HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 18, 2015, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
It's the constant repetition. Just like I find myself constantly repeating this line.
The echo you hear is your own...

Without Simplicity there is only deafening silence...

The ring you are hearing is in your ears...

Let me know when you are tired...

Old Posted Feb 18, 2015, 8:44 PM

Lol how many times do we need to hear that this thing will not be built? That's all this thread is about. We get it.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2015, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonhouse View Post
Good to here from you. Nice to see a post from the administrator of this website/forum.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2015, 2:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearSummer View Post
You could not be more wrong here.
How could I possibly be "wrong" about the nature of a forum that I have been helping manage for nearly 15 years, and have personally created significant swaths of?

I think you need some time to think it over...

Old Posted Feb 19, 2015, 4:34 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

This is why I've been lurking as of late, and post in other threads and other areas. Just way too much bickering.

I get that points and counter-points are the bread and butter of discussions, but constant trolling from the same 3 or 4 people had made me went elsewhere or not post as often here, because of those people.

Jason, thank you for setting the tone here.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2015, 4:56 AM

Quote:
How could I possibly be "wrong" about the nature of a forum that I have been helping manage for nearly 15 years, and have personally created significant swaths of?

Did you just shut him out because he did not agree with you!!!

I agree there has to be civility on the threads but please, don't throw the baby out with the bath water!

How long does one spend in the corner with a time out?

That has not happened to me since grade 1! (Think Cuban missile crisis).

Perhaps a private exchange with parties you have an issue with
would have been in order...

With all the limitations of speech and news media around the world, I would hope you as a moderator would show a little more tolerance towards contrarian positions that many happen to agree with.

This may be cyber Canada but it's starting to feel like some place else..

When can we enjoy Simplicity again? He's like my morning espresso, if I don't get it first thing I start to twitch!!

Old Posted Feb 22, 2015, 9:42 PM

Feb.21.15
Model of the SkyCity proposal,(unfinished) added to OP of thread. The changes from the 1st conceptual renders are dramatic, hence the updated image in the OP.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2015, 2:13 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
Feb.21.15
Model of the SkyCity proposal,(unfinished) added to OP of thread. The changes from the 1st conceptual renders are dramatic, hence the updated image in the OP.
Tbh this model I like better. Reminds me of the towers in Asia. Plus it looks way more feasable then the futuristic one. Maybe this one will appeal to buyers better and be cheaper to build.
Don't count it as not being built yet.

Lots of you said we would never-
Get a new arena
Get a new stadium
Get an nhl team
Get the old nhl name back
See phase two of rapid transit finally get started
The list goes on and on.
Seems the least likely things do get done here

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote View Post
Tbh this model I like better. Reminds me of the towers in Asia. Plus it looks way more feasable then the futuristic one. Maybe this one will appeal to buyers better and be cheaper to build.
Don't count it as not being built yet.

Lots of you said we would never-
Get a new arena
Get a new stadium
Get an nhl team
Get the old nhl name back
See phase two of rapid transit finally get started
The list goes on and on.
Seems the least likely things do get done here
Without the angled peak on the building, I think they'll have to update their logo at the SkyCityWinnipeg.ca website.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 5:38 PM

The model isn't finished. So they could still be adding the outer skin and the angled top piece. So we'll have to wait until some type of official rendering or updated pic is released.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2015, 4:43 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownBooster View Post
Without the angled peak on the building, I think they'll have to update their logo at the SkyCityWinnipeg.ca website.
Even of it is finished like this concept it's still a nice building. Do we really need some building that puts us on the map? IMO we allready are on the map without some modern building.

I like the other concept. But I fear in say 30 years we will look at it like we look at the other futuristic garbage they built where the old city hall was.

And it's only cardboard. It it was done like this with lighting like you see I. The USA. It would stand out for miles.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2015, 3:32 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

our city is not bad though how many have a cafe restraunt in the court yard? or those treees

Old Posted Mar 2, 2015, 4:34 AM
BANNED

Quote:

Look, I get it that you and others are annoyed by the repetitive posts critical of Fortress here. But there is a reason for it. This thread shows up #4 for a Google search of "SkyCity Centre Winnipeg". If we allow posts about the fraudulent nature of this group to become buried in a 14+ page thread, then all new users who click on it end up seeing is a discussion about this imaginary project that makes it seem as though it is real. You are essentially unwittingly helping fraud artists by making them look legit. And fraud artist is the correct word- these people have convictions from their previous activities in Ontario and have done exactly none of the things they promised would happen 'soon' in 2013- no grocery store, no sales centre, no floor plans. All they do is sell junk bonds to 'investors' who will certainly lose their money.

