HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > India

Old Posted Jul 31, 2008, 11:05 AM
www.projectscommunity.com

wonderful pics suncity.
Is there any upcoming projects in pune

Old Posted Jul 31, 2008, 11:06 AM
www.projectscommunity.com

also u know about katraj city. according to me its in pune is it?

Old Posted Sep 24, 2008, 12:54 PM

Smile Pune The beautiful city

I have to congratulate Pune for the fine developments that I have seen, Living in the U.K, I always thought Maharashtra,was all about Mumbai, how wrong I was.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2009, 10:31 PM
Transport Planner

Do you think you could post some pictures of Fergusson College and the surrounding areas?
And in the picture of the Pyramid mall...what was the second word?
I think it was Maygastoar....is it Megastore?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2009, 7:48 AM

more like Poon amirite guis?

Old Posted Jan 27, 2010, 5:10 PM

Thank you for these pictures!!! I moved here only a while ago, and I am amazed with its modernity

Old Posted Feb 23, 2011, 6:51 AM

Quote:
PUNE: The city's traffic chaos that is reaching epic proportions needs some quick solutions. The draft budget presented by the standing committee of the Pune Municipal Corporation for 2011-12 has a few suggestions. Among the foremost is air-conditioned bus service exclusively for IT professionals, a separate bus service to the Pune airport and free bicycles to all students studying from standards VII to X.

"Peak-hour traffic in Pune is a problem, and the civic body is taking efforts to decongest roads. I have proposed special air-conditioned bus services exclusively for IT professionals. The PMPML will provide 25 buses in various parts of the city to pick and drop IT professionals. These buses will have LCD screens, cellphone and laptop charging facilities," said standing committee chairman Arvind Shinde, while tabling the draft budget before the general body (GB) on Tuesday.

Shinde has made provision of Rs 12.50 crore for the buses and further provision will be made as per requirement. He also proposed bus services from Warje, Kothrud, Katraj, Hinjewadi and other parts to the airport. Another Rs 25 crore provision for the PMPML to improve the existing fleet was also made.

Shinde has also come up with the idea of giving free bicycles to students from standards VII to X. "The free PMPML pass scheme for students is in place. But to encourage the use of bicycle, I have introduced this scheme and made a provision of Rs 4 crore. This year, the target is to distribute 50,000 bicycles," said Shinde.

The draft budget has also made a provision of Rs 25 crore for the ring road and Rs 20 crore for flyover construction in parts of the city. "Special provision has been made for elevated roads at Senapati Bapat road and subway near the court premises in Shivajinagar," said Shinde.

In addition, Rs 2 crore has been set aside to encourage rickshaw drivers/owners to switch over to CNG. Shinde has also proposed two-wheeler driving training for city youths.
Source : Times of India

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > India