HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

The Mark in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Vancouver Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jul 22, 2015, 2:12 AM

Sun wasn't co-operating with me, but walking in the area yesterday I realized how seldomly we have seen this angle (and soon won't be able to). That huge box looks quite out-of-place.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2015, 8:48 PM

Spandrel mess aside, and I think it looks better now that the randomness of blinds/drapes are present, I have to say that I like how this one turned out.

My photo, August 26th 2015.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 2:13 AM

the spandrel mess with random curtains seen through the windows makes it look cluttered. Could've been much better. The interaction with pacific isn't good. Also why didn't they allow a couple parking spots along Seymour instead of a huge patch of grass. Although I like the size of it and size of the podium, just to add some positive

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 3:50 AM

As alluded on this forum earlier, one of the most spectacular rental suites we saw during our Great Apartment Hunt of 2015 was the sub-penthouse of The Mark. This 46th floor (in reality 40th) floor northwest unit had views to match our former place in the One Wall Centre.

Unfortunately the unit ended up being too small for our furniture, although we did contemplate downsizing for this place. In the end someone with a checkbook had walked in and took the apartment on the spot, only to be kicked out 2 months later when the suite returned to market. Unfortunately at that point we had already settled temporarily in The Max.

Anyways, here's a bried walkthough of the suite and the amazing view!

Both bedroom in the 1100 sqft suite were good size, but the kitchen and the living room were too tiny for our furniture. There was also not enough space for pots and pans in the kitchen cabinets. There is a large windowless pantry in the middle of the building which can act as a den.

The view from up here is amazing. Even during a downpour it was mesmerizing to watch and the open corner balconies are scary as hell!

Rolston's roof deck below.

English Bay. This view is going to change a LOT with all the new towers planned around Granville Bridge loops. Would have been a sweet place to witness the change happen.

One Wall Centre and Downtown looking great. Trump and Shangri-La are completely hidden from the view.

The Mark is the tallest in Yaletown (not for long, though) and that shows. Nothing compares to it in height.

The entire Downtown peninsula. What a great and dense layers our city has!

And there you have it. We didn't end up in The Mark and eventually moved even higher up in Metrotown.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 2:59 PM

Great pics thanks Klazu. The inside is nothing too special, I shudder to think of what the resale price was.

It's amazing to be in the tallest building in the area, I remember getting into a sub-penthouse at West One back when it was brand new and the "tallest residential in Vancouver". I think it was around 35-36 stories. Great to be looking down on the tops of other towers.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 3:38 AM

Yeah, having seen quite a few brand new Metro Vancouver towers in the recent years, IMHO the building quality inside suites is often times poor, especially considering how everything is a million dollars in here. There is no real luxury in most buildings, even in the sub-penthouse and penthouse suites.

In many buildings the materials used are nice to look at and look fancy on the marketing website, but in reality floor and counter surfaces get very quickly scratched, doors are so thin that you can accidentially punch through them, "marble" is ugly and feel like plastic, etc.

The views may be out of this world, but otherwise these are just regular apartments and far from luxury. For this very reason I also do wonder how well any of there newer condos will retail their value and how much renovation will be needed in the coming years...

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 6:01 AM

The one thing I wonder about the Mark is why they haven't adjusted their fountain LED's... I look down on them from my condo and they have them on full speed cycling through the LED colour wheel. It looks pretty bad actually, a nice slow fade would be way classier in my opinion. It's been funny to watch this whole building go up and then right at the very end no one bothers to tastefully adjust the LED controls...

Old Posted Oct 1, 2016, 7:36 AM
dazzle me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
really does look like china.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2016, 5:41 PM

Except that's fog not smog.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 6:09 AM

Hot damn! The only penthouse in this building has seen some serious custom work, being the entire top TWO foors of the building with its own pool. 5780 sqft of living space and 2800 sqft of outdoor space.

Looks incredible and so is the price. I wonder who might have built something like this? Neat pictures of surrounding area in the video.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van...280915216.html

Video Link

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 7:21 PM

Why is that person in bare feet on a hardwood floor? Worst thing for hardwood. Lol

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 9:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
Hot damn! The only penthouse in this building has seen some serious custom work, being the entire top TWO foors of the building with its own pool. 5780 sqft of living space and 2800 sqft of outdoor space.

Looks incredible and so is the price. I wonder who might have built something like this? Neat pictures of surrounding area in the video.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van...280915216.html
$30,000 per month? Would even a Hollywood star want to pay that much while they shoot here? It's not even waterfront.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
$30,000 per month? Would even a Hollywood star want to pay that much while they shoot here? It's not even waterfront.
They don't pay, the studio pays!

Young NHL'er on his first big contract? Sure.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 2:21 AM

PH was retained by Onni, same with the PH in the Charleson. The latter PH interior was designed by Robert Bailey; you can see some pics on his IG

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver