was kidding. That was all. I don't care what anybody was doing on the site the last few weeks.
__________________
Austin on Urban Planet:
http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/forum/215-austin/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1289  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 8:58 PM
urbancore urbancore is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Zilker
Posts: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
Cool. Did you then ask them what the hell have they been doing the last several weeks?
I was driving down Guad and noticed a guy replacing the scrim that fell last night, he had a JE Dunn bib on so, I rolled down the window and asked him.

He seemed pumped to be working on such a big deal.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1290  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 9:06 PM
masonh2479 masonh2479 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancore View Post
I was driving down Guad and noticed a guy replacing the scrim that fell last night, he had a JE Dunn bib on so, I rolled down the window and asked him.

He seemed pumped to be working on such a big deal.
I would be too, this tower will dwarf the Austonian and Independent. Next time you are driving by, ask if they will install construction cameras. It was cool watching the day to day progress of towers like the JW and Proper, watching the time-lapse at the end as well.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1291  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2019, 1:06 PM
The ATX's Avatar
The ATX The ATX is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My side of your fence
Posts: 8,634
This will be a nice place to hang out.



https://www.gensler.com/projects/600...treet?o=austin
__________________
Austin on Urban Planet:
http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/forum/215-austin/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1292  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2019, 10:36 PM
the Genral's Avatar
the Genral the Genral is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Far from the maddening crowd
Posts: 3,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
This will be a nice place to hang out.



https://www.gensler.com/projects/600...treet?o=austin
I will never know
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1293  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 1:10 PM
ahealy's Avatar
ahealy ahealy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Austin | Panni, Italia
Posts: 1,646
Ok, we need a new tallest with a public observatory PRONTO.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1294  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 1:57 PM
We vs us We vs us is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,556
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1295  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 3:23 PM
Austin1971 Austin1971 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by We vs us View Post
Nice. Tomorrow it begins.....

From the article

Developers Lincoln Property Company and Kairoi Residential recently announced the joint venture with DivcoWest, and that demolition to make way for the 66-story office and residential tower at the corner of Sixth and Guadalupe streets will officially begin Oct. 29.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1296  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 4:50 PM
The ATX's Avatar
The ATX The ATX is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My side of your fence
Posts: 8,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin1971 View Post
Nice. Tomorrow it begins.....

From the article

Developers Lincoln Property Company and Kairoi Residential recently announced the joint venture with DivcoWest, and that demolition to make way for the 66-story office and residential tower at the corner of Sixth and Guadalupe streets will officially begin Oct. 29.
Nice. So this one and 44 East will officially begin tomorrow.
__________________
Austin on Urban Planet:
http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/forum/215-austin/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1297  
Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 4:13 PM
Austin1971 Austin1971 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 808
Just drove by the site. Big ass demo excavator sitting in the plot.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1298  
Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 5:20 PM
Billy Cannon Billy Cannon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 30
Demolition has officially begun. RIP Extended Stay
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1299  
Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 5:37 PM
Urbannizer's Avatar
Urbannizer Urbannizer is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SXSW
Posts: 8,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Cannon View Post
Demolition has officially begun. RIP Extended Stay
https://www.reddit.com/r/Austin/comm...t7r/it_begins/
__________________
HAIF
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1300  
Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 8:48 PM
enragedcamel enragedcamel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 97
Why don't they demo these buildings using explosives? Isn't that way faster and also cheaper?
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:50 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.