So if you don't want people pointing out that this is a scam repetitively, why not use the 'creation' skills you describe to put some kind of warning banner over this thread? Better yet, why does this scam even have a thread on SkyscraperPage, as the only connection is that the idea of a tower is being depicted in the scam? I mean, shouldn't this page be for actual, sincere, projects?

Old Posted Mar 2, 2015, 9:17 PM

All projects, 90% of threads on this entire forum/website are categorized as proposed and open for discussion. Whether they are built or never come to fruition is not relevant in thread creation.
This forum is proposals/proposed projects.

Pro`pos´al
n. 1. That which is proposed, or propounded for consideration or acceptance; a scheme or design; terms or conditions proposed; offer; as, to make proposals for a treaty of peace; to offer proposals for erecting a building.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2015, 9:21 PM

I didn't realize this forum was an official resource that potential investors should base their financial futures on. Thought it was a forum for interested members of the public to discuss construction projects, valid or ridiculous as they may be.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 12:32 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post

All projects, 90% of threads on this entire forum/website are categorized as proposed and open for discussion. Whether they are built or never come to fruition is not relevant in thread creation.
I highly doubt that 90% of the threads on this site are about scams proposed by known convicts. By all means, count them up.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 12:38 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I didn't realize this forum was an official resource that potential investors should base their financial futures on. Thought it was a forum for interested members of the public to discuss construction projects, valid or ridiculous as they may be.
Of course not, but while that may be obvious to you and I, the people buying bonds for this tower are complete and total idiots and/or foreigners who don't have the experience to understand what English-language sources are legit and which aren't. It's not just me saying this- Mr. Myers posts on this forum because he knows it helps him round up this type of people. And while these greed driven 'investors' certainly have it coming, I see no reason why this site should be used as a potential tool for this kind of activity.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 1:16 AM
BANNED

Joy. Get rid of one negative person and 4 more come in to fill the void and talk nothing about the project at all. Just more ( save the banned poster garbage ) and ( the investors need to be able to google search this blah blah ).

As for investors needing to read this. They would see all you negative people and just shake their heads and want to run from Winnipeg all together. You all think you are saving people money when in fact all you are doing is giving this city a worse image for people maybe investing in it.......

Just close this thread or lock it and have it for viewing ONLY.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 1:50 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Joy. Get rid of one negative person and 4 more come in to fill the void and talk nothing about the project at all.
You don't seem to get it. There is no project here, other than Fortress making a few buck off fees charged to their junk bond customers. If you think this is a real project despite huge evidence to the contrary, then by all means show me evidence.

Quote:
Just more ( save the banned poster garbage ) and ( the investors need to be able to google search this blah blah ).
Since you bring it up, I agree that nobody should be banned for pointing out the reality here just because some would rather pretend that la la land is real.

Quote:
As for investors needing to read this. They would see all you negative people and just shake their heads and want to run from Winnipeg all together. You all think you are saving people money when in fact all you are doing is giving this city a worse image for people maybe investing in it.......
Dude, I've supported any real development in this town 100%. Find one post of criticism from me for any Winnipeg project. I even root for the ugly ones like the Alt Hotel and the GlassHouse parkade. I'm so proud of this city I actually have the courage to associate my real name with it. But the keyword is project. This isn't one. And I don't see how a bunch of gullible cheerleading for some securities fraudsters would reflect better on Winnipeg than the comments Simplicity and others have made that expose this for what it is.

Quote:
Just close this thread or lock it and have it for viewing ONLY.
Wow, we agree!

Last edited by pkirvan; Mar 3, 2015 at 2:00 PM.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 3:17 PM
What could go wrong?

SkyCityCentre WPG ‏@SkyCityWinnipeg 18m18 minutes ago

Demolition at our presentation centre is almost 90% complete! Look out for signage going up soon. #Winnipeg
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan