HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos

Old Posted Mar 22, 2008, 8:37 PM
· · · · · · · ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
Yes thank you for the photo tour Mike, it is my hometown but I am currently away at graduate school and while I was there is December it's nice to see even more recent pictures.

Thank you everyone else that has made such nice remarks about Salt Lake City. I am running for Mayor in 2019 and you are all invited to my swearing in ceremony.
^ Approve a 1000 footer and you have my vote.

Kidding aside, I think Salt Lake City is better suited for smaller projects that are more creative and intricate.

Thank you for the photo tour Delts, SLC is definitely a beautiful city. I would love to see some photos taken with the trees blooming.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2008, 4:05 AM
Meh

Had to have another peek.

I agree with you Mike, Austin could definitely learn something from SLC's library design. In fact, one of the things mentioned in a questionnaire on the Statesman, was that people wanted it to be bright and airy. That building certainly is. I'd love to see something similar when they build ours.

This is especially interesting with the well and fountain. It looks amazing. What a beautiful lobby.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2008, 11:36 PM

Kevin, you should see the theatre in this same building. It's hard to photograph because of it's size, (it seats over 21,000 people) but it is truely jaw-dropping. They schedule a lot of major pageants with renowned singing stars during the Holiday Season. Also the Mormon Tab. Choir, and other major performing groups uses it for performances when the historical tabernacle can't accomodate the size of a crowd, such as major trade conventions etc.

wordpress.com

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 12:17 PM

Mike, I happened to run into this thread again while doing some research on Google. I remembered how much I enjoyed it years ago. I'm wondering when you'll be back for another visit and photo tour? So much has been added since this last visit. I would especially love to get your take on City Creek Center.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2016, 12:41 AM

See they have a lot of apartment building projects going on in DT.SLC.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos